StreamFab v6.0.0.x: Major Bug in Amazon Prime Resolution/Bitrate Picker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab v6.0.0.x: Major Bug in Amazon Prime Resolution/Bitrate Picker

So i was finally able to pinpoint wtf is going on.

As reported here by me, here by oldManInFL​, here by Marty92​, here by Mike_M​, and here also by Mike_M​, you have to pick the entry directly below what you want for it to be selected.

Because H265 is way more efficient than H264, I like to download bitrates that are lower than the max available on Amazon. You get great quality at a very reduced file size. I do this for TV Shows only as they usually don't need high bitrates.

I started noticing that some shows had unusually high bitrates to pick from and the lower one i used to pick was no longer available.

Turns out, the lower bitrate one is still there but it is listed as the highest 720p one.

Here are examples of what i am talking about:

These are the resolutions and bitrates available for Chicago P.D. on an addon channel. In this case, CityTV+ in Canada:

Picking the highest one:

Downloads the highest one:

Picking the 2nd highest one:

Also downloads the highest one:

Picking the 3rd highest one, which happens to be 720p:

Downloads the 2nd highest one, which is 1080p:

I wasted so many download credits getting the wrong bitrate and i am really annoyed i have to redo so many shows...

I used to think only certain channels were affected (the ones that only gave 2 1080p Resolutions) but it seems all channels, including amazon's itself is affected.

No matter how many 1080p versions are listed, the highest 720p is actually the lowest 720p.

This is easily reproduceable and logs have been provided by others and still no fix. Hoping this consolidating post with clear explanations of what is happening will result in a fix coming sooner rather than later, even if there is a simple workaround.
    How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

I have forwarded your report along with the previous post https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...-what-you-pick to the developer.

Comment

The QA team staff told me that he could not duplicate, not sure what is different from yours, please provide a log file, thanks.

Comment

Maybe it's a bug only in H265? Was he testing with downloading in H265?

Log is attached. All Episodes of Blue Bloods downloaded on the 12th are downloading at the lowest 1080p bitrate but i had to select the highest 720p bitrate for it to do so.
        Attached Files

Comment

I can confirm that I have had the same problem with Amazon. I also want to be able to download the lowest 1080p resolution in HEVC but no matter which I choose (sometimes there are 3 different 1080p choices) I always get the highest-quality choice. I have not tried to choose the top 720p choice as the original poster did, but would be willing to try if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
            Maybe it's a bug only in H265? Was he testing with downloading in H265?

Log is attached. All Episodes of Blue Bloods downloaded on the 12th are downloading at the lowest 1080p bitrate but i had to select the highest 720p bitrate for it to do so.
            Thanks, I will pass the info to them to try again.

Comment

I can confirm that choosing the top 720p resolution does indeed actually download the lowest 1080p resolution with HEVC/x265 in 6.0.0.6. Thanks.

Comment

This is still an issue in 6.1.0.0

Comment

Working...
                X