DVDFAB start window too large for screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFAB start window too large for screen

I upgraded my program to the latest version and when it opened the first screen with the list of modules is so big vertically that the start button on the bottom is off screen. Also. the window cannot be dragged or resized using the top bar of the window. Since the start button is not accessible the whole program is unusable. What to do???????

try changing your display resolution or the DPI setting

Comment

Had the same problem but it re-sized in recent versions. You can just hit enter to proceed.

Comment

If I could see an enter button I wouldn't be here. I was hoping the devs would see this so they could fix what they screwed up..

Comment

@ram1009

DVDFab will automatically resize the start up window according to the resolution of your PC. Please specify the resolution and DPI, we will check, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
            @ram1009

DVDFab will automatically resize the start up window according to the resolution of your PC. Please specify the resolution and DPI, we will check, thank you.
            Well, I'm sure it's suppose to adjust automatically and it always has until the last update but it doesn't. The only resolution I can find is 1920x 1200 and that is recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by ram1009 View Post

Well, I'm sure it's suppose to adjust automatically and it always has until the last update but it doesn't. The only resolution I can find is 1920x 1200 and that is recommended.
              What's the DPI?

Comment

What's the DPI?
                Where do I find it in W7? I fail to see the relevance of this question since no matter what the DPI your program should work.

Comment

Where do I find it in W7? I fail to see the relevance of this question since no matter what the DPI your program should work.
                  right-click on an empty area on your screen - click personalize - display

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

right-click on an empty area on your screen - click personalize - display
                    120 pixels per inch

Comment

120 pixels per inch
                      is this a desktop screen or a laptop screen ??

Comment

We could not reproduce the problem under 1920 x 1200, 120%, but we do get similar problem in other case (1920*1080, 175%), we will improve it.

In your case, since the previous version worked until recent update, we didn't make changes regarding this section in the latest DVDFab, maybe you can try a complete uninstall and then reinstall to have a try and see if it will make a difference.

Comment

We could not reproduce the problem under 1920 x 1200, 120%, but we do get similar problem in other case (1920*1080, 175%), we will improve it.

In your case, since the previous version worked until recent update, we didn't make changes regarding this section in the latest DVDFab, maybe you can try a complete uninstall and then reinstall to have a try and see if it will make a difference.
                          Recently there have been frequent updates. Is another close. Maybe it will self correct. I really don't want to re-install except as a last resort. I always have problems with re-installs. Programs never run the same.
                          Last edited by ram1009; 09-28-2018, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Recently there have been frequent updates. Is another close. Maybe it will self correct. I really don't want to re-install except as a last resort. I always have problems with re-installs. Programs never run the same.
                            there was one yesterday - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...tember-27-2018

Comment

Good news!! My problem has self corrected without my intervention. Don't ask me how but it's back to normal. I also have a fresh update request that I'm afraid to employ. Thanks to responders.
                              Last edited by ram1009; 09-29-2018, 05:28 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                              X