No announcement yet.

Netflix Analyzing Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are we gonna get Netflix fixed again? I still can't pick any settings like H265 or VP9.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenobi View Post
      I have the same issue, and my workaround is that instead of clicking play or on the title itself, click on the "down chevron" which is on the right hand side of the popup when you hover over the title. This way you should get the Analyzer popup every time, and also the movie doesn't start playing at all which is also a good thing.
      This is an excellent little workaround, moreso coz there's no playback crap too. Thanks Jenobi

Comment

Originally posted by fanatic View Post
        Are we gonna get Netflix fixed again? I still can't pick any settings like H265 or VP9.
        if you would have read the last few patch notes you would have seen that H265 was removed from Netflix all together.

Comment

Now, if they fixed MAX, we would almost be in bliss. I do not think MAX will be so hard to fix. If you regress to 6.1.8.4, MAX will work, so I guess they have to make some changes in the code. I sent them a report, and the response was ridiculous. I told them Netflix was fixed and said to them that MAX was still not working, even in 720p. All it does is analyze, and they told me to try the new version, 6.1.8.7. I am sure they do not beta-test these versions before release.
          Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Baudner View Post

if you would have read the last few patch notes you would have seen that H265 was removed from Netflix all together.
            It says Netflix is no longer using H265 SDR. Which would mean and please correct me if I'm wrong, that Netflix is still using H265 HDR.

Comment

It could be Netflix as Netflix has issues, it could also be SF.
              I get weird results even just using H246. For a few movies, I get a better bit rate using main profile versus high, and for some, I got better results with high.
              It seems Netflix for sure is doing something with H265, as if you try a series with a number of episodes and set them to H265 it will stop after approximately 2 episodes.
              So I just leave SF set to H264.

I don't fully get the added AV1 as some claim it gives even lower quality. And for me just checking trying VP9 there is no difference in high or main and lower bit rates than H464.
              Although I looked at av1 and get a higher bit rate than VP9, but still a higher bit rate in H264.

And I get the option of H265, but then the movie gets downloaded in H264, even a new movie.
              So maybe give up on Netflix because it seems like also most of the movies that get my attention are only in 540p.
              Streamfab DEFAULT, WINDOWS 10/11, locations:

%HOMEPATH%\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab

%HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab

Comment

Ok, So I think I figured out a workaround for the issue. Pick whatever it is you want to download and let it play. Once it starts playing refresh SF and it should analyze the video. I judt did that for netflix.
                How do you do a "refresh" ? What sequence?

It says Netflix is no longer using H265 SDR. Which would mean and please correct me if I'm wrong, that Netflix is still using H265 HDR.

You are correct. H265 is still a thing, just not SDR.
                I leave my program at h265 Dolby Vision. If a show or movie is only in h264, it still works fine.

Last time I used NF, it appears to have reverted a bit. When I click the Chevron it does not analyze. But when I click the episode it analyzes. Truthfully, that is PERFECT! But I know is not normal behavior, so a new broken status is probably in the making.

Comment

I'm Getting the Same Thing! This is on Mac version 6.1.8.5. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2024-07-10 at 3.33.08 PM.png
Views:	362
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	446081
                  Attached Files

Comment

I'm Getting the Same Thing! This is on Mac version 6.1.8.5.

Comment

Originally posted by gsargent51 View Post
                      I'm Getting the Same Thing! This is on Mac version 6.1.8.5. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2024-07-10 at 3.33.08 PM.png
Views:	362
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	446081
                      Yeah, as sad as it sounds. Just get a Windows Machine for SF and (unfortunately) buy SF again. The Devs just dont rly care about the Mac version, and who can blame them? The SF userbase probably does not even have 5% Mac users overall.

Comment

Working...
                      X