Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jbinkley60 View Post
    1. Stop StreamFab
    2. Delete the contents of the %AppData%\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab\taskdata folder
    3. Restart StreamFab

That has always worked for me when I get this type of issue.

Might be worth trying and see if it works for you.​
    Since it was mentioned in the original Peacock Broken thread that was closed I tried it around a half dozen times with no luck. Crossing my fingers has been just as effective for me.

None of the tricks resolve the issue for me. I even tried installing on a different computer that streamfab had never been installed on and experienced the same issue. Only in Peacock, no issues in Hulu, Paramount+, Pluto, amazon, Tubi and on and on.

Only trick that has been discussed that I have not tried is to use a VPN and connect to Boston.

IMO, YMMV, all we can do at this time is to wait and see if the issue is resolved with the next update or two. In the last reply to my support ticket said they are working on this issue that some, but not all, are experiencing. So. IMO, it is fairly safe to assume the developers knows the problem exists and hopefully is able to resolve it soon.

Originally posted by flylow+ View Post
    Deleting entire Temp folder doesn't resolve the issue for me. Note the temp folder includes the "outputTemp\Peacock" folder. Issue occurs after deleting the temp and​ log files and restarting Streamfab. Issue occurs after deleting the temp and​ log files and the AppData\Roaming\DVDFab​ folder then uninstalling with Revo uninstaller that deletes orphan files. Then Using CCleaner to delete a registry entry or two that Revo did not remove. Then the new install of Streamfab in which the "StreamFabTemp\outputTemp\Peacock" folder starts as completely empty has the same issue.

Click image for larger version  Name:	203.jpg Views:	0 Size:	246.1 KB ID:	449189
    Last edited by flylow+; 08-25-2024, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Since it was mentioned in the original Peacock Broken thread that was closed I tried it around a half dozen times with no luck. Crossing my fingers has been just as effective for me.

None of the tricks resolve the issue for me. I even tried installing on a different computer that streamfab had never been installed on and experienced the same issue. Only in Peacock, no issues in Hulu, Paramount+, Pluto, amazon, Tubi and on and on.

Only trick that has been discussed that I have not tried is to use a VPN and connect to Boston.

IMO, YMMV, all we can do at this time is to wait and see if the issue is resolved with the next update or two. In the last reply to my support ticket said they are working on this issue that some, but not all, are experiencing. So. IMO, it is fairly safe to assume the developers knows the problem exists and hopefully is able to resolve it soon.

Click image for larger version Name:	203.jpg Views:	0 Size:	246.1 KB ID:	449189
      Ok. I thought it might be worth a try. I had seen the delete temp folder trick mentioned in this thread and that never worked for me. Deleting the taskdata folder has worked effectively with HBO Max but I haven't had to use it for a few weeks. I didn't realize it had been discussed in a previous Peacock thread. ironically I've never had an issue with Peacock. I am in the Midwest US.

Looking at your logs above that is a different issue than what I saw. That's not a DNS issue but instead an Akamai CDN URI issue where the CDN server is replying (so DNS worked) with a 403/404 not found error. This could be an Akamai security issue or something more simple where the content time is aging out and no longer available, hence the not found error. The StreamFab developers will need to dig into this more.

Jeff

Comment

> That's not a DNS issue but instead an Akamai CDN URI issue

I've kept a low profile so far, as I've never had access to Peacock.

That's why I don't read everything, but I notice two things:
        - not everyone has the same problem (some only on MSNBC shows)
        - some can fix the problem using VPN Boston (see also old thread)

This tends to lead me to believe that the problem is not caused by SF.
        That's why I have to ask the question:

How should SF be able to solve Peacock's CDN problem?

Please don't crucify me - it's just my personal opinion​

Comment

...the CDN server is replying (so DNS worked) with a 403/404 not found error.
          I see "server replied: Not Found, code : 203". I don't see 403/404 so maybe my old eyeballs are missing something. dunno

Also mentioned in the log is audio/seg-0_8.4.tmp" Note if the progress bar turns green when "Downloading Audio" in the beginning - right after "Analyzing" then the download is successful. If it does not turn green then it fails. Hit the pause icon to cancel then the play icon to retry. Might take a couple of retries or still fail after over a dozen retries.

Click image for larger version

Name:	log 2.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	449193

Comment

Originally posted by Germania View Post
            - not everyone has the same problem (some only on MSNBC shows)
            Some might not have tried a non-MSNBC show that is affected. Most other shows download successfully for me on the first try except for the MSNBC shows. But I do come across a few others that fail on the first attempts.

This tends to lead me to believe that the problem is not caused by SF.
            That's why I have to ask the question:

How should SF be able to solve Peacock's CDN problem?
            Streamfab replied to my support ticket saying "the developer is working on it, please kindly wait". Do you think they would claim they are working on it if it is a Peacock CDN problem?

