Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[StreamFab 6.0.0.5] Some bugs report

Hi, thx for accepting me to the forum!
    I bought the app with the black friday sales and enjoying it very much.

IMHO there are some bugs that need to be fixed. I'm on Windows 11 PRO.
    1. Screen timeout problem. Even disabling the "Disable screensaver/stanby" ecc option when downloading video the app prevent the display standby. Additionally when the queue stops for reaching the 50 elements quota for service the app continually prevent the standby too. If you need something to digup more please ask.
    2. Automatically start download at xx.xx . Seems that if I start the app and wait the hour setted the downloads starts. If I don't close the app and wait the next day the downloads doesn't starts. I need to close the app one time a day. I notice this because yesterday at 00.00 the downloads started. Today at 00.00 no. I had to start manually this morning. Again, if you need something to digup more please ask.
    3. Quota reset number problem. To see the quota reset I have to close the app and re-open.
    4. I have a show (Avengers assemble from disney+) with problems. Downloading al season exept S02 works well (eng e-ac3 italian aac). Downloading season 2 with the same settings result in only english audio aac). https://imgur.com/a/eHwQgPz Choosing to download both english and italian in aac stereo audio works.
    5. Additionally for the previous point season episode S02E01 on 28/11 the size downloaded was 688.3 (4223 bitrate). Yesterday the same re-downloaded for testing was 493.2 (2986 bitrate). Is this something on disney+ side?
    thx to hear me out

I can'tn edit my first post so I'll add here

6. When downloading from different providers there are discrepancies in the language tag appended to the files.
    For example the english subs for netflix are ".en" or ".en.forced"
    for prime video and disney plus are ".eng" or ".eng.forced"
    I think that need to be standardized..
    thx

Comment

Originally posted by Bazzu85 View Post
      I can'tn edit my first post so I'll add here

6. When downloading from different providers there are discrepancies in the language tag appended to the files.
      For example the english subs for netflix are ".en" or ".en.forced"
      for prime video and disney plus are ".eng" or ".eng.forced"
      I think that need to be standardized..
      thx
      This is normal and is site driven, I believe, by the streaming provider. If this bothers you and you want everything uniform you could create a script to find and replace all .eng to _eng as another example you'll see. This doesn't effect how the subtitles work with your player from my experience, I haven't used all players of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Stebono View Post

This is normal and is site driven, I believe, by the streaming provider. If this bothers you and you want everything uniform you could create a script to find and replace all .eng to _eng as another example you'll see. This doesn't effect how the subtitles work with your player from my experience, I haven't used all players of course.
        I never mentioned a compatibility problem, only a standard naming rules problem!
        The naming is IMHO decided by StreamFab.
        For all provider I tested (netflix, d+, prime video) the episode name are the same: Show_SxxExx_Episode Title
        For subtitles at the end there's the language code that need to be standardized.

Comment

As a new user, I think you are going to be sadly disappointed if you think they are going to do anything in a standardized manner. For the most part, StreamFab does things the StreamFab way. Get used to it.
          As for your other complaints, send Mona your StreamFab.logs for each and when appropriate give her a list of the specific video files involved. She will forward them to the Developer.

Comment

Originally posted by Bazzu85 View Post

I never mentioned a compatibility problem, only a standard naming rules problem!
            The naming is IMHO decided by StreamFab.
            For all provider I tested (netflix, d+, prime video) the episode name are the same: Show_SxxExx_Episode Title
            For subtitles at the end there's the language code that need to be standardized.
            Why would they purposely use different naming conventions from different providers, hence my common sense assumption they are using what is provided, makes more sense? I know common sense is dead.... LOL

Comment

Why would they purposely use different naming conventions from different providers, hence my common sense assumption they are using what is provided, makes more sense? I know common sense is dead.... LOL
              Guys, the destination file name is decided by the application.
              ​​​​​​Only the developer can tell me the opposite, but I'm a software developer too and this is clearly software driven!

Comment

Different modules have different developers. I too am a developer and i have 4 devs working under me and naming convention is always a problem when i do code reviews.

If you have used the competitor app, you can see that their naming convention is completely different. Yes different providers use different language codes as both 2 letter or 3 letter codes are valid.

Even looking at a file in mkvtoolnix, you can see that it recognizes both. When i remux from MP4 to MKV from the command-line, i use the 3 letter code but the 2 letter one will also work

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	268
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	419121
                How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Working...
                X