This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solved] Pluto TV audio sync off

Using current version 6.1.3.5 Plutotv audio is out of sync still in 6.1.3.5, it has been reported here in the forum for previous versions as well. I tried to attach the streamfab logs but the forum is saying I need to login, and I'm already logged in. When the forum allows uploads again I send the logs.

The sync problem is known. The developer will arrange a time to fix it.

Comment

Please have the developer read this thread linked below,for other Pluto issues that need to be fixed. Thanks.

https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...-work-properly​​

Comment

Because the audio sync problem has existed on Pluto TV for a long time (I have captured all available episodes of Antiques Roadshow (BBC), I didn't think much of the problem. Because I had noticed the issue had been raised before, I basically wanted to see if the sync problem still existed.

Because I like to capture subtitles, the downloader for Pluto TV shows that there is English as subtitles, but subtitles are no longer present in any captured show -- I'm specifically interested in Season 30 of Antiques Roadshow.

Do I need to clear things out, delete all current activity, and start over, capturing the log as well as screen shots, or is this going to be addressed?

Current Problem with Pluto TV: Select Antiques Roadshow BBC, season 30, last four episodes. Screen shows subtitles available. Select English. Use StreamFab to capture four shows.
        Result: Video captured: mp4 (regardless of setting for MKV, MP4, etc.
        No subtitles captured: Antiques Roadshow_S30E23_Ulverston.mp4.txt

Comment

Originally posted by TomdeOldMan View Post
          Because the audio sync problem has existed on Pluto TV for a long time (I have captured all available episodes of Antiques Roadshow (BBC), I didn't think much of the problem. Because I had noticed the issue had been raised before, I basically wanted to see if the sync problem still existed.

Because I like to capture subtitles, the downloader for Pluto TV shows that there is English as subtitles, but subtitles are no longer present in any captured show -- I'm specifically interested in Season 30 of Antiques Roadshow.

Do I need to clear things out, delete all current activity, and start over, capturing the log as well as screen shots, or is this going to be addressed?

Current Problem with Pluto TV: Select Antiques Roadshow BBC, season 30, last four episodes. Screen shows subtitles available. Select English. Use StreamFab to capture four shows.
          Result: Video captured: mp4 (regardless of setting for MKV, MP4, etc.
          No subtitles captured: [ATTACH]n429091[/ATTACH]
          tubi has Antiques Roadshow UK - https://tubitv.com/series/300006793/antiques-roadshow

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

tubi has Antiques Roadshow UK - https://tubitv.com/series/300006793/antiques-roadshow

As I mentioned, I had already captured all the Antiques Roadshow UK, but the sync was off.

My main purpose is a hope that the audio sync will be on and subtitles. Right now, the audio sync has not been addressed and subtitltes are expressed, but not remuxed/captured.

It should be noted that tubi does not contain all the shows available via Pluto TV.
            Last edited by TomdeOldMan; 08-14-2023, 08:44 AM. Reason: Added comment about tubi content.

