No announcement yet.

StreamFab v6.1.0.4 (Win) Amazon US - 4 different movies, all fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now the glitch has occurred in everyone in the task list.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SF3.jpg
Views:	388
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	421012

I hope this topic will get the attention of the software developers. We need a solution.

Comment

My logs are in my member area history. They were all sent months ago to the support team.

Comment

Originally posted by Josephus View Post
        My case is the same as the user who made this post. This is ruining my experience with the Amazon Prime downloader.
        No, it isn't. You are in Brazil and the OP was using Amazon Prime US. Although it has not been established, from what I read in this thread, whether the OP is actually located in the US or is using a VPN from an outside location. In all likelihood the odds that you are using the same CDN is close to nil.
        If this were happening to me I would obtain the file's CDN server's address using a program like The Stream Detector and then run a Traceroute (Tracert) or just a simple Ping to see if you are experiencing any latency or other communication problem somewhere along the way.

Comment

Originally posted by oldschool View Post
          As the title says, 4 different Amazon movies which all play fine in my Firefox browser, but all fail to download after lengthy "analyzing". I took a look at the logs because I realized that for some of these movies analyzing showed an audio size of "0" when selecting CVBR. But regardless of picking CVBR or CBR, they always fail. Logs are attached. At this point StreamFab is not really working anymore for Amazon downloads.
          The log file has been passed to the QA team.

Comment

Now the glitch has occurred in everyone in the task list.

Click image for larger version  Name:	SF3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	27.4 KB ID:	421012

I hope this topic will get the attention of the software developers. We need a solution.

The log file for v6100 has been passed to the QA team. Meanwhile, just in case though, did you set the correct region for your Amazon in StreamFab?
            Click image for larger version  Name:	screenshot-20230119-152641.png Views:	0 Size:	21.4 KB ID:	421037

Also, like Cats4U​ said, your case is not the same as the OP.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

The log file for v6100 has been passed to the QA team. Meanwhile, just in case though, did you set the correct region for your Amazon in StreamFab?

Yes, it is always set to the correct region. Since always.

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Also, like Cats4U​ said, your case is not the same as the OP.

I agree. My case is more complex. After I created several logs, for days, they never delivered a solution. My history in the members area emphasizes this. I ask, please, do something to resolve this issue. From my side I did everything that could be done.

Comment

Mona I have created a new ticket in my member area where I have added a log with the latest version of StreamFab (v6.1.0.4) demonstrating the problems reported here.

Comment

Mona I have created a new ticket in my member area where I have added a log with the latest version of StreamFab (v6.1.0.4) demonstrating the problems reported here.

have you tried going to the member center and downloading an older version of streamfab
                  to see if your movies still fail ??

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

have you tried going to the member center and downloading an older version of streamfab
                    to see if your movies still fail ??

Yes, I have tested with older versions. Failures are inevitable. There is no escape.

Comment

A few more clarifications:
                      • I am located in the U.S.
                      • I do not use a VPN.
                      • I have switched all region settings for Amazon and Hulu from "Auto" to "U.S."
                      • I always install using the full offline installer.
                      • Whenever I have a problem, I clear all caches and start over, just to make sure.
                      At this point I picked several more movies randomly and all of them failed. I have no problem watching all of these movies on my computer (Firefox 107) or my Amazon firesticks. My network connection is good (250 MBit/s download, 10 MBits/s upload).

Comment

Originally posted by oldschool View Post
                        A few more clarifications:
                        • I am located in the U.S.
                        • I do not use a VPN.
                        • I have switched all region settings for Amazon and Hulu from "Auto" to "U.S."
                        • I always install using the full offline installer.
                        • Whenever I have a problem, I clear all caches and start over, just to make sure.
                        At this point I picked several more movies randomly and all of them failed. I have no problem watching all of these movies on my computer (Firefox 107) or my Amazon firesticks. My network connection is good (250 MBit/s download, 10 MBits/s upload).
                        A few thoughts -

I would hope that everyone would include the clarifications that you did. Very thorough. Not concerning this particular problem, I'd like to see the user also list whether they are getting the file directly from the streaming service or are using an Amazon channel such as with HBOMax, Paramount+, and etc.

