X
This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab for Windows Inferno - Amazon. Downloading causes StreamFab to crash

Yesterday and today, I tried to download Inferno from Amazon and after I tell it to download, it goes into the routine reading all the data required. It then causes StreamFab to crash. I am running Win 7 Pro and I've never had this happen to any other movie on Amazon Prime.

Any thoughts?

John
  • Answer selected by Cats4U at 04-04-2024, 12:47 AM.

6.1.7.1 beta solved the complete crash on Win7. Tried an older title (rent only), Good Will Hunting which crashed StreamClient.exe. Tried a recent Included With Prime, Road House which did the same but I pretty much expected that since it was recently added. Both failed with the usual "Failure accessing video information...." The "other guy" handled it fine (yeah, I know that's a cuss word here worse than the "c" word or "n" word). The Win7 crash is fixed but looks like DRM is not. At least it is progress so I'm not going to bitch too much. 480p comes down fine so episodic TV is still good. I don't require 1080p for TV shows.

I'm about as excited about Win12 as I was with Win8 on. Designed for "end users" and "phone people." Here's a novel concept: Instead of "New and Improved" why not fix what's there now.

I don't need or want forced updates. I'll choose the updates I want to install AFTER I research the issues arising from them. I will install the drivers I CHOOSE, not ones MS chooses. I prefer my hardware and peripherals actually function properly. No, do NOT collect "anonymous usage data" or "telemetry", should have beta tested longer. No, I don't want to automatically connect to every network printer, scanner and TV on the LAN. I'll do that myself as I see fit. No, I don't want a Microsoft.com login (the option to create a local account during install is buried for a reason). All the shares and mappings on my network are tied to my LOCAL login and its taken years of time and money to build the network.

I realize some people do need all that hand holding, I'm not one.

I have a Win11 box for those situations where my main Win7 workstation is not suitable. SF may very well fall into that category. I did have to scrub the stupid from the interface though, just couldn't stomach it out of the box. And the dock! Fortunately god mode still works on Win11 so I don't have to navigate umpteen freaking dialogs just to change particular system settings or contend with the search box. Bing and those horrid animated tiles were the first thing to go. It looked like an arcade when I first booted it up. My Win7 box isn't going anywhere.

The new iPhone 16 is coming! Better pre-order ASAP! It's newererer so it's betterer!!!! Text and Voice may no longer be supported by Apple on your old one.

Enough with the Win7 bashing and all this push to "upgrage". NOT HELPING and doesn't address the real issue. So you love Win10/11, good for you. If SF doesn't want to support Win7 any more, good for them. I couldn't give a **** less. My Win7 box isn't going anywhere.

Comment

You mean Inferno from 1999 at freevee USA?

No problem for me

Click image for larger version

Name:	pv_Inferno.jpg
Views:	1332
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	439088

> I am running Win 7 Pro

Maybe after more than 4 years after support ended, you should think about something newer.
      I can't imagine anyone pulling this out of the basement to test it.​

Comment

Originally posted by JJBillings View Post
        Yesterday and today, I tried to download Inferno from Amazon and after I tell it to download, it goes into the routine reading all the data required. It then causes StreamFab to crash. I am running Win 7 Pro and I've never had this happen to any other movie on Amazon Prime.

Any thoughts?

John
        Switch to Windows 10 or 11! That's a first step!

Comment

StreamFab.log, please.

Comment

Here ya go. Good luck...
            Attached Files

Comment

Here ya go. Good luck...
              Did you pay to rent or buy it? I don't see any evidence to that in your log. All your manifests come back with...
              Code:
              <Error>
              <Code>AccessDenied</Code>
              <Message>Access Denied</Message>
              <RequestId>HK1E8S1HPZBSABQ8</RequestId>
              <HostId>dAt+UYlmM1LqQ0UgMes8398W4Ok4EoGKUO/fENjhIsObL4uAT+Rkt/7O3SoD8e6WAQFgUXKQduQ=</HostId>
              </Error>​

Comment

Win7, Win10 or Win11, StreamFab is still broken where Amazon is concerned. Just for giggles I temporarily switched the authorization to my Win11 ID10T box. Didn't crash, but DIDN'T work either. Haven't tried Linux but those boxes are for work, not play.

Cats4U, I've tried both Freevee and "Included with Prime" paying for the SD to HD upgrade and same, 480p or nope, those are the choices. I did get one title to come down in 1080p, Atlantis: Milo's Return but that was rent only at the time. I haven't tried any more rent only. Seems foolish to throw good money after bad. Just 10 test rentals would be $39 at the least. I suspect some would work, but those that don't are IMHO wasted money.

I'd rather put the money into the recording studio as there is a return there. Oh, and that's Win7 by the way. 1/3 of my most used plugins would go poof in Win10/11, I know, I tried.

Incidentally, if StreamFab no longer intends to support Win7 wouldn't it be a good idea to remove it from the advertised system requirements?
                Win11 Pro 22H2, no bloatware, no spyware, no crapware, no TPM, no Secure Boot, no MS account. And yes, you can dual boot 7 and 11.

