Flashing green frames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teh roxxors View Post
    Region 1 "The Big Sleep" from 1946 also yields the green frames, both Full Disc and Main Movie. Copy/Clone only replicates the flashing green frames on the new disc, at least for the first 30 seconds of the film.
    A bit confused. If you use Copy/Clone mode to create an iso file of the movie, it also gives you green frames?

Comment

Yes, it does, for the first 30 seconds of the film. I tried Main Movie, then Full Disc, then Copy/Clone. Every method resulted in flashing green frames at the start of the film. The DVD menu was not effected in either Full Disc or Copy/Burn. The green frames are in the VOBs, and in any ISO made from them. If I burn these ISOs to a disc, they'll be on the disc. The DVD copy of "The Big Sleep" made using Copy/Burn has the green frames for the first 30 seconds of the film.

In some cases, those green frames are present throughout an entire film.

I've noticed this happening most often with older films from the 40s and 50s, but I've seen it on films from the 80's once or twice. I've been using the software for years. These green frames only became a thing in the last several months.

I can get rid of them by re-encoding my VOBs with AVStoDVD. It's just an extra step—hardly the end of the world for me. However, it would be awesome if this bug was tracked down, eventually. I know I'm not the only person this has happened to.

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by teh roxxors View Post
        Yes, it does, for the first 30 seconds of the film. I tried Main Movie, then Full Disc, then Copy/Clone. Every method resulted in flashing green frames at the start of the film. The DVD menu was not effected in either Full Disc or Copy/Burn. The green frames are in the VOBs, and in any ISO made from them. If I burn these ISOs to a disc, they'll be on the disc. The DVD copy of "The Big Sleep" made using Copy/Burn has the green frames for the first 30 seconds of the film.

In some cases, those green frames are present throughout an entire film.

I've noticed this happening most often with older films from the 40s and 50s, but I've seen it on films from the 80's once or twice. I've been using the software for years. These green frames only became a thing in the last several months.

I can get rid of them by re-encoding my VOBs with AVStoDVD. It's just an extra step—hardly the end of the world for me. However, it would be awesome if this bug was tracked down, eventually. I know I'm not the only person this has happened to.

Thank you!
        I have consulted the developer about the green frames issue, and he said that it could be an encryption issue. We will release a new version of Passkey soon, please kindly wait for the new version and then use Passkey to create an Image file or folder to playback again and see the result.

Comment

Hi, please try the latest version of Passkey and use it to copy the movie and see the result.
          Here is the download link: https://dvdfab.cn/mlink/download.php?g=PASSKEY

Comment

Working...
          X