Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After upgrade to v12 from 11 H265 no longer works on either v11 or 12.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After upgrade to v12 from 11 H265 no longer works on either v11 or 12.

First off thanks to Mona for fixing my account so I could post after my activation email did nothing but let me subscribe to topics.

So I was running V11.0.0.7 and used a custom profile for H265 10 bit ripping and conversion with just CPU on my 3900x just fine could even run two instances of DVDFab at a time to do two movies at once. I upgraded to 12.0.0.0 and it immediately didn't work for H265 (any profile) with a open encoder error in the log and in the app it running the task for 3 seconds then saying it completed with nothing in the output folder I have set. So I figured it was bugged and it was new so I'd wait and see what got fixed and continued using 11.0.0.7 then same issue happened after about 3 encodes on that version with same thing in DVDFabs 11 log location. So I figured some common config was messed up with v12 and uninstalled both versions (cleared appdata DVDFab folders, documents folders, DVDFab Common folder) Then rebooted the PC and installed fresh v12.0.0.1 reauthorized the app and tested again and same issue so now I'm thinking some regsitry entry must have remained or something as even doing above and installing v11 will also only allow H264 to work and not H265.

My Feedback ID is 10199611 from the app but I'll attach the logs I have here as well.

Hope this can get resolved as it seems like a pretty big bug.

Malcolm

Log.rar

I have passed the issue and your log file to our developer for checking, I will keep you posted. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
      I have passed the issue and your log file to our developer for checking, I will keep you posted. Thanks.
      Thanks Mona, I have updated to 12.0.0.2 and am doing some testing and will post again after my tests are done but it seems only 2 pass crashes instantly and one pass is fine (I am making a big one at the moment to test this).

Comment

Mona I have finished the test and it would seem only if 2 pass selected it breaks. If I select one pass it is fine on both profiles in H265. Here are my new logs for checking.
        Attached Files

Comment

In our test, the 2-pass conversion can go through well. Please kindly update to the latest version to try again. Thanks.

Comment

In our test, the 2-pass conversion can go through well. Please kindly update to the latest version to try again. Thanks.
            I tired the new 12.0.0.4 and still get this error and same behavior. Logs attached.

EDIT: Can I get a guide to fully scrub my system of the app registry included to make sure no old piece remains for a clean install? Also are you all using Intel for testing, perhaps it's an issue that has cropped up on the AMD side?

Thanks.
            Malcolm

Log.rar
            Attached Files
            Last edited by rvcjew; 11-02-2020, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Thank you for the update, I will have the QA team double-check.

Comment

Thank you for the update, I will have the QA team double-check.
                I updated to 12.0.0.5 and same issue, log attached. When I get time this week I will install the software on a fresh copy of windows on another pc that also has ryzen and see what happens if anything.

Malcolm
                Attached Files

Comment

We test and the result is good on other cpus. intel / AMD , the current guess is the cpu load or power usage, so please try to use less cpu cores to have a try and see the result. Thanks.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	CPU core.png
Views:	462
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	386768

Comment

Mona
                    I have the same issue with 12.0.0.7 and using one core as a test or any core count does not matter and I can do anything else on my pc that uses upwards of 700w of power from the wall as shown with a ups without any issue. Here is my logs off 12.0.0.7 and some pics showing the settings you showed as well as my conversion settings that just fail and say the task was successful when it has not done anything.

Thanks
                    Malcolm

Click image for larger version  Name:	cores.PNG Views:	0 Size:	81.7 KB ID:	387044
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	core settings.PNG Views:	0 Size:	379.6 KB ID:	387045
                    Last edited by rvcjew; 11-20-2020, 11:27 PM.

Comment

We test and the result is good on other cpus. intel / AMD , the current guess is the cpu load or power usage, so please try to use less cpu cores to have a try and see the result. Thanks.
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	CPU core.png Views:	52 Size:	73.3 KB ID:	386768
                      Okay Mona I tried that and nothing changed, I have since then completely removed all traces of the app, registry entry, appdata ect, deauthorized my app first and just completely blew it out and installed fresh 12.0.0.9 and none of my settings had stuck and all entries were created and same issue, here is my must current log from a fresh install and only one file ran which worked in 11. I really do think your H265 10bit encoder is broken, it just always says it can't open the encoder. Handbrake for reference same parameters does work fine. I do really hope this can be resolved or I'm going to have to leave to another app perhaps which I rather not do after using dvdfab for years.

EDIT: is the default ui color blue or the orange and grey?

Thanks.
                      Malcolm
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by rvcjew; 12-02-2020, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rvcjew View Post

Okay Mona I tried that and nothing changed, I have since then completely removed all traces of the app, registry entry, appdata ect, deauthorized my app first and just completely blew it out and installed fresh 12.0.0.9 and none of my settings had stuck and all entries were created and same issue, here is my must current log from a fresh install and only one file ran which worked in 11. I really do think your H265 10bit encoder is broken, it just always says it can't open the encoder. Handbrake for reference same parameters does work fine. I do really hope this can be resolved or I'm going to have to leave to another app perhaps which I rather not do after using dvdfab for years.

Thanks.
                        Malcolm
                        try turning off your computer (unplug from wall for safety) disconnect your HDD and then retry plugging back up your HDD
                        restart your computer and see if the H265 now works. see post #17 - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...-working/page2

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

try turning off your computer (unplug from wall for safety) disconnect your HDD and then retry plugging back up your HDD
                          restart your computer and see if the H265 now works. see post #17 - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...-working/page2
                          Thanks for the advice but the data source is on a NAS and the hdd is in the pc but it has been completely apart recently anyways and this only started happening after I updated to 12 and beyond. I have also already tried that cold boot method too though so it's not that. One pass does seem to work just not two pass.
                          Malcolm

Comment

The blue one is the default UI.

Comment

Just a heads up rvcjew, your also cropping your movies. look at your resolution in your advanced settings window you attached. 1920x816. This is a VERY annoying setting that is turned on by default in dvdfab. go to settings and then last tab, conversion, turn off crop automatically. save settings and restart dvdfab. after that the advanced settings will shows 1920x1080

Comment

Working...
                              X