Comment

Hopefully they'll stop supporting Windows 7 soon!
                  We would have fewer problems!​

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

Did you pay to rent or buy it? I don't see any evidence to that in your log. All your manifests come back with...
                    Code:
                    <Error>
                    <Code>AccessDenied</Code>
                    <Message>Access Denied</Message>
                    <RequestId>HK1E8S1HPZBSABQ8</RequestId>
                    <HostId>dAt+UYlmM1LqQ0UgMes8398W4Ok4EoGKUO/fENjhIsObL4uAT+Rkt/7O3SoD8e6WAQFgUXKQduQ=</HostId>
                    </Error>â
                    I rented it, which is what I usually do. The only other issue I've had was with Avatar 2.

John

Comment

Originally posted by NewMelle View Post

Oh, and that's Win7 by the way. 1/3 of my most used plugins would go poof in Win10/11, I know, I tried.

Incidentally,
                      Thank you! Mine too...

Comment

Originally posted by Sebastian001 View Post
                        Hopefully they'll stop supporting Windows 7 soon!
                        We would have fewer problems!​
                        Fewer problems maybe, but I'm not quite ready to puff on that one yet.

Instead of putting down the OS why not focus on the real issue. SF doesn't work regardless. I don't necessarily want to get into that Win7 VS Win10/11 BS so many sub-IQs enjoy. They both have their merits and their down sides as does Linux and Macintrash. The original point was it makes absolutely no difference which OS where the DRM issues are concerned. It's a software issue, not a user issue, not an OS issue.
                        Win11 Pro 22H2, no bloatware, no spyware, no crapware, no TPM, no Secure Boot, no MS account. And yes, you can dual boot 7 and 11.

Comment

Howdy Folks,

Sorry its been awhile, but I got side tracked on a couple items that needed my attention.

Yesterday, I downloaded several titles from Paramount + without issues. However was still having difficulties with no luck on Amazon. This morning I was going to try again on a movie that I already downloaded, The Longest Day. It started normally. I cancelled the download. I then tried several Liam Neeson titles that are in my Amazon Prime. Everyone I tried failed with error during analyzing and crashed again. I then closed Streamfab and noticed an update. I updated to the latest and NOW I can't even open Amazon without a total crash with reports automatically sent to DVDFab. I reopen and tried twice without luck. Then I tried Paramount + twice and same issue. Crashes hard, so then I tried Netflix. No luck there either.

I have included my Streamfab log from this morning.

To Cats4U,

I wish to revert to a previous version at least 4 back or maybe 5. I was not having any troubles. This has become an issue with the last 2 or 3 upgrades. Any possibility of you supplying me a link to accomplish this please?

You could send that link directly tthrough my email if you wish not to post a link publicly.

Thanks in advance for you assistance with this issue.

P.S. In answer to your question regarding purchase or rental, I do those both and it has never been an issue except with Avatar the original. Avatar 2 came down on a rental as a piece of cake.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NewMelle View Post

Fewer problems maybe, but I'm not quite ready to puff on that one yet.

Instead of putting down the OS why not focus on the real issue. SF doesn't work regardless. I don't necessarily want to get into that Win7 VS Win10/11 BS so many sub-IQs enjoy. They both have their merits and their down sides as does Linux and Macintrash. The original point was it makes absolutely no difference which OS where the DRM issues are concerned. It's a software issue, not a user issue, not an OS issue.
                            Agree!!!

Comment

I ran into the same issue. Out of the frying pan, into the fire. Mods, if need be feel free to split this if it isn't deemed in line with the thread.

Grabbed the offline installer for 6.1.7.0 and it didn't go quite as planned.

Yes I did a clean install as this is strongly recommended by experienced members. No leftover REG entries either and if SF drops little pieces elsewhere other than the Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab directory and its install directory a list of these stray turds would be nice so I can remove them as well when troubleshooting. I didn't use an uninstaller as more than once they may have removed what I wanted removed but also broke other programs in the process, some expensive. I'm no stranger to the file system or registry and still even use the command line from time to time.

SF 6.1.7.0 crashes when even trying to access Amazon from either the Home or VIP Services tab.

In addition NO logs are created. The error report window does pop up, actually two pop up after you click OK on the first "Report Sent Successfully" popup. The one on top asks if I'd like to Restart StreamFab and irregardless of which I choose, Yes or No that window AND the report window both close with no option to provide helpful information in the report which is inaccessible while the Restart StreamFab popup is open. Also there is no way to click "To see what this report contains , click here." I was able to backdate to 6.1.6.9 and restore what functionality was there without issue though.

Once I backdate to 6.1.6.9 the Log folder and logs are recreated as expected. I went through this process 3 times just to be sure. Uninstall, clean the slate, reinstall. I'm assuming the crash reports were sent, probably 10 in all. Windows Event Viewer isn't much help though (no duh) however I did save the Report.wer file if it helps. It may be specific to my installation and installed applications but that's not likely to change anytime soon.

As much as I hate the idea I may have to move SF to the Win11 box if SF is ever fully functional again (the Win10 box is there solely so I can support Win10, same as 8.1). If it weren't for Open-Shell..... Well, no. Just NO. The media server I use is on the Win7 box and it's just more convenient.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6170.jpg
Views:	885
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	439998

Comment

Did you delete the contents of your Log and Temp folders before completely uninstalling (preferably using a "professional" uninstalled)? You have to also tell SF that you do NOT want to save your previous settings when asked. Then install the proper offline version for your computer (86/64) and reenter your settings manually. I've never had any problem using this method. If your problem persists, try re-downloading the update.

Comment

Working...
                                X