No announcement yet.

Download speed extremely slow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried downloading SRT files along with the movie. No joy. I tried the "Original Format" option while downloading the movie. No joy. I tried the "Subtitle Only" option with SRT. No joy. Finally tried "Subtitles Only" and selected "Original Format". That worked!! I got a TTML file which is easy enough to convert.

Probably worth noting the movies in question are from a premium subscription - Mubi. Something must have changed in subtitle formats somewhere and the conversion code needs tweaking.

I am happy to have Amazon and Netflix back. I suspect it's only a matter of time before some of the DRM becomes un-crackable.

Comment

I never noticed the "Original Format" option, but then I've always had the program mux the subtitles into the video file. I tried your suggestion and it worked for me as well. The program Subtitle Edit that I use for manipulating SRT subtitles can open the TTML file and save it as an SRT file. I have a batch file that can then mux it into the MP4 file using FFMPEG. Would save a few steps if StreamFab would remux the subtitles into the MP4 file as it used to.

Comment

Here's the TTML file that I downloaded (I deleted all subtitle lines except the first, replacing the deleted lines with the ". . ."):
        Code:
        <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
        <tt xmlns="http://www.w3.org/ns/ttml" xmlns:tts="http://www.w3.org/ns/ttml#styling" ttp:version="2" xmlns:ttm="http://www.w3.org/ns/ttml#metadata" xmlns:ttp="http://www.w3.org/ns/ttml#parameter" xml:lang="en-US">
        <head>
        <styling>
        <style xml:id="AmazonDefaultStyle" tts:fontFamily="monospace" tts:color="white" tts:fontSize="1c"></style>
        </styling>
        <layout>
        <region xml:id="AmazonDefaultRegion" tts:extent="80% 15%" tts:origin="10% 80%" tts:displayAlign="after" tts:textAlign="center"></region>
        </layout>
        </head>
        <body>
        <div>
        <p begin="00:00:01.346" end="00:00:05.488" region="AmazonDefaultRegion" style="AmazonDefaultStyle"> [ominous orchestral music]</p>
        . . .
        </div>
        </body></tt>​

Comment

for me amazon download is fast but netflix downloads are very very slow

Comment

Netflix isnt back
            You should see this. its way to funny: https://i.imgur.com/UmPh8Hu.png

Comment

Back to the subtitles. It's a problem with the update process. I completely uninstalled SF and reinstalled it. Now subtitles are loading.
              Post 230 and the following in this thread:

This company is unreal. They released yet another version of StreamFab only to advertise about another new module WOWOW instead of trying to fix Netflix. So sad. They obviously don't care. I don't even know what to say or think anymore. Everyone should just forget about this company and go to the competition (AnyStream) as they

Comment

Originally posted by Brozilla View Post
                Netflix isnt back
                is netflix still reencoding ?

Comment

Originally posted by Idreams View Post

is netflix still reencoding ?
                  Yes for all but 10 or so titles.
                  Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post

How can I tell if it is reencoding? With the new version of StreamFab, I have downloaded movies from Netflix that said it was 1080p they were not on their list. They only took about 7 minutes to download.

Thanks,
                    Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post

Released after Jan 25th. Anything older uses download mode in 1080p but only H264. No H265
                      How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

I can confirm that the reinstall as suggested by dasauge​ fixed the subtitle issue for me.Subtitles are now working as expected.

Comment

I don't understand why no one here thinks that the only reason this company still exists is because they are in China and US and European authorities can't touch them. China is a communist nation, they have no standing in the West.

Comment

Originally posted by crarbo1 View Post

How can I tell if it is reencoding? With the new version of StreamFab, I have downloaded movies from Netflix that said it was 1080p they were not on their list. They only took about 7 minutes to download.

Thanks,
                            Chuck
                            Lucky you. I tried to download Scoop and while the download phase was reasonable, after 20 minutes of "processing" that moved the bar only 1/5 of the way and was using an average of 80% of my CPU I cancelled, because it was obviously not doing a direct download.

Comment

Originally posted by artsunlimited View Post

Lucky you. I tried to download Scoop and while the download phase was reasonable, after 20 minutes of "processing" that moved the bar only 1/5 of the way and was using an average of 80% of my CPU I cancelled, because it was obviously not doing a direct download.
                              Hulu took over 90 minutes to download 8 episodes of "Devs", most of the time was analyzing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bithunter_Hardy View Post
                                StreamFab 6.1.8.1: The download speed of videos from Amazon Prime is extremely slow. But EAC 5.1 Audio now works.
                                I can confirm that Amazon's speed is blazing fast. The progress bar isn't as smooth as it used to be, that's the only thing, but I can live with that, for now.

Comment

Working...
                                X