IMO, YMMV, if the problem is not something they can fix they should have been honest enough to admit it so we could stop wasting our time waiting for a fix.
            Last edited by flylow+; 08-25-2024, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Streamfab replied to my support ticket saying "the developer is working on it, please kindly wait".
              Do you think they would claim they are working on it if it is a Peacock CDN problem?
              "working on it" probably means to "investigate it"

Two weeks ago, we had already gotten this far ..
              .. later the thread was closed

Comment

"working on it" probably means to "investigate it"
                If so I, YMMV, will find it difficult to believe anything they say in the future. Since English is most likely not their first language shouldn't they take extra care when they replied 2 days ago, with "the developer is working on it, please kindly wait" to a support ticket that mention this thread? And included the log file and images I posted in this thread?

4 Days ago they said "We have recorded the problem you encountered and will solve the problem as soon as possible based on this information. Please wait patiently for the release of new versions in the future".

My take from what they wrote is 4 days ago they were investigating and 2 days ago they were at least beginning to attempt to resolve it.

I am not going to assume whether they can or cannot fix the issue but a better attempt at communicating would be greatly appreciated.

Two weeks ago, we had already gotten this far ..
                .. later the thread was closed

The closed thread was started on 07-26-2024, 29 days ago.

I started this thread on 08-16-2024 as requested when they closed the original thread. Someone added (Server not found) to the title later on.

Last edited by flylow+; 08-25-2024, 02:14 PM.

Comment

I see "server replied: Not Found, code : 203". I don't see 403/404 so maybe my old eyeballs are missing something. dunno

Also mentioned in the log is audio/seg-0_8.4.tmp" Note if the progress bar turns green when "Downloading Audio" in the beginning - right after "Analyzing" then the download is successful. If it does not turn green then it fails. Hit the pause icon to cancel then the play icon to retry. Might take a couple of retries or still fail after over a dozen retries.

Click image for larger version

Name:	log 2.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	449193

Ahh, sorry. I didn't look far enough to the left to see the 203. Not founds are typically 403/404 errors. A 203 indicates a proxy in the middle, the server not maintaining states between servers or some type of session tracking getting dropped / session change which means the server can't track subsequent pieces of a conversation with the client. CDNs typically spray inbound requests across an array of servers and track the session with some form of a session identifier. If StreamFab isn't aligning to what the CDN server expects then a 203 can occur.

Proxies can cause this problem too because they, like the servers, often spray traffic across multiple proxies which can cause the session to appear to change with the receiving server. This could be why he VPN to Boston is working because the VPN may be forcing a proxy lock-in which isn't changing or is bypass your local Internet providers outbound proxy array, which could be causing the problem with session tracking.

In any case this all appears to be a session tracking issue.

Thanks,

Jeff

Comment

> That's not a DNS issue but instead an Akamai CDN URI issue

Please don't crucify me - it's just my personal opinion​
                    No cross for you. I've said from near the beginning of the problem that it was a Peacock CDN issue. My theory is that some of the CDNs have been changed in some way that SF has trouble communicating with them. Boston is not the only VPN server I can connect to a CDN that is able to communicate with SF, but it is the most consistent for me. 100%, to be exact. Others are hit or miss. This might go along with JBinkley60's comments on session tracking. One thing is certain, the Peacock CDN that is local to me is one of the ones that have changed, and my connection to it for a download is now always 0%. The SF developer should be able to trace what is different between the CDN that works and the one that doesn't and make the necessary corrections. With that in mind, I have already sent in examples of my StreamFab.log from both working (Boston VPN) and non-working (local) sessions.

Comment

> No cross for you

I was lucky then.

> Boston is not the only VPN server I can connect to a CDN that is able to communicate with SF

From the old thread:
                      Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
                      NordVPN or Express VPN is used for testing, I can confirm that Peacock can works well with NordVPN or Express VPN, but not all of US VPN servers, we may need try to switch to another US VPN server sometimes if the video can not be played back when connecting with VPN.

Comment

It IS streamfab! All shows that cause the not found, play fine in web browsers. It IS other shows I am not listing them all but just try the 'on patrol' shows, there are 2 different ones, and both have issues once you get into later seasons 1 and 2 and almost all of season 3.
                        How it IS streamfab is when the shows go into the download queue, it starts to analyze and then attempts to download. Somewhere from the start of the analysis to when SF attempts to start to download, it does not get the proper info to download.
                        The shows will even play fine in stremafab itself, so it's when it's in the download queue analyzing and then attempting to download there.
                        Everyone that has the issue has the same exact issue of server not found. It's not DNS, as I have tried many different ones, it's not VPN as NO VPN use with me, It's possibly a location issue and/or how SF gets the cdn links to try to download the shows.
                        The worst part of all is, if you feel up to it and try enough times after the stuff errors out, it may finally come.
                        Even closing then open SF can sometimes help.