Comment

Ok, here's what I learned with a little research, I may not have the terminology right and the absolute correct concept but here is the gist of it - This has been this way for a long time, probably as long as PlutoTV has been around. Before and after every commercial in an On Demand Pluto file they have placed what is referred to as "bumpers". These bumpers seem to last a very short time (a few frames) and their purpose is just to separate the show from the commercials. The bumpers are video only. It appears that no other streamer uses this bumpers method. The big problem is that the bumpers don't use time-stamping so this confuses the heck out of programs like FFmpeg and yt-dlp (which StreamFab uses). When you remux you are getting sync problems. This is NOT a StreamFab caused problem.
              I wasn't able to find any mention of patches to the FFmpeg and yt-dlp Pluto extractors. I did find that a pretty well known program Streamlink (which I've never used) does have a fix for it with their "--pluto-disable-bumpers" command option but as it appears to me this is only active during playback. Having never used Streamlink I could be wrong about that. Maybe someone that is a Streamlink user could comment here on it. How StreamFab would get rid of the bumpers to fix this problem, I have no idea but the sync problems won't be fixed until they do.
              Here is the Issue that lead to the creation of the "--pluto-disable-bumpers" in Streamlink. Perhaps StreamFab can get something out of it that could help fix the Pluto sync issue.
              Checklist This is a plugin issue and not a different kind of issue I have read the contribution guidelines I have checked the list of open and recently closed plugin issues I have checked the commi...
              Last edited by Cats4U; 08-23-2023, 07:32 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
                Ok, here's what I learned with a little research, I may not have the terminology right and the absolute correct concept but here is the gist of it - This has been this way for a long time, probably as long as PlutoTV has been around. Before and after every commercial in an On Demand Pluto file they have placed what is referred to as "bumpers". These bumpers seem to last a very short time (a few frames) and their purpose is just to separate the show from the commercials. The bumpers are video only. It appears that no other streamer uses this bumpers method. The big problem is that the bumpers don't use time-stamping so this confuses the heck out of programs like FFmpeg and yt-dlp (which StreamFab uses). When you remux you are getting sync problems. This is NOT a StreamFab caused problem.
                I wasn't able to find any mention of patches to the FFmpeg and yt-dlp Pluto extractors. I did find that a pretty well known program Streamlink (which I've never used) does have a fix for it with their "--pluto-disable-bumpers" command option but as it appears to me this is only active during playback. Having never used Streamlink I could be wrong about that. Maybe someone that is a Streamlink user could comment here on it. How StreamFab would get rid of the bumpers to fix this problem, I have no idea but the sync problems won't be fixed until they do.
                Here is the Issue that lead to the creation of the "--pluto-disable-bumpers" in Streamlink. Perhaps StreamFab can get something out of it that could help fix the Pluto sync issue.
                https://github.com/streamlink/streamlink/issues/4249
                That's likely why I haven't worried about the voice sync issue. Since I have the PlayOn Service and it has Pluto TV, I found some of the Antiques Roadshow and started downloading a season to see if they have the sync issue. What should be interesting is if they have the same problem that StreamFab has or if they have somehow resolved the problem. The thing about PlayOn is that they will record the commercials and then skip them during playback if you have it set up to skip the commercials. In my situation, the commercials aren't recorded. Playon also records in real time, not just downloads the show. I'll let you know what happens.

Comment

Mona , Wilson.Wang ,
                  I forgot to write this in the message above - Could you please pass Message # 7 above to the Developers (translated if necessary and including the Streamlink Github portion). Hopefully there is enough there for them to figure out how Streamlink was able to fix the Pluto A/V sync issue in their program and then for our Developers to incorporate a similar fix in StreamFab. Thank you.
                  ​​​​​

Comment

Using PlayOn, there are no problems with the sync between the video and the sound.

There are other issues with PlayOn and Pluto TV which I won't bother detailing here. So the sync issue with the sound and picture is something that the StreamFab engineers should be able to resolve.
                    Last edited by TomdeOldMan; 08-24-2023, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
                      Mona , Wilson.Wang ,
                      I forgot to write this in the message above - Could you please pass Message # 7 above to the Developers (translated if necessary and including the Streamlink Github portion). Hopefully there is enough there for them to figure out how Streamlink was able to fix the Pluto A/V sync issue in their program and then for our Developers to incorporate a similar fix in StreamFab. Thank you.
                      ​​​​​
                      The developers have received this message already

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

The developers have received this message already
                        Ahh, very speedy. Thanks.

Comment

StreamFab 6.1.3.8 still has the audio sync problem and Pluto TV programs...

Comment

Originally posted by TomdeOldMan View Post
                            StreamFab 6.1.3.8 still has the audio sync problem and Pluto TV programs...
                            Of course it does! 6.1.3.8 was released on a Saturday (StreamFab does not normally work on Saturdays) to fix one problem which was to stop a crash problem with Amazon. It was for nothing else. It was an emergency release for which StreamFab should be commended. Doesn't anyone read Changelogs?

I told you and everyone else, the Pluto problem will not be fixed until either ffmpeg or yt-dlp (not sure which one StreamFab uses for Pluto) comes out with a fixed Stable release or if StreamFab is able to come up with a fix based on the StreamLink fix I directed them to. This stuff takes time. I only wrote about the StreamLink fix 5 days ago. There might not even be anything in the StreamLink fix that relates to how the developers code StreamFab. I know you are anxious but Pluto has been a pain in the ass since it started up. I don't know why people are so attached to these F.A.S.T streamers. The quality sucks and are heavily edited. It's easy to find better quality from other sources.

Comment

Hi,

The dev is working on this issue.

It will be fixed in this week or next week.

Wilson
                              Please post your logs the default location is:
                              For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                              For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                              If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X