No announcement yet.

Re: MacGyver on Paramount+ (Amazon)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Re: MacGyver on Paramount+ (Amazon)

Since the other thread is closed, I started this to let those that couldn't download S1E22 know that it is probably a P+ standalone app issue.

I am subscribed through Amazon and had no trouble downloading that episode.

When I saw the other thread, I remembered downloading the series a while ago and wanted to see if for some reason that episode was missing.

I had previously downloaded the entire series last October and S1E22 was there in my S1 folder.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SF - MacGyver  S1E22 Download.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	435407

Each provider has different data files on their servers.
    I have a problem with a Paramount+ show on Prime that they seem to refuse to fix, going on 4 months now.

Comment

Originally posted by MrGrackle View Post
      Each provider has different data files on their servers.
      Would you please post a link to where this is explained in detail and why this is done?

Seems odd that if you are subscribed directly to P+ that they would intentonally hide one episode, yet subscribing to P+ through Amazon gets you the missing episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.X View Post
        Seems odd that if you are subscribed directly to P+ that they would intentonally hide one episode, yet subscribing to P+ through Amazon gets you the missing episode.
        Mea Culpa. I was referring to https://www.cbs.com/ when I said S01S22 was missing. For those that don't know, cbs.com and Paramount+ are both owned by Paramount Global, Inc. The two websites look almost identical, with cbs.com carrying much fewer offerings. And that's where I screwed up. Paramount+ has both the "old" and "new" MacGyver, but cbs.com only carries the "new". There is no S01E22 episode in the "new" series, and that is why I found it missing. My apologies for leading everyone astray. It's a good thing that I always go back and check on issues like this that seem to be the streamer's fault. The actual S01E22 "old" MacGyver still will not download, and I continue to get a "Sorry, this video is currently unavailable..." message with each attempt to play it on my browser.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

Mea Culpa. I was referring to https://www.cbs.com/ when I said S01S22 was missing. For those that don't know, cbs.com and Paramount+ are both owned by Paramount Global, Inc. The two websites look almost identical, with cbs.com carrying much fewer offerings. And that's where I screwed up. Paramount+ has both the "old" and "new" MacGyver, but cbs.com only carries the "new". There is no S01E22 episode in the "new" series, and that is why I found it missing. My apologies for leading everyone astray. It's a good thing that I always go back and check on issues like this that seem to be the streamer's fault. The actual S01E22 "old" MacGyver still will not download, and I continue to get a "Sorry, this video is currently unavailable..." message with each attempt to play it on my browser.
          copy the URL single episode of S01E22 "old" MacGyver from your regular browser and paste it
          into streamfabs browser, the episode will download. this works on regular Paramount +
          Last edited by october262; 01-20-2024, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

copy the URL single episode of S01E22 "old" MacGyver from your regular browser and paste it
            into streamfabs browser, the episode will download. this works on regular Paramount +
            I wished, but dreams don't always come true. Sorry, but that didn't work for me. I started off trying to do a regular SF download of (old) MacGyver S01E22, just to get a baseline. It failed, both as a download and as a play, receiving a "Sorry, this video is currently unavailable..." message. The address for the show was https://www.paramountplus.com/shows/video/621511073/.
            I shut down StreamFab and loaded up the latest Chrome. I worked my way to the (old) MacGyver S01E22 and observed that the address was the same, https://www.paramountplus.com/shows/video/621511073/. When I played the show, I got the "Sorry, this video is currently unavailable..." message. I started up StreamFab and entered in https://www.paramountplus.com/shows/video/621511073/. The download failed. I tried the experiment again with both the latest Microsoft Edge and Firefox. The address remained the same for each browser and the results were the same, failure on both downloading and playing.
            In the process, I did grab two manifest/CMCD addresses. There might have been more, but I stopped looking at two. They came from the StreamFab.log. They were --

If you say that you are able to download (old) MacGyver S01E22, could you please look in your StreamFab.log and post here the address you have listed? There might be the possibility that the CDNs that I reach may not have the file, whereas the one you connect with does. That's my theory at the moment, but that could change.

Comment

Name:	Capture.png
Views:	211
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	435468

I wished, but dreams don't always come true. Sorry, but that didn't work for me. I started off trying to do a regular SF download of (old) MacGyver S01E22, just to get a baseline. It failed, both as a download and as a play, receiving a "Sorry, this video is currently unavailable..." message. The address for the show was https://www.paramountplus.com/shows/video/621511073/.
              I shut down StreamFab and loaded up the latest Chrome. I worked my way to the (old) MacGyver S01E22 and observed that the address was the same, https://www.paramountplus.com/shows/video/621511073/. When I played the show, I got the "Sorry, this video is currently unavailable..." message. I started up StreamFab and entered in https://www.paramountplus.com/shows/video/621511073/. The download failed. I tried the experiment again with both the latest Microsoft Edge and Firefox. The address remained the same for each browser and the results were the same, failure on both downloading and playing.
              In the process, I did grab two manifest/CMCD addresses. There might have been more, but I stopped looking at two. They came from the StreamFab.log. They were --

https://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/ondemand/dash/content/2497752/vid/621511073/CHS/streams/a87cd477-d617-4943-b312-b174d358c1df/manifest.mpd?CMCD=ot%3Dm%2Csf%3Dd%2Csid%3D%2279935 3f0-ac10-4118-8729-481a3e96bfc7%22%2Csu

https://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/ondemand/dash/content/2497752/vid/621511073/CHS/streams/076ef2ea-0a8c-4a23-aad1-5ff64a07bded/manifest.mpd?CMCD=ot%3Dm%2Csf%3Dd%2Csid%3D%222f94a 5bf-3719-406e-b405-c0d5872ffa8f%22%2Csu

