Amazon Renecoding Video Very Slow and uses max cpu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Renecoding Video Very Slow and uses max cpu

Amazon downloads fine but the rencoding video part takes forever and uses up all the pc cpu power
    Attached Files

Seconding that!

It's easily taking double the movie's run time for the "reencoding".
    (Meanwhile, the CPU is running at 99.9% so the computer is pretty much useless for doing any other tasks simultaneously.)

Example:

"Infinite" (Paramount+)
    Run time: 1hr 48min
    Download time:19min
    Reencoding time: 3hrs
    Total StreamFab download time: 3hrs 20min!

Attached Files

Comment

If you have another PC that has a better graphics card, please install StreamFab there to have a try.

Comment

This bug has only just recenlty come in hopefully it gets fixed in the next version as amazon is unusable at the moment and dont have another computer to test it on.So its definitly a bug that has been intrduced in the program

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
          If you have another PC that has a better graphics card, please install StreamFab there to have a try.
          Even on a reasonably decent graphics card (GTX 16650 Super), it's taking about 15 minutes to 're-encode' things.
          Meanwhile, other software (that CAN download , not stream, at 1080p) takes mere seconds post download

This is something that started when Netflixed was 'fixed' in 4.0.0.x and affects Netflix, Amazon, Hulu. Most notably Amazon, with 15+ minutes as mentioned earlier.

This needs to be given a higher priority to fixing, because I can only imagine the pain that people with slower GPUs are feeling

Comment

I have a 3900X and RTX 3080 and it is indeed slow as heck at doing reencoding.

Comment

Please zip the whole StreamFab log folder and post it here, thank you.

Comment

Here you go
                Attached Files

Comment

FYI, Mona:

When I De-Authorized StreamFab on one computer so I could try it on a different one with a better graphics card, it also De-Authorized my entire slate of DVDFab products on that computer. (De-Authorized from within the StreamFab pull down menu.)

Had to RE-Authorize them and reset some settings that had been returned to the default.
                  Not tragic, but kind of an unexpected pain in the ass!
                  (And hopefully something that's a simple fix for the coders.)

Comment

P.S. Did reencode much faster on a faster system, and with fewer video/audio glitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin View Post
                      Here you go
                      Mona had requested the entire Log folder contents be zipped and uploaded, not just that file. Please try it, if it errors on upload due to size, send me the info in a PM.

Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by Cap'n Piledriver View Post
                        FYI, Mona:

When I De-Authorized StreamFab on one computer so I could try it on a different one with a better graphics card, it also De-Authorized my entire slate of DVDFab products on that computer. (De-Authorized from within the StreamFab pull down menu.)

Had to RE-Authorize them and reset some settings that had been returned to the default.
                        Not tragic, but kind of an unexpected pain in the ass!
                        (And hopefully something that's a simple fix for the coders.)

I deauthorized StreamFab and checked the license status of DVDFab 12, the status did not change like yours.
                        Please post the StreamFab.log and the dvdfab_internal log file to us, we will check.

Comment

Working...
                        X