Amazon Prime not analyzing seasons correctly with the video quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Prime not analyzing seasons correctly with the video quality

Hello everyone, I posted this issue before but after some more updates, it's still there. I'm trying to download Season 19 of Thomas & Friends from Amazon Prime UK, but as the earlier seasons (such as Season 5) are in 480p only, the entire T&F series gets analyzed from the first season's quality (so 480p). I do not have the option to select 1080p for the later seasons, please fix this.Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?id=416780&d=1666691001.jpg Views:	429 Size:	66.0 KB ID:	417305​​

I found a problem with the selection of available resolutions on Amazon Prime. If you want to download a series with multiple seasons, but the first seasons are only available in SD, the resolution for the other seasons cannot be changed individually to HD. Therefore, the SD resolution is then adopted for all seasons. It

Comment

Hi there. I want to share my experience. My downloads usually default to the highest resolution. For a couple of series, I've noticed that if I don't select a resolution on a title that has different resolutions, StreamFab has downloaded the highest resolution possible for that season. I can't remember which ones they were, but it happened on a cooking show from Discovery and a few on Amazon. The first parts of the seasons downloaded in 480 which was the highest available, then later seasons downloaded in 1080 when it was showing as available. I've wondered that myself at the time since the title on discovery was 30 seasons. I knew it would have lower quality for the older episodes. I just let it run and upon checking the files about 1/3 later, they downloaded in HD when that season's resolution was higher.

After doing a quick check, one of the series I remember resulting like this was 21 seasons of Restaurant Impossible from Discovery. The first 2 seasons were only available in 480 and the remaining were 1080. This is one of the series I started and let run from start to finish over a couple days. It resulted in downloading the highest available quality without any interaction. When I added the title, I let it queue up the entire 21 seasons, clicked start, and let it do its thing automatically. When I first queued it all up, my screen looked similar and showed that only 480 was available, but it did download the highest quality for each season.
      Last edited by corey75; 03-14-2023, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by corey75 View Post
        Hi there. I want to share my experience. My downloads usually default to the highest resolution. For a couple of series, I've noticed that if I don't select a resolution on a title that has different resolutions, StreamFab has downloaded the highest resolution possible for that season. I can't remember which ones they were, but it happened on a cooking show from Discovery and a few on Amazon. The first parts of the seasons downloaded in 480 which was the highest available, then later seasons downloaded in 1080 when it was showing as available. I've wondered that myself at the time since the title on discovery was 30 seasons. I knew it would have lower quality for the older episodes. I just let it run and upon checking the files about 1/3 later, they downloaded in HD when that season's resolution was higher.

After doing a quick check, one of the series I remember resulting like this was 21 seasons of Restaurant Impossible from Discovery. The first 2 seasons were only available in 480 and the remaining were 1080. This is one of the series I started and let run from start to finish over a couple days. It resulted in downloading the highest available quality without any interaction. When I added the title, I let it queue up the entire 21 seasons, clicked start, and let it do its thing automatically. When I first queued it all up, my screen looked similar and showed that only 480 was available, but it did download the highest quality for each season.
        So I tried this and it did not work for me. It downloads Series 5 in the highest resolution of 576p, then it also does that for Series 19 (which IS available in 1080p).

Comment

Unfortunately, this problem has not been fixed even with the new version 6.1.1.3.

Mona Wilson.Wang Is this problem known and will it be fixed ?​

Comment

Ya it's an inconvenience but there is a way to get the best resolution for all seasons by selecting a season with 1080p to be analyzed and selecting 1080p for all seasons.

It will download all seasons at the best resolution possible, up to 1080p
            How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Originally posted by Marty92 View Post
              Unfortunately, this problem has not been fixed even with the new version 6.1.1.3.

Mona Wilson.Wang Is this problem known and will it be fixed ?​
              They did say they are working on rewriting the way it analyzes and what it downloads but hopefully it's not just for Audio
              How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Working...
              X