Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Ripper Difference between MP4 Passthrough / MP4 DV

Hello,
    I´m testing DV compatibility related to my LG OLED TV.

If I choose MP4 DV, I can set:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	775
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	387615
    one stream BL+RPU (DV SL) & two streams BL/EL+RPU (DV DL)

my TV doesn´t like mp4 with two streams :-( --> no playback

I learned that many Blurays just have an empty EL, and I'm happy with the playback quality of DV SL. (Matrix, Hobbit, LotR).

..until I got a Bluray with DV DL: saving private Ryan. I made a mp4 SL but the playback is disturbed, it comes to brightness pumps ! I had to play in HDR10 with my Samsung Bluray Player.
    So I think the "FEL" is necassary for movies that have integrated it.

What is the difference to MP4 Passthrough:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	790
Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	387614

here I can choose DV copy or not ?

I ordered a UBK90 Player, I hope it can play DV DL from USB (regardless of whether mp4 or m2ts).

Best Regards
    Attached Files

From developer:

1. MP4 passthrough is only hdr10, no DV for TV
    2. MP4 Dolby Vision with "Copy Video" -> single stream / two-stream
    3. MP4 Dolby Vision without "Copy Video" -> single stream and video compressed. RPU same as above.

Try 2 for a chapter single or double, if play ok, compatible, otherwise may be bug or not compatible.

Comment

Thank you.
      here my research results:

a) my TV (LG OLED CX9LA) only plays mp4 DV Single Layer stream.
      for movies with an empty EL (MEL) it is 100% ok.
      for my friend James Ryan it is not (see #1).

b) my Bluray Player LG UBK90 plays mp4 DV Single & Dual Layer streams.
      now I can enjoy my fried Ryan on mp4 DV DL :-)

Question:
      Will there be an update for MKV DV Dual Layer support?
      even if there are no players for it yet, mkv is simply better than mp4, i think it will only be a matter of time before such devices are available (which can play mkv with DV DL streams and HD audio).

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by agneva View Post
        ... mkv is simply better than mp4...
        This of course is your personal opinion, please refrain from stating it as fact. Which is better depends on the equipment you use and trade offs you accept. MP4 is much closer to universally playable, and many not-so-smart TVs and devices can’t handle mkv at all.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

...in other words: there will be no mkv dv support, I understand, thank you.

Comment

That is not what I said. Read my post again.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I do not want to argue.
              mp4 is more compatible, you are right, but there is no support for HD-Audio and I am not aware of any graphical muxing tool, like mkvtoolnix (only mp4box command line, that is not user-friendly).
              I bought dvdfab because it supports many formats and not only mkv (like makemkv) and i´m very satisfied.
              Nevertheless a the question should be allowed: Will there be an update for mkv Dolby Vision dual layer support in future ?!?

Comment

Originally posted by agneva View Post
                I do not want to argue.
                mp4 is more compatible, you are right, but there is no support for HD-Audio and I am not aware of any graphical muxing tool, like mkvtoolnix (only mp4box command line, that is not user-friendly).
                I bought dvdfab because it supports many formats and not only mkv (like makemkv) and i´m very satisfied.
                Nevertheless a the question should be allowed: Will there be an update for mkv Dolby Vision dual layer support in future ?!?
                Hi,

We added a new profile "MP4.TrueHD.eARC" in Ripper and it can keep the TureHD audio track and HDR10 or Dolby Vision in MP4 file, but not all the Software player or device can play back the TrueHD audio of MP4 file.

For software player, you can use Potplayer or MPC-BE.

To play back the video on TV directly, the TV needs have the HDMI-eARC. For more info, please visit the website: HDMI ARC and HDMI eARC: everything you need to know | What Hi-Fi?

Wilson
                Please post your logs the default location is:
                For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
                  We added a new profile "MP4.TrueHD.eARC" in Ripper and it can keep the TureHD audio track and HDR10 or Dolby Vision in MP4 file, but not all the Software player or device can play back the TrueHD audio of MP4 file.
                  I was excited to see that new profile.
                  But when I used it the output video track was HDR10.

On the DVDFab encoding tab for the Dolby Vision TrueHD profile there is no Dolby Vision drop down like the one on the Dolby Vision TV profile tab.
                  Is that supposed to be like that or is there a problem with the profile?

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_24421.png Views:	5 Size:	189.4 KB ID:	388167

you can choose copy DV - but there is no DV in the output, just 2x HDR10:
                    Last edited by agneva; 12-29-2020, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by raven-au View Post

I was excited to see that new profile.
                      But when I used it the output video track was HDR10.

On the DVDFab encoding tab for the Dolby Vision TrueHD profile there is no Dolby Vision drop down like the one on the Dolby Vision TV profile tab.
                      Is that supposed to be like that or is there a problem with the profile?
                      Mmm ... I wonder if I had selected the TrueHD profile and not the 4K TrueHD profile ...

Comment

Working...
                      X