No announcement yet.

Pumping of brightness at the beginning or end of a scene during the film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab v12.0.7.3 (Win) Pumping of brightness at the beginning or end of a scene during the film

I have a problem with my DVDfab/MKV Passthrough Dolby Vision movies. It's only now that I've noticed that there is pumping of brightness at the beginning or end of a scene during the film. When I rip this movie to MP4 / Dolby Vision with DVDfab, this phenomenon is not noticeable. With MakeMKV, this problem is also not noticeable. Is it a hardware problem or is it a DVDfab problem? I'm grateful for any help. Thanks

Originally posted by LEXXE View Post
    I have a problem with my DVDfab/MKV Passthrough Dolby Vision movies. It's only now that I've noticed that there is pumping of brightness at the beginning or end of a scene during the film. When I rip this movie to MP4 / Dolby Vision with DVDfab, this phenomenon is not noticeable. With MakeMKV, this problem is also not noticeable. Is it a hardware problem or is it a DVDfab problem? I'm grateful for any help. Thanks
    see if post #1 will help - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/uhd-co...through-mp4-dv

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I read this post and am amazed by it. If I create a film with MKV passthrough including Dolby Vision, the Dolby Vision logo is displayed on my TV and the TV settings also switch to Dolby Vision. My player is a Zidoo UHD 3000.

Comment

I don't understand, the same film is used. With MakeMKV, DolbyVision works perfectly with single layer and that is also via passthrough. Only DVDfab MKV Passthrough has problems with brightness pumping.

Comment

The QA team will test it.
          Please give us a dvdfab_internal log file to better check it out. Thank you.

Comment

Hi Mona, thank you for wanting to help me. As mentioned before, the movie was ripped via passthrough, just like MakeMKV. But unfortunately there is a brief brightness pump in each new scene. 20220616-server.log dvdfab_internal.log fabcheck_internal.log burn_internal.log

Comment

I have a problem with my DVDfab/MKV Passthrough Dolby Vision movies. It's only now that I've noticed that there is pumping of brightness at the beginning or end of a scene during the film.
              The source is an ISO file LOTR_FELLOWSHIP_OF_THE_RING_P1, work profile
              MP4.4K.DolbyVision.H265.10Bit
              MKV.4K.DolbyVision.H265.10Bit

To confirm, it was the result created using profile MKV.4K.DolbyVision.H265.10Bit that gives you the issue of "Pumping of brightness at the beginning or end of a scene during the film", correct?

Comment

Yes that is correct. I chose this profile (MKV.4K.DolbyVision.H265.10Bit) because it works fastest to get a video file with Dolby Vision (One Layer).
                Maybe it's because of my Oled TV (Panasonic HZ2000) that outputs this file incorrectly?
                I don't have this problem with the profile (MP4.4K.DolbyVision.H265.10Bit).
                Last edited by LEXXE; 06-20-2022, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the confirmation. We will test with the source we have and see if we could duplicate the problem. I will update you as soon as possible.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                    X