Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Mona and developers! New version fixed the problem (it's just a bit slow)

It might have been nice if you had listed what your problem was so they didn't have to go back and look up all the other message threads. I couldn't help but notice that you tend to start a new thread for almost every message you post rather than continue to reuse the original thread for which you posted your problem. I don't want to come across as a ball buster but this makes it very difficult for other users to follow the conversation and to perhaps learn something from it. The forum, besides a place to post problems, should be used as a learning tool.

Comment

Since this thread has such a generic title, I feel that I might as well use it to make a generic comment. Without even installing 6.1.3.2, just by comparing the StreamFab changelog to the newest stable yt-dlp (2023.07.06) release's changelog, it is obvious that YoutubeToMP3Process.exe has been updated as well with all the benefits to be had. Hopefully it also means that Python has been updated to greater than 3.7. It has to be, 2023.07.06 can't run without it. After a real great while I am finally excited about installing a StreamFab update again. I hope it pans out to be as good as it potentially could be. If I am correct, thank you very much to the Developers and the staff for finally listening to us and starting to make long overdue needed changes. Well, on to the install... fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
        Hopefully it also means that Python has been updated to greater than 3.7. It has to be, 2023.07.06 can't run without it.
        Nope.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	471
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	428173

just by comparing the StreamFab changelog to the newest stable yt-dlp (2023.07.06) release's changelog, it is obvious that YoutubeToMP3Process.exe has been updated as well with all the benefits to be had.
        Yep.​

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	471
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	428174

Not sure if you know this but yt-dlp can be run from source, or compiled as an executable​ and run as a standalone without needing python.

So they compiled it with Python 3.8.10 and that is how it runs.

Python 3.7 is still being used for the DRM operations.
        How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

I deleted the directory PYthon37 under StreamFab so I'm not even using the python37.dll that you are showing in your first screenshot. You can find a python38.dll in the YouTubeDL directory under StreamFab. That's the one I've been waiting for. Your second screenshot is probably using that .dll since it is in the same folder as YoutubeToMP3Process. If StreamFab needs Python for anything else I'm not sure that it can find that .dll but it sure as hell can find my Python 3.11 in my Path. I just did a bunch of downloads with all traces of Python 3.7 deleted from my computer (I have it hidden away on my NAS in case I need it) so if it is needed for the DRM operations then it must be using my 3.11.
          Thanks for point out that second screenshot. I didn't realize that it notes the version of Python used.

Comment

I deleted the directory PYthon37 under StreamFab so I'm not even using the python37.dll that you are showing in your first screenshot. You can find a python38.dll in the YouTubeDL directory under StreamFab. That's the one I've been waiting for. Your second screenshot is probably using that .dll since it is in the same folder as YoutubeToMP3Process. If StreamFab needs Python for anything else I'm not sure that it can find that .dll but it sure as hell can find my Python 3.11 in my Path. I just did a bunch of downloads with all traces of Python 3.7 deleted from my computer (I have it hidden away on my NAS in case I need it) so if it is needed for the DRM operations then it must be using my 3.11.
            Thanks for point out that second screenshot. I didn't realize that it notes the version of Python used.
            Interesting...

I wonder if you remove your Python 3.11 from your path if it'll still work... Or if you don't have Python at all...
            How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

Interesting...

I wonder if you remove your Python 3.11 from your path if it'll still work... Or if you don't have Python at all...
              I'm going to test out a few more downloads the way it is now and then I'll do your experiment either later tonight or tomorrow.

Comment

It might have been nice if you had listed what your problem was so they didn't have to go back and look up all the other message threads. I couldn't help but notice that you tend to start a new thread for almost every message you post rather than continue to reuse the original thread for which you posted your problem. I don't want to come across as a ball buster but this makes it very difficult for other users to follow the conversation and to perhaps learn something from it. The forum, besides a place to post problems, should be used as a learning tool.
                Didn't realize that you took over as the Forum Police when Signals disappeared. Not everybody spends all day in front of their computer. I only use the YT Downloader module.