I had no problem downloading the 4 movies from Amazon. I'm in Pennsylvania and I use Xfinity (Comcast).
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-01-19 8.12.00 PM.png
Views:	521
Size:	176.4 KB
ID:	421091
                        It's kind of weird that it doesn't show any time but, believe me, they are fully there.​​​​

I'm sorry to see that your posting was hijacked. That only results in confusion for both parties involved. Unfortunately I could easily name a list of chronic hijackers here.

I couldn't help but notice that you recently reported about problems on 3 different streaming services - Amazon, Paramount+ and Hulu. That is just not right. These are major providers. If there were actual problems with StreamFab you'd see dozens of posts about it here and not just one hijacker. Either you are having communication problems (like I believe the hijacker is) or more likely something has gone astray in your setup. If I were in your situation I would do a complete clean install. I personally do one with every new version install. Get a "professional" uninstaller, like Revo, IOBit, Ashampoo, etc. (this list might help - https://www.lifewire.com/free-uninst...ograms-2625188 ) and completely remove all traces of StreamFab including registry entries. Manually delete everything in your Log and Temp folders. Then install StreamFab fresh and configure your Settings. Hopefully this will clean up any problem you might have.

And finally, one last thought. Be conscious of the number of devices that are listed on each streaming service. Try to keep them to a minimum. Peacock, to be specific, is very pesky when you have too many devices on your account but that doesn't mean that the others aren't watching as well. Remember, each new version of StreamFab is considered a new device. It would be easy to go over your limit in little more than a month and that's not counting any regular browsers you might use, your smart TVs and any additional set top box.

Comment

I finally got it back to working, here's the diary of events:
                          • All my problems started when I updated to 6.1.0.3 - that very same day I noticed that I could not download from Paramount Plus anymore. I was back to getting the dreaded 3304 errors. That problem was fixed in 6.1.0.2.
                          • So I went ahead and uninstalled 6.1.0.3 and then installed 6.1.0.2 using the offline installer. The 3304 errors kept coming and I assumed - because 6.1.0.2 had worked the previous week that Paramount Plus might have changed something again.
                          • At that point - since Paramount Plus was not working using either 6.1.0.2 nor 6.1.0.3 I thought, well, might as well stay with the newest version then and I installed 6.1.0.3 again.
                          • I posted a report about the Paramount Plus problem and also a report about a problem downloading "Yellowstone" from Hulu. That is unrelated because it had never worked.
                          • I did not find more problems, but I really did not do a lot with 6.1.0.3.
                          • Then came 6.1.0.4 - I upgraded and had to realize that several downloads from Amazon (i.e. movies from "FreeVee" which have ads in them) did not work. I wrote another report (which started this thread).
                          • After seeing the posts in this thread I started downloads from all of my paid accounts (Amazon, Hulu, Netflix and Paramount Plus) and eventually I found out that nothing was working anymore (I had 3304 erros on Paramount Plus, "accessing video" errors on Amazon, crashes on Hulu and "network problems" on Netflix).
                          • Now it was clear that something was very wrong.
                          • I uninstalled 6.1.0.4 including "configuration".
                          • I wiped the whole StreamFab directory tree in my Documents.
                          • Rebooted Windows and reinstalled 6.1.0.4 using the offline installer.
                          • The "configuration" the deinstaller referred to still seemed to be on my computer. My StreamFab settings did not reset to defaults.
                          • And all of my problems were still there too. Nothing worked anymore!
                          • Well, wash, rinse and repeat! I uninstalled 6.1.0.4 again (including configuration).
                          • I wiped the whole StreamFab directory tree again in my Documents.
                          • Rebooted Windows BUT this time I installed 6.1.0.2 since that was the last version where I had Paramount Plus working.
                          • Again, the "configuration" the deinstaller referred to still seemed to be on my computer. My StreamFab settings did not reset to defaults.
                          • But my downloads are working again! Every problem with the exception of the "Yellowstone" downloads (which had never worked in any version before) is gone!
                          I am linking my other reports to this post. Hopefully the devs can figure out what went wrong with 6.1.0.3 and 6.1.0.4 (I have logs in my other threads). For now I'll stay on 6.1.0.2.

Thanks to everyone who tried out downloads for me.

Comment

• Rebooted Windows BUT this time I installed 6.1.0.2 since that was the last version where I had Paramount Plus working.
                            • Again, the "configuration" the deinstaller referred to still seemed to be on my computer. My StreamFab settings did not reset to defaults.
                            If you followed my directions you'd be running 6.1.0.4 now.

Comment

Working...
                            X