Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab for Windows 6.1.6.7 Disney is gone

disney download no longer works with version 6.1.6.7

the only reason why you stayed here is now also gone.
    i can't say whether it works in newer versions. as long as the upscale shit is there, i'll do a shit and update.​

edit: amazon doesn't seem to work anymore either. a proper analysis of the episodes no longer works here

edit2: the analysis with this workaround https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...around-6-1-6-7 works but the download does not start
    Last edited by Brozilla; 04-29-2024, 07:03 AM.
    You should see this. its way to funny: https://i.imgur.com/UmPh8Hu.png

Originally posted by Brozilla View Post

i can't say whether it works in newer versions. as long as the upscale shit is there, i'll do a shit and update.​

edit: amazon doesn't seem to work anymore either. a proper analysis of the episodes no longer works here

edit2: the analysis with this workaround https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...around-6-1-6-7 works but the download does not start
    As mentioned, this workaround is only there to get the analysis window working again. If the files don't load, it might be because they have the new DRM. You can no longer speak of a deadline at Amazon. They are starting to convert their entire catalog to the new DRM.

Comment

V 6.1.5.7 is very old. Extremely bad for everything, all the modules have DRM issues or are just plain broken. There comes a time when you just have to realize that StreamFab is finished. As I said, at one time it was a viable software program. It is a broken software that will never be what it once was. I could list everything that needs to be fixed but if you read this forum, you will see what I mean. Going back to old versions is not an answer. This whole program has regressed so far it's beyond fixing.
      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

You might as well stop downloading. One issue just makes another issue and so on etc. Each new version regresses into something that we never bought.
        Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

For Disney+ on 6.1.7.5 if a show isn't analyzing and showing the pick the epsides to download box, try going to a movie first, let it analyze, then instead of starting to download it, cancel and go back to the series.

Example: Start SF, go to D+, go to Ahsoka, it didn't analyze. When to D+ Home, Selected Frozen, analyzing box came up, hit cancel, went back to Ahsoka and it analyzed and I was able to download.

For amazon... um. due to DRM issues, I don't even bother anymore.

Comment

Thanks KidJoe . At least there's a workaround. Same here with Amazon. ZERO workarounds there.

Is 6.1.7.5 forced AAC 2.0 stereo and now re-encoding for D+?

Click image for larger version

Name:	band_aid_fix_sm.jpg
Views:	1196
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	441681
            Win11 Pro 22H2, no bloatware, no spyware, no crapware, no TPM, no Secure Boot, no MS account. And yes, you can dual boot 7 and 11.

Comment

Originally posted by NewMelle View Post
              Is 6.1.7.5 forced AAC 2.0 stereo and now re-encoding for D+?
              Not for what I downloaded.

Earth Moods (National Geographic) Season 1 all came down as EAC3 5.1, although 256kbps, audio. Wish and Lady and the Tramp (2019) download with EAC3 JOC 5.1 768kbps (DD+ w/Atmos) audio. With the Performance tab of Task Manager open, I did not see decode and encode spike on my GPU like I do with Amazon, and it was only a matter of minutes to finish.

EDIT: that being said, Hulu content on Disney+ like two Bon Jovi documentaries do NOT download from Disney+, I had to switch over to Hulu. That being said, I generally do download Hulu content in the Hulu downloader, but I was already in Disney+, saw them and decided lets try...
              Last edited by KidJoe; 04-29-2024, 07:48 PM.

Comment

I dunno whether you actually meant 6.1.5.7. or not, but 6.1.6.7 is still downloading - not re-encoding - both Hulu and D+.

However, sometime in the past 10 days since my last download the audio has now gone from EAC3 multi-channel to only AAC stereo on the SF DL menu - at least for Hulu's Shogun and the D+ Agent Carter series. This is not a Hulu or D+ limitation, since the competition's downloads are still in EAC3 6-channel,* so SF is obviously not even capable of maintaining what little download ability it did retain, which is not exactly breaking news to anyone here.

KidJoe I didn't try any other D+ content, so if you got EAC3 with NatGeo you might want to check any future downloads and see if your luck is still holding.

