No announcement yet.

StreamFab 5.0.4.8 Tubi Incorrect Download Resolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting. So what the hell is actually going on?
    This looks like a limitation of StreamFab. It seems that the analysis is hit or miss. Mainly miss for me. I only get 720p downloads even though StreamFab says it's 1080p.

Comment

did find a reddit post that says that tubi is testing out 1080p videos
      but it seems they disappear.

Comment

Tubi is only 720p, its a fact. Maybe someday it will be 1080p but right now its 720p.
        Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

I love a good mystery... . I had an idea as to what was going on so i tested it...
          • My desktop resolution is 1920x1080
          • I don't sign-in to Tubi
          • If i try to download with StreamFab in windowed mode, i get 1280x720
          • If i try to download with StreamFab maximized, i get 1920x1080
          • This was done with Download Now and not Add to Queue and then starting the queue
          Click image for larger version  Name:	Tubi01.jpg Views:	1 Size:	8.7 KB ID:	413673

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_28710.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	413674
          Last edited by jpp72; 08-13-2022, 05:47 PM.
          How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
            I love a good mystery... . I had an idea as to what was going on so i tested it...
            • My desktop resolution is 1920x1080
            • I don't sign-in to Tubi
            • If i try to download with StreamFab in windowed mode, i get 1280x720
            • If i try to download with StreamFab maximized, i get 1920x1080
            • This was done with Download Now and not Add to Queue and then starting the queue
            Megaladon! Great White Godfather (via Tubi)

It's not consistently 1080 with fullscreen and/or download now/queued for StreamFab for me.

Did you try multiple tests?

Tried several tests and it's hit & miss for 1080/720 via StreamFab for this movie.

But I've gotten 1080 five times in RMC software for this movie - never just 720.

It's quirky that this movie is 1080 in Tubi (tried 8 other movies with RMC for Tubi, all of them are 720 or 576) and that it's 720 via StreamFab sometimes & sometimes 1080.

Mike

I can't upload screenshots due to message when trying to attach:

Upload failed due to your usergroup's upload quota.
            This file will require 62.7 KB but you only have 18.0 KB of 9.77 MB remaining
            Last edited by Mike_M; 08-13-2022, 06:07 PM.

Comment

it seems now i'm getting 1080p from tubi.
              now it's back down to 720p.

Comment

I'm wondering if Tubi uploaded different resolutions of Megaladon! Great White Godfather and we're hitting different servers with the different versions?

But doesn't explain why I keep getting 1080 every time via RMC on Tubi for this movie.
                Last edited by Mike_M; 08-13-2022, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post

Megaladon! Great White Godfather (via Tubi)

It's not consistently 1080 with fullscreen and/or download now/queued for StreamFab for me.

Did you try multiple tests?

Tried several tests and it's hit & miss for 1080/720 via StreamFab for this movie.
                  No i only tried twice, to confirm my suspicions.

In any case, for those of you that know the tool behind StreamFab's Youtube module, you can use it to consistently get 1080p if it's available.

This is one of the reasons i would like to see the Youtube, M3U8 DRM, and MPD DRM modules to be explicitly selectable.

Name:	Tubi03.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	413680
                  How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

This is what is so frustrating, I just tried to download again using StreamFab and it shows options to download both 1080 and 720p. But again I only got 720p when I actually downloaded it. I had StreamFab maximized but it didn't seem to matter.
                    I was able to download at 1080p using the Firefox addon Video DownloadHelper so the movie is there and actually exists in 1080p format.

Question is, why is StreamFab not correctly analyzing the streams?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

In any case, for those of you that know the tool behind StreamFab's Youtube module, you can use it to consistently get 1080p if it's available.

This is one of the reasons i would like to see the Youtube, M3U8 DRM, and MPD DRM modules to be explicitly selectable.

Name:	Tubi03.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	413680
                      That's might also probably explain why RMC gets 1080 for this Tubi Movie consistently for me...

Comment

Cats4U Are you in North America?
                        I'm in (gorgeously looking today) Northeast Pennsylvania, USA using Xfinity (Comcast) Internet.

Wow! I take some time to catch up on my sleep and then enjoy the beautiful weather we are having today and I miss all the goings on since my initial post. Looks like we've got a big amount of Tubi confusion going on! I just attempted the download again and got 720p this time. So, I guess it's time to turn it over to Mona.
                        Last edited by Cats4U; 08-13-2022, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

I'm in (gorgeously looking today) Northeast Pennsylvania, USA using Xfinity (Comcast) Internet.
                          Well that seems to prove that it's not a Tubi issue, they seem to be streaming 1080p but for some reason StreamFab isn't analyzing them correctly.

Comment

Tubi is now 480p, I cant watch it anymore Click image for larger version

Name:	Tubi.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	413721
                            Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

So, for me, to get the full potential out of Tubi I have to download the movie using Video DownloadHelper for Firefox, then re-download the movie using StreamFab just to grab the subtitles.
                              This is crap. StreamFab should work properly and download movies at 1080p, not just show that 1080p is available but only download at 720p.

Anyone from DVDFab listening to this?

Comment

Hi,

I will ask the dev to check it, thanks!

1080p should be downloaded if StreamFab can analyze to 1080p stream.

Wilson
                                Please post your logs the default location is:
                                For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                                For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                                Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                                If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X