Comment

Originally posted by jrogers1965 View Post

Didn't realize that you took over as the Forum Police when Signals disappeared. Not everybody spends all day in front of their computer. I only use the YT Downloader module.
                  Sorry, don't know who Signals is. He was before my time.
                  So, because you don't have time on your hands you feel it is ok to just make everyone else have to figure out what you are talking about? Prime example: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...ost#post427978 The title of which is Log file for previous post and you wrote...
                  ​​​​​​
                  Here's the Log file for previous post7-15-23.txt
                  So, you leave Mona having to try to figure out what problem this log file goes with. You want her to spend all day in front of her computer tracking down your messages? Do you think she just hands over the logfile to the developers and they just magically know why they received it? No, she has to tell them what the problem is and what you said about the problem so they know what they are trying to fix. So she has to go searching for the message that you should have attached the log to in the first place. Do you know how many messages get posted here every day and by how many people? That is just being disrespectful to her.
                  And then you followup with your equally vague separate message -
                  Thanks Mona and developers! New version fixed the problem (it's just a bit slow)
                  What problem? She's got to go looking again just to get a compliment from you and close the problem out?
                  Come on, man, use your head. This stuff is basic netiquette. It's as old as Usenet/newsgroups/BBSes and the Internet itself.

Comment

Posted by Cats4U
                    Sorry, don't know who Signals is. He was before my time.
                    Signals was an Admin here for many years. He was extremely intelligent and a really nice guy who knew his stuff. You didn't need Moderators here back then because he worked hand-in-hand with the developers. It was a different time. Fengtao was still here also, they were friends for many years on the CDFreaks website. All these programs were on the same forum back then, In 2003 Fab started and so did the competitor. Eventually, they all moved to their own websites. Signals stayed with Fengtao. He was invaluable. I miss him.
                    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

I have been having problems with Season 3 of Warrior on Max. The subtitle MOV_TEXT is missing. I have kept hoping each new update would fix this issue, but it has not, and before everyone jumps on me that other subtitles are available, I am aware of that. But I prefer the MOV_TEXT and it worked on the other seasons of warrior and on other sites. I am not sure if this changed when it went from HBO Max to just Max or not.
                      Also, S3E1 failed on me, I have included my log files. I also did a complete uninstall, reboot and clean install of version 6.1.3.2

Attached Files

Comment

“New version fixed the problem”
                        “Not everybody spends all day in front of their computer.”

I have to agree with Cats4U. It's only courtesy to let Mona, the developers - and everyone else - know what problem was fixed by 6132. Sharing information with each other is one of the main purposes of this forum. And writing “fixed the problem of…” would take what, an extra 15 seconds?

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post

Signals was an Admin here for many years. He was extremely intelligent and a really nice guy who knew his stuff. You didn't need Moderators here back then because he worked hand-in-hand with the developers. It was a different time. Fengtao was still here also, they were friends for many years on the CDFreaks website. All these programs were on the same forum back then, In 2003 Fab started and so did the competitor. Eventually, they all moved to their own websites. Signals stayed with Fengtao. He was invaluable. I miss him.
                          Wow, thanks Chameleon for the history lesson. Maybe you and some of the other old-timers could get together and make an extended version of that. I personally think every company website needs a page telling its history. It makes the company appear to be made of real people, then and now. It might even counteract those fake employee testimonials in the ads that drive Mike M. up a wall.
                          Signals, obviously, is not a real name but what about Fengtao? Is it an actual Chinese name or is it just a Chinese word or phrase? If the latter, what does it mean? It must be important to name a software company after it.

Comment

Of course, Signals was not his real name, is Cats4U your real name? These are screen names. Even if I did know their identities, which I do not, I wouldn't say it in an open forum. I think that would be frowned upon. Fengtao was a screen name for the boss or former boss, I really do not know. This software still bears his name.
                            Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

I really wasn't looking for either one of their real names. Like I said, Signals was obviously not anyone's real name. I was more interested in the name Fengtao. I didn't know whether Fengtao was a Chinese first name or surname or if it was just a Chinese word used as a screen name. If it was a word, what did it mean? Just being curious. I guess I'll load up my Google Translate after I finish typing this.
                              And you're right, Cats4U is not my real name. It is Tom (honestly). You can remember it by thinking of a Tomcat.

Comment

Working...
                              X