*Caveat: Agent Carter and other D+ content will only download in 720p with the competition, as opposed to 1080p with SF, but Hulu will download in 1080p.
                Last edited by artsunlimited; 04-30-2024, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Just downloaded some episodes of Agents of SHIELD from D+ last night, the audio was in EAC3. However, the version I used was 6.1.6.1

Comment

Originally posted by theresay View Post
                    Just downloaded some episodes of Agents of SHIELD from D+ last night, the audio was in EAC3. However, the version I used was 6.1.6.1
                    Thanks SO much for this info - I really owe you! 6.1.6.7. shows audio for Agents of SHIELD as AAC, so I re-installed 6.1.6.1. on my backup laptop and was able to get the episodes I wanted in EAC3, both for Hulu and D+. Since these two services are the only things I'm using SF for now, I'll just use that older version to download everything I might conceivably want to keep before it also stops working.
                    Last edited by artsunlimited; 05-01-2024, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Many issues have nothing to do with the DRM issue on January 25th, but rather disrupt some other things. Many issues apply to all versions, and currently no version is completely normal. The technical department is currently in a state of anxiety and helplessness, and the official team is in chaos

Comment

Originally posted by hizbf View Post
                        Many issues have nothing to do with the DRM issue on January 25th, but rather disrupt some other things. Many issues apply to all versions, and currently no version is completely normal. The technical department is currently in a state of anxiety and helplessness, and the official team is in chaos
                        Tell me about it. For years the observation here was that for every rollout that addressed one issue, it would disable two other functioning features.

They knew this DRM shakeup would be a gamechanger months before it happened and did nothing to prepare for it. They don't have the talent to adapt to it and lack the leadership to get competent developers who can. It's sad - and really disgusting - that a good product is just thrown away like this.
                        At this point SF is basically rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic - while still trying to book as many passengers as possible for the next voyage.

Comment

Originally posted by artsunlimited View Post
                          At this point SF is basically rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic - while still trying to book as many passengers as possible for the next voyage.
                          There couldn't be a more appropriate analogy.
                          Win11 Pro 22H2, no bloatware, no spyware, no crapware, no TPM, no Secure Boot, no MS account. And yes, you can dual boot 7 and 11.

Comment

Originally posted by artsunlimited View Post

Tell me about it. For years the observation here was that for every rollout that addressed one issue, it would disable two other functioning features.

They knew this DRM shakeup would be a gamechanger months before it happened and did nothing to prepare for it. They don't have the talent to adapt to it and lack the leadership to get competent developers who can. It's sad - and really disgusting - that a good product is just thrown away like this.
                            Since last year, many official websites supported by Streamfab have been unable to download videos. I have provided feedback to the authorities many times, but in the end, it has not been resolved. Their response to me has been that the issue is still being resolved, but it has not been resolved until now. In this post, Wilson Wang said that streamfab's technical team has not yet come up with a solution for DRM:

I am getting more and more down to see an unchanged flag at the start - we're 3 months from when DRM change occurred. The Techs etc may well be doing something, claims have been made - and turn out to be false Here's a new idea - how about a weekly update - on a Flag at the start - but for goodness sake - UPDATE
                            Last edited by hizbf; 05-01-2024, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hizbf View Post

Since last year, many official websites supported by Streamfab have been unable to download videos. I have provided feedback to the authorities many times, but in the end, it has not been resolved. Their response to me has been that the issue is still being resolved, but it has not been resolved until now. In this post, Wilson Wang said that streamfab's technical team has not yet come up with a solution for DRM:

I am getting more and more down to see an unchanged flag at the start - we're 3 months from when DRM change occurred. The Techs etc may well be doing something, claims have been made - and turn out to be false Here's a new idea - how about a weekly update - on a Flag at the start - but for goodness sake - UPDATE
                              There has been no update, so if you're down at seeing that unchanging flag, there's a good reason - it ain't fixed.

All you need to do is read what Cats4U and jpp72 have posted on this forum regarding their interactions with Wilson et al to realize that your feedback is going into the proverbial round file. There isn't going to be any "resolution" unless they hire a team who can break this latest CDM - which they aren't going to do, since all their efforts now are focused on pretending screen recording is the same as downloading. See, SF has been significantly behind the curve for the past two plus years, when their focus shifted from maintaining major global streaming sites to cranking out add-on modules for anything that had a subscription list of 25 people or less. While the competition was busily cracking this current CDM some four months before Google revoked the old one in January, they couldn't be bothered because that short-money grab was all that mattered. They knew it was going to happen and did nothing - that alone should tell you all you need to know.

What all of this comes down to is: you need to accept that "the issue is being resolved" is a big fat lie. All they're working on is fixing bugs in their stopgap screen recorder and trying to look like they're accomplishing something re the DRM to get people to renew their licenses - when they simply don't have anyone who's capable of that task. Not one DRM key has been cracked since January, but yeah, it'll be fixed any week now. No, really. Aaany week now. Uh, next week, for sure.

Your wanting a weekly update from SF just means you want to be lied to in new and different ways every 7 days - and as they aren't very inventive and obviously can't tapdance for sh*t, that'd also be a disappointment. They should be accountable to their customers - but sadly, that isn't going to happen.
                              Last edited by artsunlimited; 05-01-2024, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X