No GPU unless DVDFab is ran as admin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No GPU unless DVDFab is ran as admin

Has anyone else ran into this issue where DVDFab will not detect a GPU for encode/decode unless its ran as admin first? This only started after a full reinstall of Windows 11. All my drivers are up to date, all Windows updates installed, etc... but it just will not work with my GPU unless DVDFab is ran as admin. I don't want to have to keep running DVDFab as admin, it breaks drag-n-drop and mapped network drives due to different elevation access (UAC thing) between DVDFab and the rest of the machine. Screenshots below...

Without admin:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	306
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	421508

With admin:

Views:	192
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	421509​​

Current basic sys specs and versions:

MB: Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
    RAM: ​32GB
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 (driver version 528.24 released 01/24/2023)

DVDFab version 12.0.9.8

Originally posted by psyfer9983 View Post
    Has anyone else ran into this issue where DVDFab will not detect a GPU for encode/decode unless its ran as admin first? This only started after a full reinstall of Windows 11. All my drivers are up to date, all Windows updates installed, etc... but it just will not work with my GPU unless DVDFab is ran as admin. I don't want to have to keep running DVDFab as admin, it breaks drag-n-drop and mapped network drives due to different elevation access (UAC thing) between DVDFab and the rest of the machine. Screenshots below...

Without admin:

With admin:

DVDFab version 12.0.9.8
    try disabling the uac control setting.

Comment

Cannot do that and will not do that. Disabling UAC will cause other issues with some of my apps I use. Plus Windows will pop up notifications about it and will sometimes just turn it back on.

Comment

Cannot do that and will not do that. Disabling UAC will cause other issues with some of my apps I use. Plus Windows will pop up notifications about it and will sometimes just turn it back on.
        try what is posted in post 3 - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...-drag-and-drop
        Last edited by october262; 02-05-2023, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Without admin:

With admin:

DVDFab version 12.0.9.8
          I will check with the developer and if there is any update, I will let you know.

Comment

We could not duplicate the problem on our end. Admin is not needed for detecting the GPU info.

Comment

Just had this exact same issue happen to me. Absolute very latest windows 11 pro 22h2.

For me though, running as admin still doesn't give me GPU support.

And I have both a 4090 with latest drivers installed (153.126) and an Intel A380 GPU running very latest intel drivers (4146).

I wanted to try av1 encoding to see if it would do gpu av1 encoding on the intel a380 so I am running the dvdfab 12.0.7.6 beta

Comment

Working...
              X