Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New version 6.1.0.9 Hulu H265 - Not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New version 6.1.0.9 Hulu H265 - Not working?

Hello StreamFab,

There is no setting to set Hulu to H265 vs. H264 in 6.1.0.9

It also only downloaded 13 seconds now in AVC format with file size of 10,733kb using 6.1.0.9.

I deleted Localdata, temp files & installed from full offline version from DVDFab.cn.

I also logged off Hulu from StreamFab, Logged into Hulu from browser, logged off all devices, then logged into StreamFab, then Hulu.

At least 6.1.0.8 was working for me for AVC 1080p for Hulu.

Attachment: Hulu Pilot episode S1E01 of "Bones"

Will post other screenshots for above documentation as reply to this - since your forum will not post them with log files also.

Mike

US - CST, No VPN, Win10/64 Pro
    StreamFab 6.1.0.9 (going back to 6.1.0.8 due to Hulu not working)

Attached Files
    Last edited by Mike_M; 02-21-2023, 03:26 PM.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Hulu disgrace.jpg Views:	1 Size:	51.4 KB ID:	422086 Nothing plays when you download at H264 or H265, it downloads but you get a scrambled picture in H264 and no picture in H265, what a disgrace,
    Last edited by Chameleon; 02-21-2023, 03:37 PM.
    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Additional Screenshots:

H265 Codec usage only shows Amazon & HBO in menu settings
      Media Data now with 6.1.0.9 - Only 13 secs of AVC (No way to choose H265 in settings?)
      Media Data with 6.1.0.8 AVC - It worked
      Dir of File Sizes

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
        Click image for larger version Name:	Hulu disgrace.jpg Views:	1 Size:	51.4 KB ID:	422086 Nothing plays when you download at H264 or H265, it downloads but you get a scrambled picture in H264 and no picture in H265, what a disgrace,
        Hi Chameleon,

6.1.0.8 worked for for H264 for "Bones" series on Hulu 1080p 6ch DD+

What's weird is that I just uninstalled StreamFab completely from my system then installed only 6.1.0.9 then it showed the Hulu options for H265 in the menu below Netflix - but still didn't work.

I *think* the reason it may have not showed the H265 because I installed it on top previously (but it should work like that too) - but I don't know.

I just uninstalled 6.1.0.9 and reinstalled 6.1.0.8 and it's downloading H264 Bones Hulu 1080p 6 channel DD+ and the files play and are ok.

The competitor should be adding 6ch DD+ in near future for their H265 files for Hulu per their previous posts.

Mike

US - CST, No VPN, Win10/64 Pro & Win11/64 Pro
        StreamFab 6.1.0.8 Lifetime, DVDFab Lifetime, Competitor Lifetime
        Last edited by Mike_M; 02-21-2023, 04:23 PM.

Comment

When you set up Hulu for H265 it instead uses the V_QUICKTIME codec which among other things is not usually used in a H265 wrapper. Doing a brief Google search on V_QUICKTIME there appears to be a few players, VLC and Potplayer, that can not play V_QUICKTIME, at least in the past. I didn't read the full articles. Run MediaInfo on the files and you'll see no listing of HEVC and the listing of the codec V_QUICKTIME. Nice try, Developer, but no good, try again.

Mike_M, you'll get a lot more information from MediaInfo if you set it up to display in text.
          Last edited by Cats4U; 02-21-2023, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Look in MediaInfo at the downloaded file that doesn't play, it identifies the HEVC codec, it worked in 6.1.0.8 in AVC, but they seemed to have ruined that also in this 6.1.0.9 which nobody seemed to have tried before releasing it.
            Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

I have a log posted here: StreamFab.log

Anyone can view it...Feel free to use that site when posting logs if you want others to be able to see it. Images hosting will be coming soon too.

My guess is that they forgot to decrypt the files because if you notice, from the download finishing to the file being available, there is no Processing phase. Just Download and Remux. I was very happy because i thought they switched the way they download to be like the competitor where the file is decrypted before or during the download and no processing after the fact but it may have been an oversight and not a new download method...

But, when looking at MediaInfo, it shows there are actual errors in the file:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	269.2 KB ID:	422108
              Last edited by jpp72; 02-21-2023, 06:14 PM.
              How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Now that is strange. Why are you guys showing HEVC when I'm not? I also tried with H264 and I got the unplayable V_QUICKTIME for that as well.

