Bug Report: Preview On DVDs Playing Wrong Audio File And Subtitle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug Report: Preview On DVDs Playing Wrong Audio File And Subtitle

I have noted that since the last update, the preview in when ripping DVDs is not playing the selected audio track.

I am ripping using the English audio. When I I have the English track selected and try to preview, it plays another track in another language. However, when I rip, the audio is English.

This has happened across multiple DVDs.

It might also be affecting the Subtitles. On one where I really wanted the subtitles, the preview displayed some other language when I had only English selected. But the rip seems to be fine. I've only done this for one DVD so I'm not sure if it's across all, but given the above with the audio I suspect the subtitles are also affected.

Did you set the audio language in the preview window? (see image attached below)
    Please list the movies you have such problem and post dvdfab_internal.log files too. Thank you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	preview audio.png
Views:	208
Size:	354.3 KB
ID:	369249

Comment

I'm not going back to find all the movies this occurred with, but it was happening with multiple movies.

EDIT: It is currently happening with the Subtitles for the Blu Ray of Westworld (1973). I have English selected as the only subtitle for the rip, but when I preview it, it's showing some other language..maybe Korean.

Looking at the settings on the Preview by right-clicking, it has English selected for the subtitles.

Also, I've NEVER had to sent the language in the preview mode. Is that something new? I thought the Preview mode was supposed to show you the movie based on whatever audio and subtitles you have selected. Is that not the case?

To be clear, I only have ONE audio language selected. I burn the English audio exclusively.
      Last edited by MrMagooAZ; 06-20-2019, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the info, we will run some tests and get back to you.

Also, I've NEVER had to sent the language in the preview mode. Is that something new? I thought the Preview mode was supposed to show you the movie based on whatever audio and subtitles you have selected. Is that not the case?
        The preview window will playback the sub/audio based on the option you selected on the main window.
        I was trying to confirm whether it will display the correct one when you manually select the audio or subtitle option in the preview window.

Comment

We don't have Blu Ray of Westworld (1973), but tested with a lot of other movies, we could not repeat the problem. If it's okay, please clone one of the problematic sources and upload it to our FTP to help check this problem, thanks in advance.
          I've PMed you the FTP info.

Comment

Working...
          X