If you say that you are able to download (old) MacGyver S01E22, could you please look in your StreamFab.log and post here the address you have listed? There might be the possibility that the CDNs that I reach may not have the file, whereas the one you connect with does. That's my theory at the moment, but that could change.
              the first time i tried it, it started downloading. when i tried a second time, it wouldn't work
              that is until i cleared my cache & cookies & site data & rebooted streamfab the it worked again.
              this is just the stand-a-lone paramount+ not with Amazon.
              Last edited by october262; 01-20-2024, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
                that is until i cleared my cache & cookies & site data & rebooted streamfab the it worked again.
                That's never going to be an issue with me. I do that cleaning sequence at the end of each StreamFab session.

this is just the stand-a-lone paramount+ not with Amazon.
                Exactly.

Could you post your manifest address line from your StreamFab.log of your successful (old) MacGyver S01E22 download? It should begin with "[Info]: Get new mpd url:" and perhaps look similar to the two addresses I posted in my message # 6.

Comment

That's never going to be an issue with me. I do that cleaning sequence at the end of each StreamFab session.

Exactly.

Could you post your manifest address line from your StreamFab.log of your successful (old) MacGyver S01E22 download? It should begin with "[Info]: Get new mpd url:" and perhaps look similar to the two addresses I posted in my message # 6.
                  is this what you want ?? -
                  now i didn't let the download finish, i canceled it.https://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/ondemand/dash/content/2497752/vid/621511073/TUL/streams/e566e7a3-9ec9-449f-9a16-22750802a4ab/manifest.mpd?CMCD=ot%3Dm%2Csf%3Dd%2Csid%3D%2265f35 dd7-2944-4f07-9e3d-7fa271a42d6d%22%2Csuhttps://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/ondemand/dash/content/2497752/vid/621511073/TUL/streams/e566e7a3-9ec9-449f-9a16-22750802a4ab/manifest.mpd?CMCD=ot%3Dm%2Csf%3Dd%2Csid%3D%2265f35 dd7-2944-4f07-9e3d-7fa271a42d6d%22%2Csuhttps://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/ondemand/dash/content/2497752/vid/621511073/TUL/streams/e566e7a3-9ec9-449f-9a16-22750802a4ab/manifest.mpd?CMCD=ot%3Dm%2Csf%3Dd%2Csid%3D%2265f35 dd7-2944-4f07-9e3d-7fa271a42d6d%22%2Csu
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by october262; 01-21-2024, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Yes, that was what I wanted. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing anything that stands out to me. I was hoping that you were using a different CDN company or something. While yours is different from mine, it still is Google doing the transport.

Hey Jack!, jpp72
                    What am I missing here? Any ideas on why he can download the video and myself and others can't? I can't even play it in any of my browsers - Chrome, Edge, Firefox, StreamFab (CEF). I'd hate to send it over to the Developer, since it obviously is not a StreamFab issue.

Comment

If the original poster that was having trouble downloading the episode is reading this, you can also get it from Pluto. It downloaded without issue for me there.

Also, I am using SF 6.1.5.2. Since everything is working fine for me, I haven't bothered to upgrade any further.

Comment

Yes, that was what I wanted. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing anything that stands out to me. I was hoping that you were using a different CDN company or something. While yours is different from mine, it still is Google doing the transport.

Hey Jack!, jpp72
                        What am I missing here? Any ideas on why he can download the video and myself and others can't? I can't even play it in any of my browsers - Chrome, Edge, Firefox, StreamFab (CEF). I'd hate to send it over to the Developer, since it obviously is not a StreamFab issue.
                        Unfortunately i don't have a standalone Paramount+ account. My whole point of buying StreamFab was to get H265 releases and Subtitles. If a standalone service has an Amazon channel, i will always take the amazon channel over it.

Do you have the ads tier or the no ads one? I see it is available on that secret site i told you about so maybe i can try with that. I already have the P+ channel on Amazon US and Amazon Canada because they have different content. This would then be my 3rd account lol
                        How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

I believe I have an ad-free plan now, although there is a promotion for a Showtime Original before MacGyver. Paramount+ is confusing pricewise lately. I signed up for a deal last year for Paramount+ and Showtime (and, I think, with ads) for $7.99. They then switched all of Paramount+ to have Showtime, ad-free, and called it Paramount+ with Showtime at $11.99. I have that one at $7.99 still, I think. To be honest, I don't know what I have.
                          You don't have to get a 3rd account. Hopefully someone else here with direct Paramount+ could speak up. I trust October 100%, but I always like an additional confirmation when I, personally, can't get something to work. It's got to be a CDN issue, in my opinion.

Comment

I checked with Paramount+ US (Limited Commercials) and I dl 100% and then "Failed":

moov atom not found .. _video.mp4: Invalid data found when processing input

Switch vpn (i.e. IPvanish to oVPN) and nothing changed.​

Comment

I rechecked with "Paramount+ with SHOWTIME" (no Ads) and it's failed too.

Then I tried the minimal resolution: failed

Playing in Browser: Sorry, this video is currently unavailable - error code: 3005

Download manually: Response status code does not indicate success: 404 (Not Found).

ERGO: No SF problem​

Name:	MacGyver_s01e22_manual.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	158.3 KB
ID:	435491

Comment

Working...
                              X