Obviously the coding is all F'ed up now but why the differences in MediaInfo? I guess I'll download some more videos that I know won't play. The worst part of this whole thing is I don't even like using H265 and I was really enjoying the 1080p with HULU. Now, it's all a bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
                  Now that is strange. Why are you guys showing HEVC when I'm not? I also tried with H264 and I got the unplayable V_QUICKTIME for that as well.

Obviously the coding is all F'ed up now but why the differences in MediaInfo? I guess I'll download some more videos that I know won't play. The worst part of this whole thing is I don't even like using H265 and I was really enjoying the 1080p with HULU. Now, it's all a bust.
                  The V_QUICKTIME happened before with Channel 4 and it was when the MKVToolNix option was selected. I switched to FFmpeg muxing and never went back to MKVToolNix
                  Last edited by jpp72; 02-21-2023, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Just so you can see, this is my MediaInfo for Love Island (UK) S09E01 which is the same episode that JPP72 used.

General
                    Unique ID : 191558279953126106158574656856167575495 (0x901CC86205BF36C6C171F4E5D7946FC7)
                    Complete name : R:\AFAB_Out\Love Island (UK)\S09\Love Island (UK)_S09E01_Episode 1.mkv
                    Format : Matroska
                    Format version : Version 4
                    File size : 1.63 GiB
                    Duration : 1 h 4 min
                    Overall bit rate : 3 639 kb/s
                    Movie name : Episode 1
                    Encoded date : UTC 2023-02-21 18:51:15
                    Writing application : mkvmerge v68.0.0 ('The Curtain') 64-bit
                    Writing library : libebml v1.4.2 + libmatroska v1.6.4

Video
                    ID : 1
                    Format : V_QUICKTIME
                    Codec ID : V_QUICKTIME
                    Bit rate : 3 573 kb/s
                    Width : 1 920 pixels
                    Height : 1 080 pixels
                    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
                    Frame rate mode : Constant
                    Frame rate : 25.000 FPS
                    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.069
                    Stream size : 1.60 GiB (98%)
                    Default : Yes
                    Forced : No

Audio
                    ID : 2
                    Format : AAC LC SBR
                    Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity with Spectral Band Replication
                    Commercial name : HE-AAC
                    Format settings : Explicit
                    Codec ID : A_AAC-2
                    Bit rate : 64.0 kb/s
                    Channel(s) : 2 channels
                    Channel layout : L R
                    Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
                    Frame rate : 23.438 FPS (2048 SPF)
                    Compression mode : Lossy
                    Stream size : 29.4 MiB (2%)
                    Title : English
                    Language : English
                    Default : Yes
                    Forced : No
                    Errors : Missing ID_END

​I think I figured out the difference and I'm going to go back and check it. JPP72 used FFMpeg to make the MKV but I used MKVToolNix.

Comment

Ok, that was what it is. FFmpeg vs. MKVToolNix. According to this article, https://gitlab.com/mbunkus/mkvtoolnix/-/issues/2555 MKVToolNix basically uses V_Quicktime whenever it can't figure out what the codec is. I'm thinking FFmpeg does a better job at figuring it out. Thus, the differences.

Comment

Doing a brief Google search on V_QUICKTIME there appears to be a few players, VLC and Potplayer, that can not play V_QUICKTIME, at least in the past. I didn't read the full articles. Run MediaInfo on the files and you'll see no listing of HEVC and the listing of the codec V_QUICKTIME. Nice try, Developer, but no good, try again.
                        I have K-Lite Mega Pack installed, I have yet to come across a file that won't play on my PC. I used the Media Player Classic x64 that comes with it.

Comment

So, were you able to play Love Island (UK)_S09E01.mkv written by either MKVToolNix or FFmpeg?

Comment

So, were you able to play Love Island (UK)_S09E01.mkv written by either MKVToolNix or FFmpeg?
                            I also use K-Lite with MPC-HC but it won't play because:
                            1. There are errors in the files as you can see from my screenshot
                            2. Unless they now download and decrypt at the same time like the competitor, the files are encrypted
                            I could be wrong on Forum but definitely not Home

Doesn't play in MPC-HC, VLC or Kodi

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

I also use K-Lite with MPC-HC but it won't play because:
                              1. There are errors in the files as you can see from my screenshot
                              2. Unless they now download and decrypt at the same time like the competitor, the files are encrypted
                              I could be wrong on Forum but definitely not Home

Doesn't play in MPC-HC, VLC or Kodi
                              see here - https://github.com/rigaya/NVEnc/issues/75
                              regarding the SEI_rbsp_stop_one_bit Missing

Comment

Working...
                              X