It is not anything a user can fix. I now have a script I wrote myself to clear out all SF locations and then try again and for this issue, it does NOT help.

Those who don't have this should be happy they don't have this issue, for those who have the issue have shown and submitted numerous logs of the issue.

Back on 8/23 this was posted, so it's most likely a more involved issue because it can happen and then not happen. SO most likely will take time.

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
                        Hi,

I will ask the dev to check the problem again.

And the video should be downloaded if you can play back the video in your PC browser in the same network connection.

Wilson
                        Last edited by Stan001; 08-25-2024, 05:44 PM.
                        Streamfab DEFAULT, WINDOWS 10/11, locations:

%HOMEPATH%\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab

%HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab

Comment

I wanted to add that I don't even know how long I have been using SF, but I needed no help until the CDM stuff started.
                          Before then, I NEVER had to delete files, uninstall, or re-install, and it was fine using the updater in SF.
                          It was again not till the CDM stuff, that now it seems this is almost always needed, to uninstall, clean, and use an offline installer.
                          So is why, after more times than I care to count cleaning, I made a script that cleans up after SF, when needed.

They can fix it or not, I get Peacock via Xfinity as well as Netflix. The only service I pay separately for is Amazon Prime.
                          When the day comes Xfinity stops Netflix, I have NO plans to pay because too much (Sony) stuff will forever be stuck in 540p.
                          Peacock has better stuff and almost all in 1080p, and since Peacock is an American video streaming service owned and operated by NBC and Comcast, Xfinity throws that in to Diamond rewards members, as well as many other Xfinity customers.

And living in the USA, there is NEVER a need to use VPN to access Peacock USA content or any other USA content from a USA streamer.

Comment

Peacock seems to be working fine for me in all phases.
                            Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
                              I am happy it works, and it seems to work for many, seems only a few are reporting this issue.
                              And even Cats4u stated it works using Boston as well as a few other states
                              New York, New Jersey, Miami, fail. As well as some other States, not all can be tested.

I think Atalanta worked and Washington DC location. It can depend on how locations are tested and on what content.

This is why it may be a long process to see if it can get fixed.

The fact it plays in browsers and even SF itself, shows it's in the analyzing and/or download stages while in download queue. For those who have the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
                                Where in the USA are you located? As stated before not everyone in the USA experiences the issue. I still doubt if it affects any/many that are overseas and use a VPN or proxy but I think it is possible though unlikely per what has been posted.

The 203 Issue does not affect all Peacock shows for me. Mostly the MSNBC shows but also a few others.

As has been stated the 203 Issue seems to depend on the geographic location in the USA of the server that one is connected to. As he has posted several times Cats4U​ can successfully use a VPN and connect to Boston without issue but has issues when connected to other locations.

I have issues in the Seattle area.​ I do not use a VPN, Peacock is in the USA and those in the USA should not have to use a VPN or proxy in order to download some, but not all, of the shows on Peacock. The last reply to my support ticket 2 days ago was "the developer is working on it".

I can play the ones that fail in both Firefox and Chrome without issue. The ones that fail to download while using Streamfab might succeed on the 2nd or 3rd try or continue to fail even after a dozen times but then succeed later on.

Ahh, sorry. I didn't look far enough to the left to see the 203. Not founds are typically 403/404 errors. A 203 indicates a proxy in the middle, the server not maintaining states between servers or some type of session tracking getting dropped / session change which means the server can't track subsequent pieces of a conversation with the client. CDNs typically spray inbound requests across an array of servers and track the session with some form of a session identifier. If StreamFab isn't aligning to what the CDN server expects then a 203 can occur.

Proxies can cause this problem too because they, like the servers, often spray traffic across multiple proxies which can cause the session to appear to change with the receiving server. This could be why he VPN to Boston is working because the VPN may be forcing a proxy lock-in which isn't changing or is bypass your local Internet providers outbound proxy array, which could be causing the problem with session tracking.

In any case this all appears to be a session tracking issue.

Thanks,

Jeff
                                Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
                                I've said from near the beginning of the problem that it was a Peacock CDN issue. My theory is that some of the CDNs have been changed in some way that SF has trouble communicating with them. Boston is not the only VPN server I can connect to a CDN that is able to communicate with SF, but it is the most consistent for me. 100%, to be exact. Others are hit or miss. This might go along with JBinkley60's comments on session tracking. One thing is certain, the Peacock CDN that is local to me is one of the ones that have changed, and my connection to it for a download is now always 0%. The SF developer should be able to trace what is different between the CDN that works and the one that doesn't and make the necessary corrections. With that in mind, I have already sent in examples of my StreamFab.log from both working (Boston VPN) and non-working (local) sessions.
                                Last edited by flylow+; 08-25-2024, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X