StreamFab v5.0.4.8 Bug: Default Playback Subtitle Setting Doesn't Persist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab v5.0.4.8 Bug: Default Playback Subtitle Setting Doesn't Persist

Love the feature where you can set the Default Playback Audio and Subtitle Track but it's annoying to always have to set it at each download.

In the settings, you can set the default playback subtitle with the orange arrow but once you save and you go back in, the arrow is gone.

If i set it and don't go back in and try to download something, it will set the default subtitle as the last one selected, which is always Romanian for me as the selection is sorted alphabetically in the settings UI.

Speaking of sorting, can you PLEASE sort the audio and subs tracks that show in the download selection pop-up? Or at the very least, list the auto-ticked ones first.

Thanks!
    How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Hi, I will have the QA team check, meanwhile, which service did you refer to? Please submit a log file as well, thank you.

Comment

Sorry i never saw this. This happens on ALL services that have multiple subs but mainly i use Amazon Prime Video and Netflix.

This is a UI/Settings issue so there is no need for a log file for downloading.

Let me try to explain better:

When selecting a show to download, if there are multiple audio or subtitle tracks, StreamFab will set one of the tracks as the Default track. Usually it will be the last track selected.

When StreamFab pre-selects the tracks, it does it in Alphabetical order so because i select English, French, and Romanian, Romanian is ALWAYS the default subtitle track.

Luckily, we can select the default tracks in the Download selection pop-up by putting the little orange triangle next to the tracks we want to be set as the default.

That's great but sometimes, we can forget and also, to set a track as the default, you need to Click the drop-down, scroll to the track you want, unselect it, click to the left of it to make it default, then select it again. Lots of clicks when it should be a setting.

I noticed that it seems like it IS a setting if you look at the pre-selection settings but once you set the default track and click ok, it goes back to nothing set as default, which means it will once again put the last language as the default.

Setting the Default pre-selected Subtitle:

Click ok, go back to see and now the triangle is gone:

Go try to download something, last track selected is the Default:

Comment

Thanks for the detailed info, the developer will check.

Comment

Any news on this? It doesn't seem like it would be that hard to fix but it's still the same in version 6.0.0.

Also, can we PLEASE sort the subtitles languages in the dropdown after analysis? That i know for a FACT is ultra easy to do. I have sorted arrays a million times in JavaScript so how different could it be in whatever language this developed in...

Comment

This is still an issue in 6.1.0.1

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
              Also, can we PLEASE sort the subtitles languages in the dropdown after analysis? That i know for a FACT is ultra easy to do. I have sorted arrays a million times in JavaScript so how different could it be in whatever language this developed in...
              Finally this has been added to 6.1.0.1!!! Makes life much easier for people downloading multiple subtitles from Netflix!

Thank you!

Now if we could get a Netflix-specific setting for selecting the Original Audio by default, it would make the Netflix module almost perfect (Will be perfect once we can set the Default subtitle flag in the settings and are able to download as H265)

I am sure there are people who don't like dubbed movies or tv shows so selecting the Original Audio instead of blindly selecting English would be appreciated.
              Last edited by jpp72; 12-30-2022, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X