LiveUpdate fails updating DVDFab 12 (x64) from 12.0.6.1 to 12.0.6.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LiveUpdate fails updating DVDFab 12 (x64) from 12.0.6.1 to 12.0.6.4

Running LiveUpdate to update DVDFab 12 (x64) from 12.0.6.1 to 12.0.6.4 and the install fails. I have never had any problems before this.
    Attached Files

Try downloading and installing the offline update (be sure to run as administrator). Even with that one, I had it fail the first time. When I ran it again, it updated ok.

Comment

Downloading from the website did install version 12.0.6.4 and will now need to see if 12.0.6.5 (when released) does get installed from live update.

Comment

Originally posted by oldManInFL View Post
        Running LiveUpdate to update DVDFab 12 (x64) from 12.0.6.1 to 12.0.6.4 and the install fails. I have never had any problems before this.
        The problem will be fixed in the coming version. Sorry for any trouble it has caused.

Comment

Liveupdate to 12.0.6.5 install fails. Attached are the log files
          Attached Files

Comment

I haven't been able to complete a live update for several revisions now. 12.0.6.6 also fails. Download and manual install works OK.

Comment

Originally posted by rdgrimes View Post
              I haven't been able to complete a live update for several revisions now. 12.0.6.6 also fails. Download and manual install works OK.
              Please zip the log files under this path and post it here, thank you.
              C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab12\Temp\updat e

Comment

Here are the log files log.zip

Comment

Originally posted by oldManInFL View Post
                  Here are the log files [ATTACH]n407657[/ATTACH]
                  Ok.

Comment

12.0.6.7 also fails
                    There is no log file in the folder indicated above.

Comment

My OTA / Live Updates are also failing. Started about four releases ago. The OTA packages downloads OK but the install fails.

I have downloaded the full off-line version, but Live Update still fails.

Log files attached. Looks like the MD5 problems. ("The file's MD5 is inconsistent!")
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Mackspower; 03-25-2022, 08:46 PM.

Comment

I found an instance of liveupdate.exe that was running and was re-started at every reboot, the update log files were also locked. Whether that was all due to the update crash or the cause of it remains to be seen. Anyway, stopped the process and deleted the log files, deleted the run at startup key as well. We'll see what happens next.

Comment

Originally posted by rdgrimes View Post
                          I found an instance of liveupdate.exe that was running and was re-started at every reboot, the update log files were also locked. Whether that was all due to the update crash or the cause of it remains to be seen. Anyway, stopped the process and deleted the log files, deleted the run at startup key as well. We'll see what happens next.
                          Can confirm this is NOT the cause of the OTA update fails. Is there a fix coming DVDFab team?

Comment

We do not have online update issues in our tests. Our developer still needs time to find out why you would get such an update failure.

For now, when you encounter such a problem, please download the version from https://www.dvdfab.cn/download.htm and install it to get the update manually.

Comment

Still failing here. Don't know if this is the log needed or not.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X