StreamFab v6.1.0.4 (Win) Failure to download "Yellowstone" from Hulu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab v6.1.0.4 (Win) Failure to download "Yellowstone" from Hulu

I could never download the new season 5 episodes of Yellowstone from Hulu although they are available on demand for customers like me who have a live tv subscription with Hulu. Logs are attached.

Downloading the episodes directly from paramountnetwork.com also does not work because Paramount seems to recognize StreamFab and blocks access to the website page where you register with your TV provider account in order to get access to the Yellowstone episodes.
    Attached Files

I will pass your post on to the QA team.

Comment

Meanwhile I am running version 6.1.1.3 but nothing has changed. I can play the Yellowstone episodes just fine but StreamFab fails to analyze - no downloads. Any updates on the problem? New logs using version 6.1.1.3 are attached.
      Attached Files

Comment

You can only get that from Peacock.
        Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Peacock only has Seasons 1-4

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	70.5 KB ID:	423557
          Last edited by jpp72; 03-24-2023, 11:03 PM.
          How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
            You can only get that from Peacock.
            Define "get" (watch, download, both?) because I can watch it on demand on Hulu just fine.

Comment

He is talking about Hulu, yes you can also get Yellowstone on Amazon, you can get everything on Amazon. He is talking about Hulu.
              Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Yes, I was talking about Hulu and also yes, season 5. Which I know I can buy for a whopping $1.99 per episode on Amazon (it is not included in Amazon Prime). Anyway, I figured it out!
                1. For starters, StreamFab cannot download a Hulu DVR recording. That attempt always fails.
                2. If you have an episode of anything on the DVR which is also available on demand, it seems that Hulu will always direct StreamFab to the DVR recording, even if you select the "on demand" version on the website. Which leads to the problem [1].
                3. I had the first 2 episodes of Yellowstone recorded and because most of the time Hulu's DVR is f*ed up, I was unable to delete them for the last 6 months. Which led to problem [2] on this list.
                4. Finally I decided to try Hulu's "Delete All DVR Recordings" function (not available on the Fire TV app) which cleared up the DVR. Everything's gone though.
                5. Now with no Yellowstone episodes on the DVR I was finally able to download season 5.
                For clarification: [2] in this list is not a published fact but I do have a strong suspicion about the behavior I described.

Comment

Originally posted by oldschool View Post
                  Yes, I was talking about Hulu and also yes, season 5. Which I know I can buy for a whopping $1.99 per episode on Amazon (it is not included in Amazon Prime). Anyway, I figured it out!
                  1. For starters, StreamFab cannot download a Hulu DVR recording. That attempt always fails.
                  2. If you have an episode of anything on the DVR which is also available on demand, it seems that Hulu will always direct StreamFab to the DVR recording, even if you select the "on demand" version on the website. Which leads to the problem [1].
                  3. I had the first 2 episodes of Yellowstone recorded and because most of the time Hulu's DVR is f*ed up, I was unable to delete them for the last 6 months. Which led to problem [2] on this list.
                  4. Finally I decided to try Hulu's "Delete All DVR Recordings" function (not available on the Fire TV app) which cleared up the DVR. Everything's gone though.
                  5. Now with no Yellowstone episodes on the DVR I was finally able to download season 5.
                  For clarification: [2] in this list is not a published fact but I do have a strong suspicion about the behavior I described.
                  My Reply was to the phrase You can only get that from Peacock.

Peacock doesn't have Season 5. Amazon does with the Paramount+ Channel. Amazon has a ton of shows where you can buy the episodes 1 by 1 but are all available with a channel subscription. It has happened to me with Love After Lockup where the uploaders for AllBlk are just lazy/unprofessional and don't upload episodes for weeks on end...

At first, i assumed they didn't carry that part of the show (Love During Lockup instead of After Lockup) so i bought the full season for $25. Couple of weeks later i see the episodes available with my $6 subscription so i contacted Amazon support and they refunded me the $25.

In any case, could you clear up a question for me that i posted here? I'd like to know if Live TV opens up the On Demand for Shows that are currently airing. Can you download the show True Lies?

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
                    Amazon does with the Paramount+ Channel. Amazon has a ton of shows where you can buy the episodes 1 by 1 but are all available with a channel subscription.
                    I think you might be mixing Paramount Network with Paramount+. Paramount+, either on its own, or through Amazon, doesn't have Yellowstone season 5 available to watch. (I subscribe to Paramount+ via Amazon channels, and I double checked). My understanding is Season 5 will be available on Paramount+ AFTER the entire season has aired.

