Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using UHD to Blu-ray copier

Hi
    I've used DVDFab sucessfully for many years. Today, for the first time, I have tried to copy a 4K UltraHD to a Blu-ray format, but the writer will not recognise the disc. Is the answer as simple as my SONY Model BDX-S600U writer only recognises Blu-ray and not 4K UltraHD discs, or am I doing something wrong? If it's the wrong writer, can anyone suggest an external writer for use with a PC.
    Thanks for any assistance with this problem.

You need to have a BD drive that can handle 4K discs. It doesn't look like your Sony drive can handle 4K media.
    You also will need to make sure that whatever 4K-BD drive you get has a firmware version that will permit you to copy the contents to your hard disc.
    I am using a LG WH16NS60 drive in my tower computer, with the firmware having been changed to a version that permits me to rip 4K discs.
    Then you can use DVDFab's "4K to Blu-ray" option to create a blu-ray.
    More info from DVDFab here: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/uhd-co...usb-connection
    Last edited by Rich86; 11-11-2022, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Yep google UHD friendly drives. you'll travel down that rabbit hole.

I use 3 uhd friendly drives for ripping. LG BU40N (firmware 1.00), Asus BW-16D1HT (firmware 3.00), LG WH16NS40 (firmware 1.02). All those drives with that patched firmware is "UHD Friendly"

my 4th bluray drive Plextor PX-B310U is my last ditch drive that handles scuffed/scratched dvd/bluray discs the best but can't handle UHD discs.

Comment

Thank you both so much for your comments and advice.

Comment

Working...
        X