Is there a way to export the list of downloaded shows/movies in StreamFab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to export the list of downloaded shows/movies in StreamFab

I've been using StreamFab for quite a while and have downloaded a large number of shows/movies which I am able to see in the Downloaded section of my library sorted by download service. Occasionally, I'll end up downloading a show a second time because I have forgotten I've already done so. Is there an easy way to export the list of shows downloaded by service so I can set-up my own tracking tool? I've looked in the log files folder and I didn't see a file that would work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Originally posted by SGrossart View Post
    I've been using StreamFab for quite a while and have downloaded a large number of shows/movies which I am able to see in the Downloaded section of my library sorted by download service. Occasionally, I'll end up downloading a show a second time because I have forgotten I've already done so. Is there an easy way to export the list of shows downloaded by service so I can set-up my own tracking tool? I've looked in the log files folder and I didn't see a file that would work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    go to where you have streamfab installed - output - there you should find all the shows & movies you've downloaded

Comment

go to where you have streamfab installed - output - there you should find all the shows & movies you've downloaded
      Thank you October262, I am familiar with where the output files are stored. What I am looking for is a way to compile a list of the shows/movies I've downloaded. I know I can take the names of each of the files and cut and paste them into a spreadsheet or a word document but I was hoping there is a way to take the list of shows listed in the Downloaded section of my library within SteamFab and export that list into Excel.

Comment

Thank you October262, I am familiar with where the output files are stored. What I am looking for is a way to compile a list of the shows/movies I've downloaded. I know I can take the names of each of the files and cut and paste them into a spreadsheet or a word document but I was hoping there is a way to take the list of shows listed in the Downloaded section of my library within SteamFab and export that list into Excel.
        Like Barney from HIMYM would say, Challenge accepted!

Went poking around and found where the information for the downloaded stuff is...

If you know how to manipulate JSON info, the list of all the things you have downloaded is here when using Windows:

Code:
        C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab\taskdata\metaData
        Like i said, these are in JSON format. There are many ways to manipulate JSON and convert it to Excel but if that is too complicated, you can use something to search inside the file to get the Movie/TV Shows/Episode names.

If you search for strTitle, you will get the Movies and Episodes but not TV Shows themselves.

If you search for strCollection, you will get the TV Shows & Movies but not Episodes.

For some reason, some movies do not have the strCollection set so you need to use strTitle for those. So basically you need to use strTitle to get your list of Movies and strCollection for list of TV Shows. If a file has more than 1 strTitle then it means it's a TV Show and need to check strCollection.

Lol it sound convoluted but not that much really.

When i search through one of my installs with Notepad++, here's an example of how it looks when i 1st search for strCollection and then strTitle:

Then i took the results, manipulated them with sorts, search and replaces, and deleting duplicate lines to go from 600,000+ lines down to 860 lines that give me a list of all Movies and TV Shows.

Of course, stuff downloaded with DRM MPD, DRM M3U8 and Youtube have individual names so they could be episodes or movies.

All in all, took 5 minutes to make this text file that can easily be imported into Excel:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	528
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	426631

How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Does it have to be through SF?

If not, you can use Karen's Directory Printer or something similar to save a file(s) of all your shows.

Unless you don't keep all of your downloads, then it won't help you with your previously deleted downloads.

Comment

You didn't mention what Media library you are using but Trakt (https://trakt.tv/apps) probably has you covered for most of them. I've never used it myself but I've read good things about it. I actually use their website to track down where streaming show can be found. They used to use the JustWatch API but they no longer seem to credit them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.X View Post
              Does it have to be through SF?

If not, you can use Karen's Directory Printer or something similar to save a file(s) of all your shows.

Unless you don't keep all of your downloads, then it won't help you with your previously deleted downloads.
              I was going to suggest using a cataloging program to him but kinda thought it was a no brainer to just go to where your media is to see if you already downloaded it. I figured he may have had a reason that wouldn't work for him.

I used to swear by WhereIsIt? but it's been abandoned for custom development instead so i switched to WinCatalog.

They are both great and infinitely more powerful than KDP. It has actually saved me from my lazyness. I had warnings a hard drive was about to fail but i kept putting off replacing it and when it finally died, i used WinCatalog to see what was on that drive and redownloaded them. With 3.0 gbps internet speed, i had everything back fairly quickly via Newsgroups.

But to achieve what OP wants, i use Sonarr & tinyMediaManager. I have an immense library so i kinda have no choice (~8700 Movies, ~1950 TV Shows, ~90000 Episodes)

In Sonarr, i can go to a show and see if i have downloaded it because i set the "Release Group" metadata to StreamFab and the name of the download module. So i can go to a show where it will say Season 1 was StreamFab APV and Season 2 was StreamFab PCOCK.

In tinyMediaManager, i filter on H265 codec and WEB-DL media so it will show me all movies that are H265 WEB-DL. If i have it in H265, i don't download it but if it's not H265, i will download it.
              How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

I was going to suggest using a cataloging program to him but kinda thought it was a no brainer to just go to where your media is to see if you already downloaded it. I figured he may have had a reason that wouldn't work for him.

I used to swear by WhereIsIt? but it's been abandoned for custom development instead so i switched to WinCatalog.

They are both great and infinitely more powerful than KDP. It has actually saved me from my lazyness. I had warnings a hard drive was about to fail but i kept putting off replacing it and when it finally died, i used WinCatalog to see what was on that drive and redownloaded them. With 3.0 gbps internet speed, i had everything back fairly quickly via Newsgroups.
                I usually remember what I downloaded but sometimes have to see what format I already have a show in. In that case, I just go to the drive it's stored on and look. Seems like the quickest way if you have access to your media.

I mentioned KDP because its been around forever, simple to use and would do what he wants. No need to get into anything more advanced.

Comment

Resurrecting a thread here but... Since I use Plex, i use WebTools-NG to export a list of my meda. I had to tweak it a little to get the details (like audio track info, etc) that I want in a report, but it works.

The only thing I can't/don't track is where I downloaded from, but I started naming my files with "Edition" marks to include where it was downloaded from or what type of disc (bluray or 4K) it was ripped from.

But also, since I have a Plex Pass, I can open plex on my phone while on the go to check if I own something if I see a disc in store, so I don't buy it.
                  Last edited by KidJoe; 06-30-2023, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X