Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subtitles not displaying

Hi

I have an Italian series that when I put into my DVD player I can click to turn on Subtitles. When I rip it the subtitles don't appear.

Currently under Subtitles I have English selected but nothing happens. The only other options I have are None, Forced and add external

There are only 3 files on the disc both episodes together or each as individuals.

Any advice would be great.

1. How many subtitle options are available for choosing when playback? Please playback the source disc, and display the subtitle list to check it first.
    2. Are you using Copy or Ripper? If Ripper, which subtitle mode, remux, render or extract?
    3. Please specify the name of the Italian series and post the dvdfab_internal.log file for analyzing too. Thanks.

Comment

Hi Mona

Series is Inspector Montalbano complete collection 1-8
      When you load the disc it just asks Subtitles on/off

I'm using Ripper
      Subtitles are set to - Remus VobSub

I've attached the log file as well.

J
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mona

I've just tried another seies and have the same thing

Series - The Out-Laws (aka Cult)
        Same settings as above
        It shouws the subtitles when previewing
        I've attached the log as well

I hope all this info helps
        Attached Files

Comment

I could not reproduce the issue with our source. Please try it this way:
          1. Use Copy-Main Movie mode to copy several chapters of the main movie title, be sure to include the subtitle.
          2. Playback the chapter copy, make sure subtitles can be played well.
          3. Load the chapter copy to Ripper to convert again.
          4. If the output MP4 still has the same missing subtitle issue, please send this chapter copy to our FTP, we will test it and see where the problem is.
          Please attach the latest log file too.
          Thanks.

Comment

Hi Mona

I've exported the disc as you said and when I played it no subtitles.

Can you resend me the info to upload and the files you want

J

Comment

I have sent the FTP info via PM, please kindly check, thank you.

Comment

Hi Mona

Sorry for the delay I've replied to your PM and have uploaded the file files.

J

Comment

I have downloaded the file and tested it, but encounter a different issue with your source, I am having the developers checking it now, any news, I will update you. Thank you for your support and patience.

Comment

Hi Mona

That's great I'll wait to hear back from you

J

Comment

Hi Mona and news on the subtitle problem? I have another disc that has the same issue. It's an English series called Tinker Tail Soldier Spy. The first episode has a set of subtitles about 20 mins in but they won't display what ever setting I use.

Thanks

J

Comment

Did you get this issue sorted out? Currently I have a similar one. Whenever I try to remux PGS Subtitles they don't always show on the playback!

Comment

I, too, am having issues getting subtitles to work. In my case, I'm using Convertor to take an already ripped video, with subtitles that work fine on playback, and attempting to use "Direct render to video" to hardcode the subtitles into the video. This has worked fine in the past, though I haven't used it for a while. However, with 11.1.0.4 (32-bit) and 11.1.0.6 (64-bit) it isn't working. I've tried using different subtitle streams, all of which I can view during playback of the original file. However, after conversion, they aren't hardcoded into the video and the subtitle information that was in the original source is gone.

Comment

I just tried adding an external subtitle to a file that didn't hardcode subtitles as described in my post above. The added external subtitle worked just fine and hardcoded into the video.

So in my case, it seems to be an issue with subtitles that are already present in the video file. DVDFab won't render them to the video.

Comment

Originally posted by Outback_Jon View Post
                              I, too, am having issues getting subtitles to work. In my case, I'm using Convertor to take an already ripped video, with subtitles that work fine on playback, and attempting to use "Direct render to video" to hardcode the subtitles into the video. This has worked fine in the past, though I haven't used it for a while. However, with 11.1.0.4 (32-bit) and 11.1.0.6 (64-bit) it isn't working. I've tried using different subtitle streams, all of which I can view during playback of the original file. However, after conversion, they aren't hardcoded into the video and the subtitle information that was in the original source is gone.
                              Please specify the name of the video source you tried, also attach the dvdfab_internal log file for the process, so that the developer can check the log first, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X