No announcement yet.

Peacock still broken (Server not found)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peacock Peacock still broken (Server not found)

Wilson.Wang

Streamfab.log, at 2198 KB is too large. ​I can attach qef.log. Any advice on how to get the large streamfab.log attached would be appreciated.

Log and temp files deleted. Uninstalled with Revo uninstaller.

In the USA. No VPN. No proxy.

Same issue that started back in 6.1.9.0, Sometimes downloads are successful, sometime they fail multiple times and then succeed. Before 6.1.9.0 there was no issues with peacock downloads failing.

Multiple CLEAN installs of each 6.1.9.0, 6.1.9.1, 6.9.1. 2 and 6.9.1.3 did not resolve the issue. Today's CLEAN install of 6.9.1.4 still did not resolve the issue. Deleting the temp and log files does not resolve the issue.

Peacock is broken for me. Some say they have no issues. Some say connecting with a VPN in Boston is the only way it works for them.

IMO, YMMV, using a VPN or proxy should not be needed for someone in the USA.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Streamfab log size.jpg Views:	2 Size:	24.4 KB ID:	448448

Click image for larger version  Name:	6.1.9.4 still fails 2.jpg Views:	2 Size:	39.8 KB ID:	448451

Click image for larger version  Name:	peacock still fails.jpg Views:	2 Size:	71.1 KB ID:	448452

Click image for larger version  Name:	uninstalled streamfab.jpg Views:	2 Size:	75.7 KB ID:	448453
    Attached Files
    Last edited by flylow+; 08-16-2024, 10:04 AM.

Tried again, another failure. New streamfab. log is still too large at 2254KB.

Click image for larger version

Name:	new log too big.jpg
Views:	1333
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	448458

Name:	another fail.jpg
Views:	1347
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	448459

Comment

After over a dozen tries the download succeeded with a streamfab.log file size of 160KB.

But a log file from successful download won't help.

Name:	success download.jpg
Views:	1339
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	448465

Comment

My log file after failure appear to be mostly filled with code 203. Appears to be hundreds and hundreds of lines with "Not Found, code 203"

Click image for larger version  Name:	hope this helps someone.jpg Views:	0 Size:	98.7 KB ID:	448470

Click image for larger version  Name:	203.jpg Views:	0 Size:	246.1 KB ID:	448469

Comment

Wilson.Wang, several users are still getting this issue. It's very sporadic and is unpredictable. Some shows download fine others get the same issue over and over, some have been attempted as many as 10 times and not work. Some then finally do work.
          I, too, am in the USA in the Northeast section of the USA. We have been dealing with the same or similar issue since the Olympics started on Peacock, and that was the initial thought as to why this was happening.
          A FIX was 'attempted' in 6193 but ONLY fixed it for some and NOT others including me. NO mention of a Peacock fix at all for 6194.
          Each version now I have to do my usual and uninstall SF clean up any and all leftovers from streamfab, and install from the full installer. This was done at least for versions 6192, 6193 and 6194.
          **Just an off note this should NOT have to be done as for a long time I was always able to use the updater in SF or sometimes just download the offline installer and install over old versions.**

Anyway, a screenshot below shows the issue, why this happens for some and not others is NOT known as well as why some shows work and others don't. Why SF is not getting the info it needs on some shows and other shows it does is unknown.

Click image for larger version  Name:	-q4grikWSDyOj_0aEGAHQw.png Views:	1 Size:	52.9 KB ID:	448478

For those that have the issue, it can be repeated numerous times on the same content, and again sometimes multiple attempts work, many times not.
          Even a few times going back to 6191 worked and then times it did not.

Fix it or don't fix it, that's fine, I have ways to get the content, but is a PITA and will have to continue until if/when it's fixed in streamfab.

