Streamfab Module Name Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab for Windows Streamfab Module Name Change

Is there a way to change the names of the Modules from the app? like Amazon could be AMZN?

Click image for larger version

Name:	asdasd.png
Views:	1719
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	437691​​

And also, doesnt work properly for movies and tv shows, example:

Audio #0 : E-AC-3 at 640 kb/s
    Infos : 6 channels, 48.0 kHz

movie name went: Bean.1997.1080p.WEB-DL.AAC.H264-GROUP

so, sound should be something like DD+5.1 or something... and it's AAC...​

Comment

There is currently no way to name the modules individually.

It shouldn't be a problem to rename them yourself.

With Powershell something like​
      Code:
      gci "$Env:USERPROFILE\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\Output" -Recurse | Rename-Item -NewName {$_.Name.Replace('Amazon','AMZN')}

Originally posted by goncalo16 View Post
      sound should be something like DD+5.1 or something... and it's AAC...
      Audio Codec naming is sometimes wrong

Comment

The Default Name Template is scheduled for a revision sometime in the future (after the DRM issue is resolved.) I doubt very much that the Module name will change, but I'll add it to the list to be discussed when the time comes.

Comment

Originally posted by Germania View Post
          There is currently no way to name the modules individually.

It shouldn't be a problem to rename them yourself.

With Powershell something like​
          Code:
          gci "$Env:USERPROFILE\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\Output" -Recurse | Rename-Item -NewName {$_.Name.Replace('Amazon','AMZN')}

Audio Codec naming is sometimes wrong
          I hope it works I don't need the full name of the streaming platform, like crunchyroll can be CR. if possible it would be nice.

Thank you Germania and Germania ​​

Comment

Originally posted by goncalo16 View Post
            I hope it works
            You may need to customize a custom path (that's default path)

I wrote this mid in night..
            .. currently don't know why, but after using it I get an error message..
            .. but rename works nevertheless!
            (gci is short for Get-ChildItem)

To be on the safe side, maybe try it with a dummy first​

Edit: You can ignore this error message (double folder names) with this addition at the end: -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
            Code:
            gci "$Env:USERPROFILE\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\Output" -Recurse | Rename-Item -NewName {$_.Name.Replace('Amazon','AMZN')} -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
            Last edited by Germania; 02-16-2024, 10:36 AM.

Comment

okey thx, i tried and didn't work but, i was looking online and found "bulk rename utility", does the same think.

thx for you help, and Cats4U​ too

Comment

I did something similar, but I for kicks, since I use Power Automate "cloud" at work, I used Power Automate Desktop (free with Win11, not sure about Win10) to create a new folder based on movie name & year, calls MediaInfo CLI and VBScripts to get the resolution, and if 4K then the HDR flag (HDR10, DV, DV+HDR10), then it rename the files with Plex {edition} tags. and moves the movie into the new folder.

Its not finished. I mean it works, but you have to set a variable for the service folder you want to run it against, it doesn't recurse through subfolders so doesn't work on TV shows(I don't need to touch those), and I need to make it more efficient (I have a few steps and variables that can probably be removed).

I'm willing to share it as-is.

It relies on VIP Services naming template for MOVIES be: <moviename> <year> {edition-}​

Then, for example a movie downloaded from Disney+ as:
                D:\StreamFabOutput\Disney+\The Avengers 2015 {edition-}.mkv

Will be renamed to:
                D:\StreamFabOutput\Disney+\The Avengers 2015\The Avengers 2015 720p {edition-D+ DL}.mkv

Or for 4K:
                D:\StreamFabOutput\Max\Avatar- The Way of Water 2022 {edition-}.mkv

Will be renamed to:
                D:\StreamFabOutput\Max\Avatar- The Way of Water 2022 - 4K\Avatar- The Way of Water 2022 2160p {edition-Max DL 4K DV HDR10}.mkv

At that point its ready for me to copy the new movie folders onto my plex server (I'll be adding that to the flow later).

When time permits I will add having it go through each streaming service folder, so I don't have to specify each time.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
                  I did something similar, but I for kicks, since I use Power Automate "cloud" at work, I used Power Automate Desktop (free with Win11, not sure about Win10) to create a new folder based on movie name & year, calls MediaInfo CLI and VBScripts to get the resolution, and if 4K then the HDR flag (HDR10, DV, DV+HDR10), then it rename the files with Plex {edition} tags. and moves the movie into the new folder.
                  Since you're talking about automation software, I'll go a little off-topic, and recommend a free program that I've used for years. It's called Automation Workshop, and it is free for personal use only and therefore limited in the number of tasks you can do. I've never reached the limit, though. I could never afford the commercial version, even if I wanted to go over the limit. Check it out, it definitely is less complicated than Power Automate. https://www.automationworkshop.org/compare-editions/

Comment

Working...
                  X