AV1 Arc A380

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speedydave419 View Post
    still no luck in Advanced Settings panel im not geting an av1 option there.
    It's under Video Converter.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-20221107-102742.png
Views:	379
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	417450

Comment

Is there any ETA on when GPUs will be able to be used for AV1 as handbrake nightly Is? Thanks

Comment

dont see this option in the new version of DVDFab.

Comment

Originally posted by Lexxa View Post
          dont see this option in the new version of DVDFab.
          It isn't available in the current versions. There's an earlier beta version that has it, though.

Originally posted by Mona View Post
          The download link on this page has been updated, please check https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...d-june-23-2022

Comment

Ya I've given up waiting around for gpu encode/decode AV1 in dvdfab. I've upgraded my secondary gpu to the intel arc a770. the acer bifrost version. it was on sale for $330 awhile back.

works phenomenally well in handbrake. 1080 content gets around 330fps in 10bit encodes. about 150fps in 4k encodes.

also if you want to take a look the program FastFlix does nvidia av1 encoding now, it's also a free program

Comment

handbrake nightly just added AV1 NVEnc. my rtx 4090 achieves roughly 305-310fps for 1080p 10bit av1. decent chunk faster then the intel a770.

welp. time to take the intel arc gpu out of the system. free up some power

Comment

Originally posted by hoxlund View Post
                Ya I've given up waiting around for gpu encode/decode AV1 in dvdfab. I've upgraded my secondary gpu to the intel arc a770. the acer bifrost version. it was on sale for $330 awhile back.

works phenomenally well in handbrake. 1080 content gets around 330fps in 10bit encodes. about 150fps in 4k encodes.

also if you want to take a look the program FastFlix does nvidia av1 encoding now, it's also a free program
                that’s seems to be a lot faster than my A380. I had wondered if the the other higher tier intel gpus would be better I think I get around 150fps at 1080p 10bit and I can’t really remember the 4k 10bit ones maybe 30 to 50fps. Though I can’t really moan about it as I use it as just the encoder for films anyway and not as the discrete gpu. Good to know that they are faster.

Comment

handbrake nightly just added AV1 NVEnc. my rtx 4090 achieves roughly 305-310fps for 1080p 10bit av1. decent chunk faster then the intel a770.

welp. time to take the intel arc gpu out of the system. free up some power
                  What do you get for 4k hdr with your rtx 4090?

Comment

I dont do 4k av1, haven't found a good program that can pass through or handle the HDR10 or Dolbyvision. Which I want to keep in the movie. So far I only do AV1 for all my 1080p stuff.

Comment

I dont do 4k av1, haven't found a good program that can pass through or handle the HDR10 or Dolbyvision. Which I want to keep in the movie. So far I only do AV1 for all my 1080p stuff.
                      Does Fastflix not support HDR10 I've not tried personally so I can't say

Comment

HDR10 and HDR10+, yes, but i don't think dolbyvision

here is the 4090 doing AV1 in fastflix 5.5.5 Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2023-06-08 012823.png Views:	1 Size:	292.7 KB ID:	426332
                        Last edited by hoxlund; 06-08-2023, 07:20 AM.

Comment

same exact master REMUX movie file, but AV1 encoding on my intel a770 16gb card

Click image for larger version

Name:	intel.png
Views:	190
Size:	337.6 KB
ID:	426334

Comment

final file output size:
                            Intel AV1 - 10.2 GB
                            Nvidia AV1 - 11.6 GB

Comment

Thanks for sharing. I didn't even know how fast the fps was for 4k in fastflix in AV1 as not yet tried it with the A380 but that's pretty neat. So cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X