• Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Cats4U

Thank you for the open words

Get well soon (if necessary)

I mean that for re-encoding there are some better (& cheaper) tools.​

Comment

Everything that failed before on Amazon still fails. I am also extremely disappointed in the handling of this Cats4U, I agree with your above post. It's extremely hard to moderate a forum especially when the developers do not let you know how they are going to handle things. The above post should be sticky. I am proud of you Cats4U for telling the truth when it needs to be told.
      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Germania View Post
        Get well soon (if necessary)
        Thanks, but I'm not sick. It was just a regularly scheduled office visit to make sure I haven't fallen apart completely yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

Thanks, but I'm not sick. It was just a regularly scheduled office visit to make sure I haven't fallen apart completely yet.
          Its a good thing you didnt install the latest update or you might be sick (and tired) of this whole messd, I would rather them just work on fixing the things that are broken instead of a patch work update that really doesnt solve anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

I had a doctor's appointment this morning, and so I haven't had a chance to install 6.1.6.2 yet. I don't think I'm going to. I know that Jack will not install it. I just talked to him and he hates re-encoding. I'm not a big fan of it, either. I don't know what the SF staff was thinking. Everyone raised hell about the re-encoding last time. What did they expect this time? Doing nothing except working on getting the DRM fixed would have been the better approach. I've been through 3 or 4 other DRM episodes before. This time I wrote to them, advising them as to how to best get through this and how to keep you, the users, happy in the meantime. I got no reply back. I am extremely disappointed in their handling of this.
            Everybody has to make their own decisions about 6.1.6.2, but I recommend not installing it. I've got to be honest with you all, I'll be hard-pressed to help anyone here with re-encoding problems. Send direct Feedback to Support instead.
            They do this so that they don't have to write on their website: Sorry, the download isn't working at the moment! This is how you are clean...

Last time, OK, my hardware was a little older than this. Re-encoding one series episode took over 8 hours. I was wondering why the PC was so loud overnight. It's a miracle it didn't explode...
            The next morning I went back to an older version and simply loaded this series 4 weeks later when it worked again! I recommend that to everyone here too!

Ok, if it is content that will disappear shortly and you know it will never come back, you would have to think about what you are doing.

Cats4U don't let the Fab people and the knighter get you down, you and jpp72 are doing great work.

I'm thinking maybe knighter is just Chat GPT and has replaced Mona...

Comment

Cats4U don't let the Fab people and the knighter get you down, you and jpp72 are doing great work.
              Thank you so much. That means the world to me. I really don't want to discuss that at this moment.

Comment

Things on Amazon seem to have taken a turn for the worse. Over yesterday and this morning, I downloaded the first 13 episodes of NCIS season 1. After lunch, I tried to download episode 14 and got the Failure to analyze video" error. Same with the other remaining episodes of season 1. I upgraded to 6.1.6.2, and deleted season 1 from my queue so I could try again, selecting H.264 instead of H.265. However, now the initial analysis is failing, the one performed before opening the popup that allows you to select episodes to download and set parameters like video codec. So I cannot even add episodes to my queue to attempt a download. I get the same result trying to analyze Dallas, which I recently completed downloading. I went back to version 6.1.6.1 and got the same result. Something has changed on the Amazon site.

Comment

If 6.1.6.2 did anything it made it worse. Re-encoding, AAC sound? Why don't we just go back to screen recording? I already went back to 6.1.6.1 where nothing worked, it was better than this.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
                    If 6.1.6.2 did anything it made it worse. Re-encoding, AAC sound? Why don't we just go back to screen recording? I already went back to 6.1.6.1 where nothing worked, it was better than this.
                    I wish they would have let us know so we could have at least tried to dissuade them...

I am sure most people just want something that works properly even if they have to wait...

Hopefully they do get this fixed before February 10th because it won't be the best look to take a week off for the Lunar New Year...
                    How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Sorry to ask, but can someone provide me a 6.1.6.1 off-line installer? 6.1.6.2 doesn't work for Amazon at ALL, at least with the previous version some worked...

Comment

All Amazon downloads failed with the new Version 6.1.6.2. Error Code 13000. We must be patient.

Comment

Originally posted by Bithunter_Hardy View Post
                          All Amazon downloads failed with the new Version 6.1.6.2. Error Code 13000. We must be patient.
                          try with 6.1.6.1

Comment

It's fixed with the competition not mentioning which one

Comment

they fixed chromeCDM?

Comment

Hoping the quality issue is sorted as 480p isn't worth downloading

Comment

Working...
                                X