Here we go again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here we go again!

Everything was good and as it should be but I continued to be nagged to upgrade to v3.0.2.2 - so I did. Since then I have tried to download Cleopatra (twice) and Mulan from Disney+ and both froze and stopped at about 1hr.30 and 1hr.50.

As an early lifetime subscriber to this app, I will continue to be offered any and all upgrades, including access to new broadcasters as and when you make them available. I currently only need to access Netflix and Disney+. So it would be good to be in a position to turn on/off updates within the app itself, or a least be able to 'skip' updates as I'm able to in my Copy and Ripper apps, rather than be 'nagged' every time I power up. I believe if it ain't broke, don't upgrade if it's not necessary.

Maybe so but at least they do not shove the updates down your throat like Win10.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Agreed.... But at least I CAN turn Win10 updates off. You give us the option to 'skip' an update in other DVDFab apps, so it would be nice to be given the same option in DRM Downloader.

Comment

Please tell me how to turn them off permanently in Win10. I feel sure the devs can look at it for Downloader.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Cws... You know you can uninstall the update and reinstall the previous version... I am very happy with the update and it's working completely fine for me...

Comment

Hi,

For the problem of Disney+, please wait the new version.

Wilson
            Please post your logs the default location is:
            For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
            For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
            If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
              Please tell me how to turn them off permanently in Win10. I feel sure the devs can look at it for Downloader.
              Hi signals.

One of the controversial features of Windows 10 is a new way that the operating system handles updates. Cumulative updates are installed automatically when Windows decides to do it. This can be extremely frustrating for Windows 10 users as they...

Follow OPTION 1. Mine is set to MANUAL and this allows me to choose if and when I download updates. You would need to change your setting to DISABLE in order to stop any automatic updates. You would also need to repeat the process should you need to change your options.

As a result of doing this - if I want to look for and install any updates - I would go to 'Start/PC Settings/Update & Security/Windows Update' checking for potential downloads and following the instructions. Hope this helps.

When upgrading our DVDFab apps - it might be a nice idea to be able to give us the options to 'skip' an update if we as individuals don't consider it necessary to our needs. An extra button on the download window maybe.

With regard to my initial enquiry - I'm able to download from Netflix without any problem. It is only Disney+ that continues to crash on me.

Hi evilnewbie.

It would be useful if necessary, to be able to uninstall a current version in order to reinstall an earlier one. But where do I find the earlier one? As soon as an update is available, the previous version seems to disappear!

Comment

Thanks, I will try that. The last time there was a similar way to deal with Win10 updates, Micro$..t blocked it in the registry.

The older versions are not publicly available. Each version comes with a factory uninstaller in the Program Files folder for the program. It is called “uninstall.exe”. If you want to be able to roll back a version, use the OFFLINE installer and save it to a folder.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                  ....The older versions are not publicly available. Each version comes with a factory uninstaller in the Program Files folder for the program. It is called “uninstall.exe”. If you want to be able to roll back a version, use the OFFLINE installer and save it to a folder.
                  that is what i've been doing. Knowing DRM Downloader is in its "early days"... I expected some bugs and hiccups along the way, and after seeing the META data issues with batch downloads (that cropped up and fixed) , I've been using the offline installer to do my updates so I could uninstall an older build it needed. I have MOST versions starting with 3.0.0.7. But I did miss one or two in there, (x.8, x.11, x.15, .for example... but have all the rest)

Comment

Can someone explain to this old man (Senior) what the offline installer is and where do I get one?

Comment

Sure. It is a single file that you download on a 1:1 connection between the Fab server and your pc. If you look in the release announcement for each version, you will find a link to it there. The Online installer is usually fine but occasionally produces errors and comes to your pc by multiple sources. It does download faster by a few seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by cws View Post
                        Can someone explain to this old man (Senior) what the offline installer is and where do I get one?
                        I look at it this way.... Online installer has the bare minimum to kick off the update process. So it brings down a "updater.exe" and minimal files to start it. As its running, it pulls only the new/changed files for the app or the rest of what it needs across the net. So the offline installer is smaller. The Online installer for DRM Downloader is 6.4meg.

The Offline installer is a single executable that you download which contains the updater, all possible pieces, everything you need to new/full install the app that can be used even when you were not connected to the net. The Offline installer is BIGGER, for DRM Downloader x64 v3.0.2.2 the offline installer is 182meg

The New version announcements do have a link to download the offline installer. OR you can visit... https://www.dvdfab.cn/download.htm?trackID=headmenu2 and there is a link (smaller print, less noticeable) for the offline installers for all the DVDFab apps. .

Comment

Thank you Signals and KidJoe. This old dog IS learning new tricks....

Comment

Working...
                          X