No announcement yet.

StreamFab v6.1.7.9: What doesn't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sure not a high priority, but can't access the Roku channel as soon as you try to load it tries to analyze and comes back with an error, so you can't go any further.
    Added note there were several reports of getting paid items from Roku you have to log in and people get verify you're a human and can't bypass.
    Can't even get to log in as all it does, when going to the site in SF, is keeps trying to analyze and then fails. (https://prnt.sc/85LrtMTXm10r)
    Went back to 6170 and did the same, tried 6167 and that won't even download from the site.

Tubi and Pluto seem to work ok.
    Thecw works, but has been like this, no options for resolution, like Amazon etc.

-

ADDED: I wanted to note I now did see where Prime Video Audio Quality issues are DRM-related. This is for my previous post.
    So, after running out of ideas on how to get through to the powers that be, my last ditch effort is to make a post with every new version and keep pointing out new things that don't work but, more importantly, this that are still broken (besides the DRM they will never crack unless it's released on Github). Here we go:

It's possible it also refers to Peacock, although older content can still be received in full audio with 6167. Still, 6167 is starting to show its age and having some issues with the Peacock site.
    Last edited by Stan001; 05-25-2024, 11:19 PM.
    Streamfab DEFAULT, WINDOWS 10/11, locations:

%HOMEPATH%\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab

%HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab

Comment

Originally posted by walker189 View Post
      No replaced libraries or scripts. To clarify - this only occurred when I tried to use settings other than the default settings. If after analysis I just hit download now, it worked fine in H264 at 1920x1080. When I tried H265, or DolbyVIsion or 4K version - that's when I got no video, just still image. AS also reporting no 4K version, only 1600x670
      I downloaded those in H265. No issues like i said. I really think you should do a full uninstall and re-install
      How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

If you want to bounce back to older versions from newer ones for testing or compatibility without the constant upgrade nags make sure SF isn't running and rename StreamUpdate.exe to StreamUpdate.exe.NOT.
        Win11 Pro 22H2, no bloatware, no spyware, no crapware, no TPM, no Secure Boot, no MS account. And yes, you can dual boot 7 and 11.

Comment

is primevideo old movies working with any of the old streamfab version ?

Comment

I don't know if this is the case with the newer versions, but since there has been no update, I assume that the problem still exists:

Amazon:
            Naming template output with audio codec
            When downloading in EAC3 (CBR, x264) it often happens that the title is named AAC although the audio track is EAC3.

I have already mentioned this here:
            hi, it often happens with amazon (perhaps other modules too) that the audio codec naming is wrong. it is sometimes output as aac although it is eac3 ​

You should see this. its way to funny: https://i.imgur.com/UmPh8Hu.png

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Amazon_Prime_Video_logo.svg.png
Views:	572
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	443033

I forgot about this regression in the Amazon module:
              • Bitrate labels are inaccurate in MPD. StreamFab used to show a calculated bitrate instead of the generic label. Now it's back to the generic label.

v6.1.6.7: Calculated Bitrates

Name:	image.png
Views:	664
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	443031

v6.1.7.9: Generic Bitrates:

Name:	image.png
Views:	591
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	443032

This is extremely frustrating. What king of source code versioning tool do they use? I am guessing it's some sort of Git but even if it's SVN, how hard is it to rebase your code so regressions like this don't happen??? I am just speechless.

Anyway, the calculated bitrates should also be added to Hulu to fix the issue. ​

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
                Click image for larger version  Name:	Amazon_Prime_Video_logo.svg.png Views:	0 Size:	7.5 KB ID:	443033

I forgot about this regression in the Amazon module:
                • Bitrate labels are inaccurate in MPD. StreamFab used to show a calculated bitrate instead of the generic label. Now it's back to the generic label.

v6.1.6.7: Calculated Bitrates

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	120.7 KB ID:	443031

v6.1.7.9: Generic Bitrates:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	120.7 KB ID:	443032

This is extremely frustrating. What king of source code versioning tool do they use? I am guessing it's some sort of Git but even if it's SVN, how hard is it to rebase your code so regressions like this don't happen??? I am just speechless.

