Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disney+ TV Series not downloading forced subtitles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disney+ TV Series not downloading forced subtitles.

Several TV series from Disney + I tried downloading but the forced subtitles are missing. I have the option "always download the forced subtitles" enabled. If I manually select a subtitle, it downloads the entire English CC subtitle, including the foreign language, but the forced subtitles don't appear. I'm on StreamFab v6.1.0.7.

Logs Attached.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by rytomi View Post
    Several TV series from Disney + I tried downloading but the forced subtitles are missing. I have the option "always download the forced subtitles" enabled. If I manually select a subtitle, it downloads the entire English CC subtitle, including the foreign language, but the forced subtitles don't appear. I'm on StreamFab v6.1.0.7.

Logs Attached.
    do you have in settings - VIP Services - under "subtitle format" Remux into file selected ??

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

do you have in settings - VIP Services - under "subtitle format" Remux into file selected ??
      Yes, this appears to be a StreamFab issue. Whether remux to external there's no forced subtitles from Disney+ it seems.

Comment

Logs Attached.
        The last one shown in the log file is Daredevil/S01/Daredevil_S01E02_Cut Man, we will test this one and see the result.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

The last one shown in the log file is Daredevil/S01/Daredevil_S01E02_Cut Man, we will test this one and see the result.
          Thank you, there should be forced subtitles starting just after the 2-minute mark on that episode.

Comment

I have not been able to get forced subs to work on any of the modules for some time. On Netflix at least I can select them, but I have to have the episode I need the subs to be paused first.

Comment

Any update yet?

Comment

Any update yet?
                We could not duplicate the problem. And the developer asked if you have picked the needed subtitles.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	15554ccc-c17e-4f97-97b6-73db31b3ac2e.png
Views:	398
Size:	171.4 KB
ID:	422789

Comment

We could not duplicate the problem. And the developer asked if you have picked the needed subtitles.

Name:	15554ccc-c17e-4f97-97b6-73db31b3ac2e.png
Views:	398
Size:	171.4 KB
ID:	422789
                  As you can see in your own screenshot of the list, there is no option to select English forced subtitles (en). If you watch the episode, you will see at approximately the 2-minute mark there should be forced subtitles in english. This issue exists in most episodes and many shows on Disney+, and is reproduceable 100% of the time.

Comment

As you can see in your own screenshot of the list, there is no option to select English forced subtitles (en). If you watch the episode, you will see at approximately the 2-minute mark there should be forced subtitles in english. This issue exists in most episodes and many shows on Disney+, and is reproduceable 100% of the time.
                    I have one suggestion for you to try. On your regular web browser, playback an episode that has English forced subs. Fast forward it about 5 minutes, then put it on pause. Wait about 30 seconds just to be sure, go to streamfab and try again. This is the workaround for Netflix, maybe it works for D+. I cannot remember the D+ interface, you might have to access the episode from the 'Continue Watching' screen.
                    Last edited by MrGrackle; 03-07-2023, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKrawk View Post

I have one suggestion for you to try. On your regular web browser, playback an episode that has English forced subs. Fast forward it about 5 minutes, then put it on pause. Wait about 30 seconds just to be sure, go to streamfab and try again. This is the workaround for Netflix, maybe it works for D+. I cannot remember the D+ interface, you might have to access the episode from the 'Continue Watching' screen.
                      I can try, but boy that'll be a lot of work for 39 episodes!!

Comment

I got it to work by copying the link for Episode 2 to the clipboard from Chrome. StreamFab asks if you want to download or cancel the link from the clipboard. You say yes and then you will be able to select English Forced.

If you select all Episodes, is SHOULD download all English Forced for the ones that have them. No need to do it 39 times (Not all 39 have Forced subs anyway)

Name:	image.png
Views:	330
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	422832

I said it before, i'll say it again. We need an "Analyze Now" button next to every episode and every season.
                        How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
                          I got it to work by copying the link for Episode 2 to the clipboard from Chrome. StreamFab asks if you want to download or cancel the link from the clipboard. You say yes and then you will be able to select English Forced.

If you select all Episodes, is SHOULD download all English Forced for the ones that have them. No need to do it 39 times (Not all 39 have Forced subs anyway)

Name:	image.png
Views:	330
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	422832

I said it before, i'll say it again. We need an "Analyze Now" button next to every episode and every season.
                          YES!!!! This works! Just proves the analyze isn't working correctly on the DVDFab side. Problem is, on other shows I want to download, I need to first find an episode with subs (if any) to start.

Comment

YES!!!! This works! Just proves the analyze isn't working correctly on the DVDFab side. Problem is, on other shows I want to download, I need to first find an episode with subs (if any) to start.

Yes. Analyze is either looking at episode 1 or whatever episode is paused.
                            So why does it look like it wants to analyze all 20 seasons of NCIS when I want a single episode? What exactly is it looking at?
                            On Netflix it becomes interesting because some shows have different bit rates available depending on what episode you want. If you analyze an episode with a low bitrate and download one with a higher bitrate, you might not get the maximum bitrate.
                            So yes, this method looks at bit rates and subtitles. However, if you analyze an episode that has forced English subs and download an episode that doesn't have them, it will simply not download those subs.
                            The option to 'Always download forced subtitles' does absolutely nothing, you still have to select them.

Comment

If the analysis worked correctly, you would be able to individually select episodes and see the various subs offered for those specific episodes. Not all episodes would offer Forced English, so when you hit that episode, it would not be on the list of available choices. But that is not how it works. I think it would involve a lot of code rewrite to do just that. So yes, the copy link option is probably the winner. But what if you catch series that do not have any forced subs? That's an extra step. The 'always download forced subs' option does nothing so it requires the end user to know if they should be looking for them.

Comment

Working...
                              X