MAX - 6.1.8.7 Stuck analyzing, have to force close app

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAX - 6.1.8.7 Stuck analyzing, have to force close app

So I had been running the "fixed" 6.1.8.4 that Wilson.Wang had posted. I hadn't upgraded due to now downloading much. I just upgraded to 6.1.8.7 using the offline installer. Before trying to download anything, I deleted the contents of my StreamFab Log and Temp folders.

In Max, when trying to download anything, it starts playing with the "Analyzing" pop-up on the screen and never completes. If I click Cancel, the movie keeps playing. If I hit the back button in the Max window to exit the playback (not the back arrow of the Fab UI), the "analyzing pop-up shows again, but this time, if you click cancel nothing happens. My only option is to force close the app (using task manager).

Logs attached.
    Attached Files

Did you actually remove all remnants during the uninstallation? Was a tool used to do this?

Comment

I have the same problem as KidJoe with v 6.1.8.7 on Max trying to download Godzilla X Kong The New Empire. StreamFab.log

Comment

Originally posted by Sebastian001 View Post
        Did you actually remove all remnants during the uninstallation? Was a tool used to do this?
        No. I did not uninstall the older version of StreamFab first. I just did my normal... Make sure nothing is in the Download Queue for StreamFab, exit StreamFab, run the off-line installer to install over top of the existing install, delete the logs/temp folders, and go.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
          No. I did not uninstall the older version of StreamFab first. I just did my normal... Make sure nothing is in the Download Queue for StreamFab, exit StreamFab, run the off-line installer to install over top of the existing install, delete the logs/temp folders, and go.
          did you reboot your computer when you reinstalled streamfab ??

Comment

Also, don't constraint yourself and just reinstall the whole OS while you're at it. SF will still not work but at least you will know it wasn't needed anyway

Seriously though, if that much is required for an update of a software to just work as intended, it is a bug in itself and this whole black-box 'professional uninstaller' voodoo stuff should not be needed at all.

By the way, I have exactly the same problem with Max. 6.1.8.5 worked 'fine' - I mean, it wasn't downloading subtitles at all and hung 50% of the time during downloads, also sometimes messed up the quality and downloaded 576p instead of 720p - but at least something got downloaded. With 6.1.8.7, I get nothing.

Comment

upgraded minutes ago to SF 6187, my queue was already empty. Deleted ALL content of temp folder, then re run SF. Netflix now is ok!!!!

Comment

Is anyone successful with MAX at all? All it does is analyze for me. Nothing ever downloads.
                Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
                  Is anyone successful with MAX at all? All it does is analyze for me. Nothing ever downloads.
                  I rolled back to the 6.1.8.4 that Wilson posted in the other thread... its working for Max. But I guess that older version now has Netflix issues?

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
                    Same for me.

Comment

Can we possibly get an update on how much longer till we can download 1080p from MAX and not just have to rely on MAX on amazon?

Comment

Originally posted by fanatic View Post
                        Can we possibly get an update on how much longer till we can download 1080p from MAX and not just have to rely on MAX on amazon?
                        Good question.
                        Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by fanatic View Post
                          I don't think they know. Its been stuck this way since a DRM change in Mid-December (see THIS THREAD for discussion) . So its totally unrelated to the Jan 25 DRM change that impacted everything else.

Comment

You can't be serious? You're reinstalling the program over the program... You're doing more damage than can be done!

Comment

Here is a very good guide from Cats4U

Howdy, I'm having issues with the Netflix Downloader. StreamFab Version, Platform, and OS: v6.1.8.4 Win x64, Windows 11 Pro Region/Country: EU Container: MP4 Video Codec: H264 Main Video Bitrate: 1920x1080 @ 4951kbps Audio Channels: 2.0, 5.1 Audio Language: English, German So, I've had this issue regardless of version,

Comment

Working...
                              X