Anyway, the calculated bitrates should also be added to Hulu to fix the issue. ​
                I think they only did that because of the recoding.

Maybe the original bitrate doesn't matter. Because the video is just filmed from the original anyway.​

Comment

Originally posted by Sebastian001 View Post

I think they only did that because of the recoding.

Maybe the original bitrate doesn't matter. Because the video is just filmed from the original anyway.​
                  Not sure what you mean... There are still plenty of things that can be downloaded and not re-encoded. So why not show me exactly what i am downloading?

Also, if it's for the re-encode, why not actually use the generic bitrate as the re-encode bitrate?

You are giving them way too much credit. It is simply regression while trying to use old code. They have done that before with Amazon. It used to estimate the size of the Video AND Audio. Then they used old code and it was gone. I complained about it but because i didn't specify both Video and Audio used to have the size, they only fixed the Video size estimate. Incompetence pure and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

Not sure what you mean... There are still plenty of things that can be downloaded and not re-encoded. So why not show me exactly what i am downloading?

Also, if it's for the re-encode, why not actually use the generic bitrate as the re-encode bitrate?

You are giving them way too much credit. It is simply regression while trying to use old code. They have done that before with Amazon. It used to estimate the size of the Video AND Audio. Then they used old code and it was gone. I complained about it but because i didn't specify both Video and Audio used to have the size, they only fixed the Video size estimate. Incompetence pure and simple.
                    OK, it was just my guess... Yes, I've become a little quieter in my criticism. It's making me tired of this company lately...

I've been thinking for days about whether I should list my bugs here too or whether it's just pointless. I still haven't made a decision.

Unfortunately, I can hardly find anything in 1080p on Amazon (Germany). The chance of getting a complete series is 0%​

Comment

Originally posted by Idreams View Post
                      is primevideo old movies working with any of the old streamfab version ?
                      Why dont you try it.l
                      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Brozilla View Post
                        I don't know if this is the case with the newer versions, but since there has been no update, I assume that the problem still exists:

Amazon:
                        Naming template output with audio codec
                        When downloading in EAC3 (CBR, x264) it often happens that the title is named AAC although the audio track is EAC3.

I have already mentioned this here:
                        hi, it often happens with amazon (perhaps other modules too) that the audio codec naming is wrong. it is sometimes output as aac although it is eac3 ​

netflix has the same problem.
                        so i assume that it will also be a problem with the other modules​
                        You should see this. its way to funny: https://i.imgur.com/UmPh8Hu.png

Comment

Klicken Sie auf das Bild für eine größere Version  Name: Screenshot 2024-05-28 220858.jpg Aufrufe: 0 Größe: 5.1 KB Kennung: 443095
                          • Die während des Downloadvorgangs angezeigte Auflösung ist falsch. Auf dem Display steht 720p, aber in Wirklichkeit ist es nur SD.

Klicken Sie auf das Bild für eine größere Version  Name: Screenshot 2024-05-28 213359.jpg Aufrufe: 0 Größe: 78.5 KB Kennung: 443096

Klicken Sie auf das Bild für eine größere Version  Name: Screenshot 2024-05-28 213505.jpg Aufrufe: 0 Größe: 81.5 KB Kennung: 443098

Name:	Screenshot 2024-05-28 215654.jpg
Views:	855
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	443097

Comment

Name:	Screenshot 2024-05-28 223329.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	443102
                            • Rakuten TV is not displayed in the respective national language in the Streamfab browser. I see Japan. I should get Germany.

Name:	Screenshot 2024-05-28 215807.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	443103

Comment

Name:	Screenshot 2024-05-28 223939.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	6.2 KB
ID:	443105
                              • In the feedback function within Streamfab, entering Ä Ö Ü causes a sending error.

Name:	Screenshot 2024-05-28 220627.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	443106

Comment

Name:	Screenshot 2024-05-28 231254.jpg
Views:	821
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	443119
                                • HBO Max can be removed. It no longer exists.

Comment

Working...
                                X