HBOMax - Batman vs Superman downloading at 4k not 1080p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HBOMax - Batman vs Superman downloading at 4k not 1080p

I have it set to 1080p and I do NOT have the HBOMax 4k option selected - somehow it is being forced to 4k

Originally posted by dnlnnhs View Post
    I have it set to 1080p and I do NOT have the HBOMax 4k option selected - somehow it is being forced to 4k
    try this tip in post #5 - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...es-from-hbomax

Comment

Has anyone been able to get Matrix Resurrections from HBO
      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
        Has anyone been able to get Matrix Resurrections from HBO
        No. and I tried 4K and 1080p. Its a DRM thing (competitor's app doesn't work either).

I'm waiting on the next version of StreamFab to try again. Mona said a new version was coming this week, so we'll see if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
          No. and I tried 4K and 1080p. Its a DRM thing (competitor's app doesn't work either).

I'm waiting on the next version of StreamFab to try again. Mona said a new version was coming this week, so we'll see if that helps.
          I tried all the something you did, I don't have the luxury of having another app to try. It fails every time.

Comment

Dunno what the scene are using, but it looks like they had more success with the new Matrix movie using their methods.

Comment

Originally posted by Per K View Post

Dunno what the scene are using, but it looks like they had more success with the new Matrix movie using their methods.
              Definitely not the same method. The scene can download 4k from the services including Disney+ and Amazon Prime.

Comment

Definitely not the same method. The scene can download 4k from the services including Disney+ and Amazon Prime.
                The Scene found a back door using a CMD proggy, that I am not privy to. I don't trust them, they put malware in their downloads, or so I have heard.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post

The Scene found a back door using a CMD proggy, that I am not privy to. I don't trust them, they put malware in their downloads, or so I have heard.
                  Thats ususally only something you can stumble uppon when it comes to full DVD or Blu-ray rips, because its more easy to hide it among all the data.
                  Its practically impossible adding it to an MKV container, even muxing tools will complain if you try because computer data files are not supported.
                  Last edited by Per K; 12-23-2021, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Per K View Post

Thats ususally only something you can stumble uppon when it comes to full DVD or Blu-ray rips, because its more easy to hide it among all the data.
                    Its practically impossible adding it to an MKV container, even muxing tools will complain if you try because computer data files are not supported.
                    I can add a fake .exe to any program or file container you want. So if you want to get really technical we can but I do not think this is the place.

Comment

We could download it in 1080p. Please provide the StreamFab.log file, the developer needs to check your log file first.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

We could download it in 1080p. Please provide the StreamFab.log file, the developer needs to check your log file first.
                        I tried it again and got 4k version again. Log file is attached
                        Attached Files

Comment

I tried it again and got 4k version again. Log file is attached
                          are you selecting 1080p under vip services setting or general settings ??

Comment

Can you try setting to H264?

Comment

Can you try setting to H264?
                              SOLVED (sort of) - Setting it to h264 worked - it is now downloading at 1080p - thanks KidJoe!

It would be a great feature to be able to select resolution/codec for each download as I add them to the queue. So, if a download is not available in the resolution/codec combination I prefer, I could choose which is more important to me. This would also come in handy because I don't want everything in the same resolution - most shows at 720, and movies at 1080. I change the settings to record at 1080, wait for the downloads to finish, then change back to 720 and queue up the next batch. Not a big deal, just could be more convenient.

Comment

Working...
                              X