• Show
Clear All

What is this UI element for?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ddfbsht2.png
Views:	692
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	369277

Apparently it does nothing, or is it supposed to move or something?

It is dynamic and the best I can gather, it will show you the overall throughput of the current operation (disk read speed + decoding/encoding speed via CPU + Nvidia or Intel or AMD graphic chip). It will only show a speed during actual encoding/decoding operations, not when the app is idle. At least that has been my interpretation based on my observation.

Comment

It must not work because I ripped a UHD Disc and it took 14 hours and it never moved yet all 16 cores were pegged on my system.

Comment

It works with the Ripper module. Make an MP4 and you'll see it working if your GPU will share the workload:Click image for larger version

Name:	ripper.png
Views:	322
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	369284
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by AcIDc0r3 View Post
          It must not work because I ripped a UHD Disc and it took 14 hours and it never moved yet all 16 cores were pegged on my system.
          That's caused by that your conversion speed is too slow when using the CPU only to convert the UHD disc.

You may need a NVIDIA card like GTX 1060, 1050 etc if you have some UHD discs need to convert.

Thanks!

Wilson
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post

That's caused by that your conversion speed is too slow when using the CPU only to convert the UHD disc.

You may need a NVIDIA card like GTX 1060, 1050 etc if you have some UHD discs need to convert.

Thanks!

Wilson
            I have a GTX 1080ti and my CPU is a Ryzen 1800X with 16 cores and they were all pegged out in System Monitor.

Comment

As you can see in this video capture it's in that 12% phaze for this UHD disc and that meter is sitting at zero but as you can tell from my resource monitor all 16 cores are near if not at 100%. I don't know if you guys configured it to read Ryzen CPU's or not but it's not reading my CPU.

Comment

I have a GTX 1080ti and my CPU is a Ryzen 1800X with 16 cores and they were all pegged out in System Monitor.
                It's not the percentum of CPU/GPU usage, but the conversion speed and which is used for conversion, and why you not use your 1080 for converting?

Thanks!

Wilson
                Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Thanks!

Comment

It's not the percentum of CPU/GPU usage, but the conversion speed and which is used for conversion, and why you not use your 1080 for converting?

Thanks!

Wilson
                  Because hardware acceleration yields a larger file size than software encoding and I want to keep it as small as possible.

Comment

Well I tried what you suggested and used hardware acceleration and the needle never moved off of zero. I have a GTX 1080 ti and Ryzen 7 1800X, that needle should be pegged. Y'all need to get that fixed.

Attached Files
                    Last edited by AcIDc0r3; 06-25-2019, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Hi,

Please post the DVDFab internal log file, thanks!

Wilson

Thanks!

Comment

Hi,

Please post the DVDFab internal log file, thanks!

Wilson
                        dvdfab_internal.log

Comment

[ATTACH]n369770[/ATTACH]
                          From developers:
                          1. Your progress in 12% is a UI problem;

2. For the UI that shows CPU in the right top corner, it is for showing conversion speed not for showing cpu usage.
                          For example, if cuda shrinking at 100fps, it will show nvidia 4x speed

3. Your youtube video showed converter speed as about 4 fps, and cpu usage about 60%~70%.
                          While soft encode, it's based on x265, and this speed for 4k 10bit h265 is around normal speed.

x265 cannot use full ryzen resource for now.
                          https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=174383 (x265 Ryzen discussion)

4. we recommend to use gtx1080ti for reencode.
                          In the advanced setting window, there should be a way to set bitrate to encode small size video.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

From developers:
                            1. Your progress in 12% is a UI problem;

2. For the UI that shows CPU in the right top corner, it is for showing conversion speed not for showing cpu usage.
                            For example, if cuda shrinking at 100fps, it will show nvidia 4x speed

3. Your youtube video showed converter speed as about 4 fps, and cpu usage about 60%~70%.
                            While soft encode, it's based on x265, and this speed for 4k 10bit h265 is around normal speed.

x265 cannot use full ryzen resource for now.
                            https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=174383 (x265 Ryzen discussion)

4. we recommend to use gtx1080ti for reencode.
                            In the advanced setting window, there should be a way to set bitrate to encode small size video.
                            Yes I already encoded using my gtx1080ti and it still shows at zero percent.

Comment

Yes I already encoded using my gtx1080ti and it still shows at zero percent.
                              Please be sure that you are using gtx1080ti to redo the process, and then post the latest dvdfab_internal.log file and fabcheck_internal.log file. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X