Yes, you can buy the Season 5 episodes on Amazon.

While Hulu has Yellowstone, it appears locked behind having Hulu + Live TV. Since I don't have Hulu+LiveTV, I can't see exactly what seasons. I only have the standard Hulu/D+/ESPN+ bundle.

Paramountnetwork.com does have Season 5, episodes 1-8, available to watch, but it is locked behind signing in with your TV/Cable provider. While season's 1-4 in the drop down, its not the episodes, but rather behind the scenes for each episode. There isn't a Paramount NETWORK downloader, and I haven't tried using the URL with MPD or M3U8 downloaders.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
                      I think you might be mixing Paramount Network with Paramount+. Paramount+, either on its own, or through Amazon, doesn't have Yellowstone season 5 available to watch. (I subscribe to Paramount+ via Amazon channels, and I double checked). My understanding is Season 5 will be available on Paramount+ AFTER the entire season has aired.

Yes, you can buy the Season 5 episodes on Amazon.

While Hulu has Yellowstone, it appears locked behind having Hulu + Live TV. Since I don't have Hulu+LiveTV, I can't see exactly what seasons. I only have the standard Hulu/D+/ESPN+ bundle.

Paramountnetwork.com does have Season 5, episodes 1-8, available to watch, but it is locked behind signing in with your TV/Cable provider. While season's 1-4 in the drop down, its not the episodes, but rather behind the scenes for each episode. There isn't a Paramount NETWORK downloader, and I haven't tried using the URL with MPD or M3U8 downloaders.
                      I should have specified Amazon Prime Video in Canada. I thought this was one of the shows available on both. Like i mentioned in a couple of other posts, having Prime Video US and Prime Video Canada is amazing because some things are available on one that aren't on the other. I have often tried to get something from the US and it was free on the Canada one and vice versa. Same happens with channels like Paramount+ and Discovery+.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	193.9 KB ID:	423751
                      Last edited by jpp72; 03-29-2023, 05:39 PM.

Comment

I should have specified Amazon Prime Video in Canada.
                        Yeah, unfortunately its not the same

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
                          Yeah, unfortunately its not the same
                          I don't understand this thing with companies licensing their content... Everything is global so they should do away with the restrictions on who can watch what and when...

You have people willing to pay for stuff but if they are not tech savvy, they will end up just pirating it... is that better?? Look at all the hoops i go through with VPN, Virtual Credit Cards, VoIP Phone number just so i can pay for content i want... I could just as easily (actually is easier with Sonarr & Radarr) pirate all that shit and keep my hard earned cash.

Comment

I don't understand this thing with companies licensing their content... Everything is global so they should do away with the restrictions on who can watch what and when...
                            It could be due to legacy distribution agreements, or future agreements. Remember Studios make the content and license it (for fees) to broadcasters.

Take for example Disney buying Fox Studios. Fox Corp still owns FOX TV station/network (since Disney already owns ABC and can't own two). SO Disney and other Studios will still license content to Fox TV for broadcast, which is likely to spill over into agreements for streaming that content as well.

NOW, when it comes to ORIGINAL CONTENT made specifically for a streaming service only (say Star Trek Picard for Paramount+ or Mandalorian for Disney+) it should be pretty straight forward.

In the case of Yellowstone, its a combination of SEVERAL production studios (at least per IMDB https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4236770/companycredits/ and google searching finds several articles on other studios in partnership as well) So I'm sure all those studios want to make as much profit as they can, so they are going to shop it around for the best carriage fees and payback options they can get. Of course this impacts where the show/movie lives when it comes to streaming.

I'm sure the major studios like Disney, Paramount (owns CBS and that family of networks), NBC Universal (owns Peacock, and the networks of NBC), will want their studio's movies and TV shows to be exclusive to their own streaming services, but they are also going to want content too, so they will likely "trade" or make agreements to let their content play on other platforms so they can get content from other studios.

It sucks for us as consumers who just want to watch it and purchase it because its too confusing. ​

You have people willing to pay for stuff but if they are not tech savvy, they will end up just pirating it... is that better?? Look at all the hoops i go through with VPN, Virtual Credit Cards, VoIP Phone number just so i can pay for content i want... I could just as easily (actually is easier with Sonarr & Radarr) pirate all that shit and keep my hard earned cash.
                            ^^^^ This! exactly what I've seen people who pirate type on Reddit.

Comment

Working...
                            X