ADDED: I also have Xfinity Internet, which is associated directly with Peacock, NO banned IP or account as again many items work, but a good amount doesn't.
          No VPN is being used during this problem, no nothing, exact same setup that has worked for years.
          In case this might be an issue, it is using Windows 11 Pro, but I don't see anything on my end other than SF having the issue itself.
          It doesn't happen with all shows on Peacock, and the biggest thing of all is all PLAY in a Chrome or Firefox browser, with NO issue.
          I can NOT verify if it plays in SF as no matter what once you select the item SF starts analyzing preventing the user from testing if it plays in SF or not.
          Last edited by Stan001; 08-16-2024, 02:33 PM.
          Streamfab DEFAULT, WINDOWS 10/11, locations:

%HOMEPATH%\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab

%HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab

Comment

Stan001​ can you post a log file or is it too large?

I too have xfinity Internet. Peacock is free because I have an Instacart yearly subscription.

Same as before I experienced the issue, I use Cloudfare DNS

IPv4 1.1.1.1 primary 1.0.0.1 secondary

IPv6 2606:4700:4700::1111 primary 2606:4700:4700::1001 secondary

Windows 11 Home 23H2 Build 22631.4037

Same issue on my Windows 10 computer with 6.1.9.3, install was done just for testing purposes because it had never had Streamfab installed on it.
            Last edited by flylow+; 08-16-2024, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by flylow+ View Post
              Stan001​ can you post a log file or is it too large?

I too have xfinity Internet. Peacock is free because I have an Instacart yearly subscription.

Same as before I experienced the issue, I use Cloudfare DNS

IPv4 1.1.1.1 primary 1.0.0.1 secondary

IPv6 2606:4700:4700::1111 primary 2606:4700:4700::1001 secondary
              I am working on trying to get a good full log and see then if I can attach.

I have tried Cloudfare DNS, Open DNS, and even Google DNS, as well as others.
              Still have the issues. I found a pretty good list of DNS and there are even more not on this site (here).

Comment

Originally posted by Stan001
                Streamfab log, zipped.

Good idea!

Here is mine:
                StreamFab.zip
                Attached Files

Comment

Mine did not go just right, so I am doing it again
                  Attached Files

Comment

Wilson.Wang, you wanted a Peacock log, here is mine.

Using 6.1.9.4 that was clean installed. The first part of the log is a direct download of yesterday's Morning Joe episode.

Name:	Screenshot 2024-08-16 10.57.33 AM.png
Views:	1338
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	448494

I canceled the download after about 2 minutes because the % never changed from 0% and 0 segments came down, although the KB/s continued to be displayed.
                    The second part of the log (which I did notate in the log) is downloading the same episode using a VPN to Boston. The download is successful. Hopefully the comparison of the two will be helpful to the developer to finally solve this problem.

[ATTACH]n448495[/ATTACH]

Comment

After even more troubleshooting, I did finally get it to play inside SF, so go figure.
                      If just errors if you try to download in download Que.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
                        ... the % never changed from 0% and 0 segments came down, although the KB/s continued to be displayed. ...[
                        Happens too me too. If i leave it alone and let it finish then eventually it fails with a red bar showing as in my pics in post #1.

If I click pause and then restart it if it shows audio is downloading with a green progress bar and that signals me the download will be successful.

Attaching a log file from a successful download to this post

StreamFab successful.log
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by flylow+; 08-16-2024, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Whoops! Somehow I misplaced the original direct download which failed. The StreamFab.log I just uploaded is just the VPN try. I'm going to go back now and do another direct download and will upload the log separately.

Comment

Sorry for the delay, but they won't look at this until Monday anyway.

Wilson.Wang, this is the direct download StreamFab.log that fails. The other earlier upload in Msg # 10 is the VPN to Boston download, which was successful. Sorry for the confusion. I meant to have them together, but I somehow lost the first part during the merge.

StreamFab.log

Comment

Originally posted by Stan001 View Post
                              After even more troubleshooting, I did finally get it to play inside SF, so go figure.
                              If just errors if you try to download in download Que.
                              If you are trying to say that users can download Peacock files if they use Download Now rather Add to Queue, I have not found that to be true.

Comment

Working...
                              X