Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab v12.0.5.6 (Win) Flashing green frames

DVDfab x64 12.0.5.6 on Windows 7

I recently noticed some Region 1 titles were being "interlaced" with green frames. This results in a green strobe effect during playback. A rip of the 1941 film The Maltese Falcon does it, for the first 20 seconds of the film. I am including a screenshot to better illustrate my issue.

This only happens with some titles, both color and monochromatic. It happens when a title is ripped at DVD9 and DVD5 sizes. This must have started with some update made in the past couple months.

Another title had interlaced green frames throughout; I removed them by re-encoding the VOBs with AVStoDVD, but I don't want to have to do this going forward.

Unless this is caused by some new hardware failure, I believe DVD Fab is inserting the green frames, because I see them during playback of VOBs straight from DVD Fab, with no additional processing by any other software.

I am hoping there is a setting that was changed in a recent update, something I can easily fix with with your help!
    Attached Files

Originally posted by teh roxxors View Post

I recently noticed some Region 1 titles were being "interlaced" with green frames. This results in a green strobe effect during playback. A rip of the 1941 film The Maltese Falcon does it, for the first 20 seconds of the film. I am including a screenshot to better illustrate my issue.

This only happens with some titles, both color and monochromatic. It happens when a title is ripped at DVD9 and DVD5 sizes. This must have started with some update made in the past couple months.

Another title had interlaced green frames throughout; I removed them by re-encoding the VOBs with AVStoDVD, but I don't want to have to do this going forward.

Unless this is caused by some new hardware failure, I believe DVD Fab is inserting the green frames, because I see them during playback of VOBs straight from DVD Fab, with no additional processing by any other software.

I am hoping there is a setting that was changed in a recent update, something I can easily fix with with your help!
    start dvdfab, click common settings - av codec - check disable all gpu codecs and uncheck lighting shrink & lighting recording
    restart dvdfab and retry the disc again. see if you still get the green screen.

Comment

Well, now the screen flashes green throughout the entire film, rather than just the first 20 seconds. It does this in both Main Movie and Full Disc rips.

I restored the previous settings, and it also flashes green throughout the entire film.
      Last edited by teh roxxors; 12-24-2021, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Again, I can remove the green flashing by re-encoding these rips with AVStoDVD, but I should not have to do this. I've been using DVD Fab for many years, and it has never done this before. Certainly, something changed within the past few months.

Comment

Disable the GPU did not help?
          Please specify the movie name and provide the dvdfab_internal log file and the fabcheck_internal log file too.

Comment

No, I am afraid disabling the GPU did not help. I did update my NVidia video device drivers to 472.12 minutes ago; this afforded no improvement.

The movie is the 1941 Region 1 The Maltese Falcon, but note that other movies have done this, as well. The Region 1 release of the 2002 film The Quiet American had the same green frames.

I am attaching the two files requested. I have cut much from dvdfab_internal to get it under the size requirements for uploads.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by teh roxxors; 12-24-2021, 08:13 PM.

Comment

No, I am afraid disabling the GPU did not help. I did update my NVidia video device drivers to 472.12 minutes ago; this afforded no improvement.

The movie is the 1941 Region 1 The Maltese Falcon, but note that other movies have done this, as well. The Region 1 release of the 2002 film The Quiet American had the same green frames.

I am attaching the two files requested. I have cut much from dvdfab_internal to get it under the size requirements for uploads.
              Okay, I have passed the info to the developer, and the QA team will try to duplicate the issue.

Comment

i have the same problem and today there is not solution, the green screen apears when a angle change happen, i used handbrake and the problem don't occurs, only on dvdfav.

please verify if you movie have multiangles, on region 1 is usual.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeonecl View Post
                  i have the same problem and today there is not solution, the green screen apears when a angle change happen, i used handbrake and the problem don't occurs, only on dvdfav.

please verify if you movie have multiangles, on region 1 is usual.
                  I'm sorry, but if you are addressing me, I do not understand. Are you advising me to change a setting somewhere?

Comment

We could not duplicate the issue with our region 1 source. Please use Copy - Clone mode to create an ISO file to see the result.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

We could not duplicate the issue with our region 1 source. Please use Copy - Clone mode to create an ISO file to see the result.
                      I will let you know how that works.

Comment

The 1988 Region 1 copy of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels also yields those flashing green frames. I did not catch it in time to test Copy/Clone. I will be more attentive going forward.

Comment

Region 1 "The Big Sleep" from 1946 also yields the green frames, both Full Disc and Main Movie. Copy/Clone only replicates the flashing green frames on the new disc, at least for the first 30 seconds of the film.
                          Last edited by teh roxxors; 04-22-2022, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Dear readers,
                            I have the same problem.

Matrix 1 - 3 = Ripping to mp4 not working (green Frame).

I then reproduced the movies in M2TS and then the green frame disappeared.

With kind regards from Germany

JoJo the hunter

Sorry for my bad english....

Comment

Originally posted by jojoac007 View Post
                              Dear readers,
                              I have the same problem.

Matrix 1 - 3 = Ripping to mp4 not working (green Frame).

I then reproduced the movies in M2TS and then the green frame disappeared.

With kind regards from Germany

JoJo the hunter

Sorry for my bad english....
                              Your issue is with Ripper, not Copy, please start a new thread to report the issue with more info and log files.

Comment

Working...
                              X