No announcement yet.

subitle problem with direct render to video option in the newest dvdfab 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-ray subitle problem with direct render to video option in the newest dvdfab 13

if a movie has subitles below and top of the picture, with the option "direct render to video" option, only the below subtitles are displayed after ripping. the subtitle on top of the picture are not shown. it seem they are completly ignored when ripping. since when this problem exist, i dont know. i seen this problem days ago also on national treasure 2, but thought it was a disc problem, but now i checked it again, and there is defintaly a problem with it. and now the same problem exist also on the new movie "der admiral 2 - die schlacht der drachen (german title), thas why i testes naational treausre 2 again. when u remux the subitles to the mkv file, the below and top subiles are shown without a problem. i have ripped a lot of movies the last days for my father in croatia, and i think, there are a lot of them with the same problem.
    Last edited by gabberhead; 07-05-2024, 12:36 AM.

i had some older versions of dvdfab 13. all versions i tested. it where 4, the oldest one which i had was from january v13.0.1.0, had all the same problem! then i installed the older dvdfab 12 version 12.1.1.5, and with that version, it works like it should.no problem like with dvdfab 13! up and down subitles are rendert in the video and displayed correct.
    this must fixed as soon as possible. i ripped over 100 movies from beginning of the year for my father, and i recognized it today. i dont know hw much of the movies are bad rips because of that! that definatly a no go!

Comment

and also one opther thing i noticed. in some movies, the subtitles on the lowerside are with dvdfab 13 closer to the center of the screen. with dvdfab12 they are a lot lower of the screen. there is definetly something wrong with the subtitles and direct render to video.
      here are two picture with way too high subtiles. and this happends not only on this indiana jones movie. ghistbusters . frozen empire for example also. abyss also.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20240707_044555.jpg Views:	0 Size:	60.5 KB ID:	445984
      Attached Files

Comment

here are 2 pictures from abyss. same problem. dvdfab13 subtitles too high. dvdfab12 is Click image for larger version

Name:	20240707_171838.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	445995ok.
        Attached Files

Comment

To confirm, which profile did you use? Please provide the DVDFab13.log file too, thank you.

Comment

i am using default mkv profile, like in dvdfab12 also. here are 2 pictures from national treasure 2. on ones picture there are subtitles, but too high. they must be shown a lot of lower. with dvdfab 12, they are lower, like they are shown with vlc player and the original bd disc.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	pic#2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	89.7 KB ID:	446099on the other picture there are original burned in subitles in english (5 days after the end of the civil war), but there are no subtitles on the upper side in german. they are missing with dvdfab13. with dvd favb 12 there is no problem. they are sowhn like they should.

i will upload the log in few minutes from that movie. i am making a mkv file on my old laptop this time, and not on my desktop pc. and also with an external bd usb drive.
            Attached Files

Comment

and here is now the log from that rip
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X