Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Streamfab 5.0.2.6 - Amazon Download not in h265 (HEVC), only x264 (AVC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Streamfab 5.0.2.6 - Amazon Download not in h265 (HEVC), only x264 (AVC)

Hi there,
    in the settings the Amazon video codec is set to x265, but I checked some older downloads again, the size is nearly doubled of the files and the codec after download is AVC (x264).
    I tried to set it on x264 and back, but it doesn´t change.
    Kind regards
    André

Please completely remove StreamFab, delete the related folder and log files, and then download a fresh version at https://dvdfab.cn/mlink/download.php?g=StreamFab_x64 to try again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
      Please completely remove StreamFab, delete the related folder and log files, and then download a fresh version at https://dvdfab.cn/mlink/download.php?g=StreamFab_x64 to try again.
      This has got to be the poorest response by anyone I've ever seen. It's just sad to see this quality of "support" here from a "service team".. Uninstall and reinstall should always be the last option here.

As for the error reported:
      I've been able to duplicate this myself, when using CBR, instead of CVBR. Try switching to CVBR, see if that helps. It did in my case.

Comment

Thanks for your answer.
        I reinstalled everything, but nothing changed.
        Than I see, that the video bitrate mode (cbr vs. cvbr) also changed the audio quality.
        If I download with cbr, the audio is AAC stereo, with cvbr it is EAC3 with more channels.
        But does it make sense to change the audio, if I only changed the bitrate mode? If it is possible to change the audio, it must be done in an own dropdown menu.

And... In the streamfab settings und "vip services" for "amazon", the codec is set to x265, so if I change the bitrate mode, the codec changes. This makes no sense in my opinion.

Kind regards
        André

Comment

Sorry, not AAC in my post before, it is also EAC3, but with less channels.

Comment

For "Amazon Download not in h265 (HEVC) only x264 (AVC) " problem, please try to install v5027 see if you still get the same issue.
            If it still don't work, please send the StreamFab.log for us to check.

DVDFab log default location:
            For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
            For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
            For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Originally posted by knighter View Post
              For "Amazon Download not in h265 (HEVC) only x264 (AVC) " problem, please try to install v5027 see if you still get the same issue.
              If it still don't work, please send the StreamFab.log for us to check.
              If CBR is used (not CVBR) when downloading, even in 5027, h265 is not used
              If CVBR is used, it is used

Logs attached
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by twhiting9275 View Post

This has got to be the poorest response by anyone I've ever seen. It's just sad to see this quality of "support" here from a "service team".. Uninstall and reinstall should always be the last option here.

As for the error reported:
                I've been able to duplicate this myself, when using CBR, instead of CVBR. Try switching to CVBR, see if that helps. It did in my case.
                Yes even I tested it. You need to download VBR version in order to download proper HEVC video

Comment

Originally posted by ankabo View Post
                  Hi there,
                  in the settings the Amazon video codec is set to x265, but I checked some older downloads again, the size is nearly doubled of the files and the codec after download is AVC (x264).
                  I tried to set it on x264 and back, but it doesn´t change.
                  Kind regards
                  André
                  H265 / H264 is video codec, x265/ x264 is encode software.
                  Amazon Downloader downloads original video provided by Amazon, not reencoded.

Comment

Amazon Downloader downloads original video provided by Amazon, not reencoded.
                    That may be, but the fact is that Amazon video is downloaded incorrectly if CBR is used directly.
                    This is 100% reproduceable, as mentioned by others

Comment

That may be, but the fact is that Amazon video is downloaded incorrectly if CBR is used directly.
                      This is 100% reproduceable, as mentioned by others
                      Let's focus on your issue, not others.

The developer asks: CVBR is a better way, why not select the best? Why select CBR?

Comment

I don't have an issue. I was actually trying to be helpful, instead of dismissing the issue and telling someone to 'reinstall software'. That is what providing support is, not dismissing issues

The issue , as noted, by myself, and others (which still exists in the latest version) is NOT that the user needs to reinstall, but that the software developers (you) need to fix the program so that IF CBR is selected, h265 is used, IF that's requested by the user, NOT h264

Comment

The developer asks: CVBR is a better way, why not select the best? Why select CBR?
                          The developer is correct, VBR is the better way.
                          Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post

The developer is correct, VBR is the better way.
                            That's not the point, but thanks for playing

Comment

That's not the point, but thanks for playing
                              Why not select the best? It only makes sense.
                              Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Working...
                              X