Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab hangs 99%

Hi at all

I have a notebook with AMD Ryzen5 4000 Series CPU and integrated AMD Radeon VEGA 6 video card.
    With any version of DVDFab and trying to update AMD video drivers to the latest version (Adrenalin) when I convert a video from H264 to H265, DVDFab always stays at 99% and never finishes the conversion. Only with a very old version of video driver does it work.
    However, I lose all the advantages and improvements of the video card

I was wondering if any of you have any ideas to suggest to solve this problem.

My Current Configuration:

DVDFab x64 v12.0.1.9
    Video Driver: Adrenalin v21.2.3

Thanks in advanced

Please attach the dvdfab_internal.log and the fabcheck_internal log file for troubleshooting, the default location for DVDFab log file is:
    C:\Users\xxx\Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab12\Log
    Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
      Please attach the dvdfab_internal.log and the fabcheck_internal log file for troubleshooting, the default location for DVDFab log file is:
      C:\Users\xxx\Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab12\Log
      Thanks.
      Hi Mona,

thanks for your answer, I have attach del log file.

Thanks so much
      Attached Files

Comment

Sorry I forgot to attach the second log
        Attached Files

Comment

We receive the log file. Please disable GPU and Lightning-Shrink in Common Settings > A/V Codec to convert again and see the result.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
            We receive the log file. Please disable GPU and Lightning-Shrink in Common Settings > A/V Codec to convert again and see the result.
            Hi Mona,
            I did as you said, the conversion is successful, but the conversion time has drastically increased 1h vs 8min.
            FPS 28 vs FPS 260

I would like the conversion to be successful with GPU hardware acceleration enabled, it's possible?

in attach new log file with GPU Hardware Acceleration disabled

Thank you for your interest
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mona,
              any news?

Thanks

Comment

No update from the developer yet, I will let you know if there is news.

Comment

I have try the last version DVDFab v12.0.2.0 hoping that the problem could be solved, but I still have the same problem :-(

Comment

I have try the last version DVDFab v12.0.2.1 hoping that the problem could be solved, but I still have the same problem, it is absurd that you can not fix this bug

Comment

Same problem with the 6900xt. I have to use software decoding.

Comment

the problem persists even with 12.0.2.9

Comment

Same here... I just upgraded to a Radeon 6950 XT and the decoding is terrible now!!!!

It runs Flight Simulator on 3 monitors with ULTRA high resolution, but cannot be used for decoding, any upcoming update to support AMD GPU's?
                          Last edited by dragoneyes76; 08-11-2022, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dragoneyes76 View Post
                            Same here... I just upgraded to a Radeon 6950 XT and the decoding is terrible now!!!!

It runs Flight Simulator on 3 monitors with ULTRA high resolution, but cannot be used for decoding, any upcoming update to support AMD GPU's?
                            Ya this is solely the reason I never go AMD anymore. Their encode/decode is utter garbage. It's not dvdfab's issue. It's AMD's actual driver implementation in all encode programs.

Comment

Working...
                            X