This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab 6.1.4.0 PLUTO Fix

The following appears within the Changelog for the StreamFab 6.1.4.0 update.....

Fix: A failure problem when downloading subtitles of Pluto TV videos.
    Fix: A failure problem when downloading Pluto TV videos as MKV files.​

Can someone tell me if they are able to download a movie from PLUTO and receive.....

a 720p resolution video file..... in MKV format..... which include subtitles remuxed.....

Guess why I'm asking.
    Last edited by weavermovies; 09-06-2023, 06:02 PM.

​"Just because you can..... doesn't mean you should!"

"The only thing worse than the devil that you know..... is the devil that you don't!"

You beat me to it. I am also trying to confirm the two supposed Fixes listed above in weavermovies's message in order to mark the issues Resolved in the SFCBT. I'm not interested in the resolution as that has varied from show to show since the beginning of Pluto.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
      You beat me to it. I am also trying to confirm the two supposed Fixes listed above in weavermovies's message in order to mark the issues Resolved in the SFCBT. I'm not interested in the resolution as that has varied from show to show since the beginning of Pluto.

Respectfully..... As I had mentioned in the confirmation post from the other thread..... the problems began at the end of April 2022.....

Prior to that..... of 67 movies that I had downloaded from PLUTO..... all 67 were received in 720p format..... with all 67 also having subtitles included..... and all 67 in MKV format.....

From that point on..... the resolution has changed to 480p..... the format is always in MP4 regardless of settings..... and no subtitles are included.....

It should also be noted that the subtitles are available when viewing directly from the PLUTO website.....

Obviously..... by my above post..... although StreamFab says they fixed the MKV and subtitle issues..... on my laptop..... nothing has changed.
      Last edited by weavermovies; 09-06-2023, 06:32 PM.

"The only thing worse than the devil that you know..... is the devil that you don't!"

Comment

Originally posted by weavermovies View Post
        The following appears within the Changelog for the StreamFab 6.1.4.0 update.....

Can someone tell me if they are able to download a movie from PLUTO and receive.....

a 720p resolution video file..... in MKV format..... which include subtitles remuxed.....

Guess why I'm asking.
        I just finished testing and then updated my original posting of the problem.

No, neither has been fixed. I even went so far as to delete StreamFab on my system and install the latest version and that didn't resolve the problem, either.

Looks like the upload didn't include the fixes.

Comment

I'm really not worrying about the past right now. Based on your prior confirmation I was able to report the MP4 issue on SFCBT. The subtitle issue had already been reported. I'm just looking to confirm now that those that have installed 6.1.4.0 actually see those 2 issues fixed.

As for the resolution issue, I don't feel that anything has changed being that resolutions on Pluto have varied from show to show since the beginning of Pluto. There were even reports in the past (hopefully I can find them again) where resolutions have changed based on time of day with resolutions shrinking during prime time. I, personally, will not be adding a SFCBT report on this as it is clearly a Pluto issue and not a StreamFab one. You and anyone else can file a report there ( https://bugs.bbtools.ca/ ) if you wish but I don't think it will go far. FAST streamers simply do not work like other pay streamers. Advertising is their main focus and not putting out a quality product.

Comment

Originally posted by TomdeOldMan View Post

I just finished testing and then updated my original posting of the problem.

No, neither has been fixed. I even went so far as to delete StreamFab on my system and install the latest version and that didn't resolve the problem, either.

Looks like the upload didn't include the fixes.
            Sad. Thank you so much for your comments.
            Anyone else see anything different or the same?

Comment

I just tried downloading Top Gun.

Pop-up says 480p

Selected English subtitles.

Download says 720p
              Processing/Remuxing says 480p
              Settings are MKV (FFmpeg)
              Resulting file is MP4. No subtitles.
              Resulting file is different size than same file downloaded 3 days ago

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	374
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	430199

Obviously...
              How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
                I just tried downloading Top Gun.

Pop-up says 480p

Selected English subtitles.

Download says 720p
                Processing/Remuxing says 480p
                Settings are MKV (FFmpeg)
                Resulting file is MP4. No subtitles.
                Resulting file is different size than same file downloaded 3 days ago

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	38.1 KB ID:	430199

Obviously...
                That's what I've been saying now for three different posts.....

The Download Popup Window shows 480p..... Then when it starts..... the Downloading Window starts out showing 720p..... then at approximately the 66% mark..... it switches to showing 480p..... and that's what you get as a result.....

Also..... no matter what the settings..... the result is an MP4 file..... with an MKV file being unattainable..... with no subtitles downloaded.....

