preview audio is not the same audio that is ripped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-ray preview audio is not the same audio that is ripped

I have noticed this with a few other movies. The film "The Counterfeiters" has a commentary or producers audio track about how the film was made. When I click on the play button the theatrical release audio is played. Unaccountably, when clicking the "start" the audio that is saved is the commentary, not theatrical. What can I do to ensure that the audio that I hear, played during the preview, is the same audio that is saved? The green preview arrow button plays the correct audio but the wrong audio is saved.

Click image for larger version  Name:	wrongaudio.jpg Views:	0 Size:	18.4 KB ID:	389676

OK, I figured it out and there is a bug:

There are two English audio tracks. If I click on the "EN" all the audio tracks show up in a dialog box but BOTH of the English tracks are selected "[X]" However, only the second track is written to the MP4 file. Using Dvdfab player 6 (on the MP4) if I select audio, there is only one selection even though both where checked during the rip. I re-ripped to MP4 and checked only the first "English [X]". When the mp4 was written the extension was "Threatical: instead of "Title.1" and the correct audio was played.

It would be helpful if the audio dialog selection box shows "English threatical [X]" and "English Title.1 [X]" instead of both being just "English". In addition, the preview audio should always match the audio that is saved.
    Last edited by BeemerBiker; 01-28-2021, 05:38 PM.

The problem is worse! I ran three rips to mp4, but neither the title1 nor the theatrical mp4 has the correct audio. I cannot make an mp4 with the the theatrical release audio! I have never seen this before. There must be a problem or different design with the BluRay disk layout.. Also, I was mistaken about the EN dialog box popup. That was for the subtitles not audio. There are only 3 audio selections and I do not know how to get the theatrical release!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	wrong2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	14.8 KB ID:	389685
    how do I get the theatrical release audio into the mp4? A list of available "other titles" shows only a single main one of 1.38 hours. All the rest are short titles
    Click image for larger version

Name:	wrong3.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	389690
    Last edited by BeemerBiker; 01-28-2021, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BeemerBiker View Post
      The problem is worse! I ran three rips to mp4, but neither the title1 nor the theatrical mp4 has the correct audio. I cannot make an mp4 with the the theatrical release audio! I have never seen this before. There must be a problem or different design with the BluRay disk layout.. Also, I was mistaken about the EN dialog box popup. That was for the subtitles not audio. There are only 3 audio selections and I do not know how to get the theatrical release!
      Click image for larger version Name:	wrong2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	14.8 KB ID:	389685
      how do I get the theatrical release audio into the mp4? A list of available "other titles" shows only a single main one of 1.38 hours. All the rest are short titles
      Click image for larger version  Name:	wrong3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	21.9 KB ID:	389690
      try clicking common settings - streams - audio - select the first audio track setting option instead of select all audio tracks restart dvdfab and retry the disc again. see post #9 & #10 - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...audio-narrator
      Last edited by october262; 01-29-2021, 01:37 AM.

Comment

I have noticed this with a few other movies. The film "The Counterfeiters" has a commentary or producers audio track about how the film was made. When I click on the play button the theatrical release audio is played. Unaccountably, when clicking the "start" the audio that is saved is the commentary, not theatrical. What can I do to ensure that the audio that I hear, played during the preview, is the same audio that is saved? The green preview arrow button plays the correct audio but the wrong audio is saved.
        From the attached screenshot, there is only one English audio track (AC 3/2).
        Please send us the BDinfo of the disc: C:\Users\xxx\Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab12\BDInfo
        Also, the dvdfab_internal log file for the movie session is needed. thanks.

Comment

I sent a private message with the attached ZIPs. You might consider adding the STRIKETHROUGH capability for editing. I wanted to strikethrough the line I wrote above where I said "and the correct audio was played." as I actually did not listen to the MP4 when I wrote that. I just assumed it was the correct audio as I noticed the file ending was "theatrical" instead of "title.1" After the file was written I listened and it was the same commentary audio.

I am not sure if this contributes to the problem, but when I first got my system I relocated the "Documents" directory to a larger hard drive instead of the small SSD. Your app, and a few others, use both the default Document directory as well as the relocated Document directory. Consequently there were two sets of log files so I included both in the attachments.

Thank you for responding!

Comment

Working...
          X