DVDFab service reps again fail to address decryption problem with Fox BD disks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gondorff View Post

I'm afraid I don't understand this or how I'm supposed to play it. I really think we need to find out what's blocking the disk content on the external player.
    can you get the files to play in a player such as vlc or dvdfab media player ??

Comment

I have the free Leawo software player. It does play a clone disk I made. The content of that disk is not recognized by my LG player.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondorff View Post
        I have the free Leawo software player. It does play a clone disk I made. The content of that disk is not recognized by my LG player.
        does the LG player have the latest firmware update ??

Comment

Yes, it has the latest issued firmware update available.
          I have the original manufactured disk sold by Fox.
          I made a cloned copy disk with DVDFab. Also have done this in Customize and Full Disk modes.
          If the original Fox manufactured disk plays in the LG player, why do the disks made via DVDFab not play?
          That suggests to me that DVDFab is failing to remove some form of protection that are particular to Fox disks.
          As stated many times previously, DVDFab-copied disks of all other studio releases (other than Fox) DO work in the LG player.

Comment

As I posted earlier, my testing of these 2 titles leads me to believe these are examples of Fox monkeying around with the disc to determine if the title is being played from something other than the original disc. This is a tactic employed by Fox many times over the years. I realize this has been frustrating for Gondorff, but I suggest we give the folks at DVDFab Tech Support a bit of time to see what they can do about it. DVDFab has handled this kind of thing before, and I expect they will again.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich86 View Post
              As I posted earlier, my testing of these 2 titles leads me to believe these are examples of Fox monkeying around with the disc to determine if the title is being played from something other than the original disc. This is a tactic employed by Fox many times over the years. I realize this has been frustrating for Gondorff, but I suggest we give the folks at DVDFab Tech Support a bit of time to see what they can do about it. DVDFab has handled this kind of thing before, and I expect they will again.
              So this is a known protection used by Fox? Why has it never been addressed?
              As to giving the techs a bit more time, my first thread about this problem was in January of 2018. This is actually the fifth thread I've posted on it. Every time, I am asked to provide logs, links to the pertinent disks, the most detailed descriptions of my methods and answers to questions that are obviously irrelevant to the issue. I have done that as many times as I intend to. I've asked them to simply replicate my experience - obtain a Fox disk, any Fox disk, copy and burn it, put it in a player and see if it works. Each thread, including this one, has been abandoned without resolution. Considering that they have not even participated in this thread, I very much doubt they are doing anything about it now.

Comment

I understand your frustration with this & empathize. I sent PMs to 2 support folks who I've gotten to know over the years with the details of my testing and my conclusions. I promptly received a reply that they would look into it. Hopefully that will happen.

Comment

Thank you for your involvement, Rich. Very much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                  X