I also said..... PLUTO had always given 720p prior to the end of April 2023..... but was told otherwise as well as that the resolution problem wouldn't be included within this "new" reporting system.
                Last edited by weavermovies; 09-06-2023, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Jack,
                  Do you want to enter in a Pluto report for resolution for this guy to keep him happy? I simply won't do it. Pluto has been all over the place forever. I'm not going to blame StreamFab for something that I've personally seen Pluto do by itself. I've seen it varying resolution on my own TV long before there even was a Pluto module, for christsake!

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
                    Jack,
                    Do you want to enter in a Pluto report for resolution for this guy to keep him happy? I simply won't do it. Pluto has been all over the place forever. I'm not going to blame StreamFab for something that I've personally seen Pluto do by itself. I've seen it varying resolution on my own TV long before there even was a Pluto module, for christsake!
                    Plot twist!

So, every time i was testing Pluto TV, i was remoting into my computer specifically setup to download from other regions (remember i am in Canada).

For shits and giggles, i tried on my regular computer setup to download from Canada.

I tried downloading Top Gun but it's not available in Canada.

Then i tried downloading the first episode of Twisted Metal since it's brand spanking new.

Views:	350
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	430220

I clicked download now and by the time i clicked on the Downloading section, it was already processing!

Resulting file?

Views:	438
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	430218

720p? Check!
                    MKV? Check!
                    Subtitles? Check!

Views:	342
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	430219

For the subtitles, it seems that it was English (Canada) and StreamFab set the language code to CA instead of the country code so they show up as Catalan but they are in English.

Views:	348
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	430221

So before i enter a bug, i need to clarify what the issue really is. Is it a region thing or is it an installation thing. I am leaning towards a region thing since i can't believe they would be so incompetent as to say it has been fixed and it's no different at all from the previous version.

But it could also be a combination so i will be doing QA tomorrow and report back.

For those who would like to know what i will do as my tests, they are pretty simple:
                    • Go to US machine and disable VPN to try in Canada
                    • Go to Canadian machine and enable VPN to US
                    • Wipe (Revo) StreamFab from US machine and reinstall fresh
                    • On both machines, VPN to all Pluto TV regions and test
                    Hang in there weavermovies ... We will figure this out...

Comment

Originally posted by weavermovies View Post

Guess why I'm asking.
                      Sorry for the confusion, the two haven't been included in the v6140, we planned to release a beta version so you can test it later. Or you may wait for the next official version. Thanks.

Comment

I can now confirm this is regional. I only tested on the "US" machine since disabling VPN worked. No need to uninstall and reinstall

Results

USA: 480p, MP4, No Subtitles (English selectable)

UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain: 480p, MP4, No Subtitles (None to select)

Brazil, Argentina, Chile: 720p, MKV, No Subtitles (None to select)

Sweden, Denmark, Norway: 720p, MKV, Hard Subtitles (None to select)

Canada: 720p, MKV, Soft Subtitles (English Selectable)

Rest of European Union: Some EU member countries do have Pluto TV but you are being redirected to https://www.eu-landing.corp.pluto.tv/ and StreamFab can't do anything with that.

This now proves that Canada is the best country in the G7!

P.S. In the countries with the messed up MP4 in 480p, It downloads segments, then processes, then remuxes.

In the ones where 720p and MKV works, it downloads for ½ a second, processes for a while, then downloads segments, processes again, then remuxes.

Very weird but at least it works. Also, the ones where there were no subtitles to select and no hard subs, it may just be none are available but i marked is as bad just because they aren't present.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Sorry for the confusion, the two haven't been included in the v6140, we planned to release a beta version so you can test it later. Or you may wait for the next official version. Thanks.
                          Nothing personal against you, Mona, but how does such a thing happen? How can two specific fixes be listed in the Changelog and not be added to the update? "Sorry for the confusion" just does not cut it as an answer. It's getting to the point where we can not believe anything that is written by DVDFab here on this forum and in any other document released by DVDFab. Continually DVDFab, as a company, acts in an unfriendly way to it's existing customers with unwanted ads, disregarding Lifetime/All-in-One purchases, and leaving modules broken for too long. It's time for DVDFab to get their shit together and start caring about their existing customers or you're going to find that you won't be getting any new ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Mona..... Since I started this topic..... I'd like to request it be closed.....

The subject can be revisited again in the next version..... or when appropriate action has been taken.....

This post seems to have strayed away from it's original intent.

Comment

Working...
                            X