Streamfab has become a waste of $$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

Honestly i don't understand why people use torrents when Newsgroups are better in every way.
    My setup is very similar to yours. I use Newsgroups with all of the *arrs, SABnzbd, Plex, etc. Everything is completely automated. I love it. StreamFab is my backup.

Comment

I was trying to be a bit ambiguous at first but with the misinformation, i had to go more detailed. Hopefully mods don't take offense to us pushing newsgroups and torrents but if they decide to close/delete this thread, i kinda get it lol
      How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

JPP72,
        I do apologize if it appeared that I insulted you. That just happened to be my first harsh reaction and I should have taken that out. I should have said something like that you don't seem to have a full understanding of torrenting. This seems to be especially true when it comes to private servers, ratios and invites.
        As for your Agent comments, I have to disagree about its slowness and such. For it's time, it was the top of the line and everyone wanted to use it. I'm actually thinking of going back to it as my email client as I'm growing more and more dissatisfied with the one I've been using for the last 5 years. I did note that I stopped using Usenet a long, long time ago and have no knowledge of it's current situation. Now that I'm refreshing my memory, I seem to recall that I abandoned Usenet shortly after Newsbin was shut down by the courts. It was the indexer I used at the time.
        Anyway, you beat me to it because I intended to write a similar ending to this message as you wrote...

Anyway, we could go back and forth arguing just like Apple vs Android fanboys and get nowhere. Stick to torrents and i'll stick to newsgroups and close this matter

Comment

Originally posted by jkadlec View Post

My setup is very similar to yours. I use Newsgroups with all of the *arrs, SABnzbd, Plex, etc. Everything is completely automated. I love it. StreamFab is my backup.
          Ya like i said before, once you see all the pros, it's hard to stay with torrents. I still use torrents once in a blue moon for obscure things but if i actually do find a torrent for it, it will sometimes take a whole month to download, if ever.

To me, these pros are undeniable:
          • Always full speed. No matter if the release is 1 minute old or 10 years old.
          • No ratio to maintain
          • Nobody knows what you are downloading. Even if they did, you are not sharing it with anyone so lots of places consider that a grey area or even fair use

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
            JPP72,
            I do apologize if it appeared that I insulted you.
            No hard feelings... As you can see, i went into defense mode and it was strictly because of the first phrase. I am a very technical 50 year old who basically lives and works with tech all day every day so if i speak about something, it's usually from experience.

Again, i got no beef with you. We simply agree to disagree

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

Your buddy is not paying more than $99 per year. If he's smart, he waits for Black Friday and they have deals like $3 per month if you pay for the year

He's not paying for the software. He's paying for a Newsgroup provider. You can use free ones but speeds are not good and shit gets deleted ultra fast because of low HDD space dedicated to Usenet. When you pay for a service, they have dedicated connections to internet backbones and crazy amounts of disk space so something posted 12 years ago is still available to you and at the full speed of your ISP provided connection.

https://www.tomsguide.com/best-picks...enet-providers
              I know he's not paying for the software. he's using Usenet Newsgroups, Usenet Service Provider and News Servers| Newshosting

Comment

Originally posted by AGuyWithAComputer View Post

I know he's not paying for the software. he's using Usenet Newsgroups, Usenet Service Provider and News Servers| Newshosting
                Ya that's my backup. Last year it was $3/month on Black Friday

Comment

Working...
                X