No announcement yet.

Can't download from youtube movies and tv section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I have used every method including copy and pasting the url for the movie on the main page. I will install the latest version and try again. Funny thing is I can get it to work on my old windows 10 pc but not on my current windows 11 pc.

Comment

My primary SF machine is Windows 10 22H2.

For fun, I installed SF on a Windows 11 machine. YTD works, first try.

I'll try resetting the Network Stack on my original machine and see if the problem resolves itself.
      When breaking digital locks becomes outlawed, only outlaws will break digital locks...and watch movies in whatever format they want to, without annoying adverts and messages, etc.

Comment

Tried fresh install of 6197 and changed my dns to 8.8.8.8. Still a no go.Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	180
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	449788

Comment

Network Reset (through Windows Settings) did not resolve the problem.

I'm at a remote location at the moment and cannot manually issue DOS commands to reset the network on the misbehaving machine without losing access to it.

More later,
          When breaking digital locks becomes outlawed, only outlaws will break digital locks...and watch movies in whatever format they want to, without annoying adverts and messages, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by jmvtev View Post
            Tried fresh install of 6197 and changed my dns to 8.8.8.8. Still a no go.Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	111.7 KB ID:	449788
            You may want to post a log. Some users can read logs and then they may help.

You may have internet, but if you are using Windows, the Windows firewall may be acting up and blocking the YouTube service in streamfab from accessing the internet.
            You also could just try resetting the Windows firewall, so then it will prompt you to access the internet.
            Windows firewall went weird for me and stopped prompting me, and instead just blocked SF, and a simple reset of Windows firewall fixed it.
            It now again prompts me and I allow it till the next update of SF.

As for YouTube movies, I gave up. First I only get 480p and second, IF, SF analyzes it takes a very long time, if at all.
            Unfortunately, all the movies & tv section are encoded, or just using a simple YouTube downloader would work.

Hope you get it figured out.
            Streamfab DEFAULT, WINDOWS 10/11, locations:

%HOMEPATH%\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab

%HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab

Comment

Here is the most recent log after deleting the previous log and temp folders ( as instructed to do so by support ). This is the same log I sent support after the fresh install and failure. I have disabled the firewall and antivirus to check and still no luck. All other modules in streamfab work fine.
              Attached Files

Comment

You have a lot more problems than that you can't download a movie. Your YouTubeToMP3Service.exe seems to be screwed up. Do a clean install using the download of 6.1.9.7 from the top of this forum. Compare its CRCs to make sure you've got a good copy,

Code:
                2024:09:06-13:21:10 0x00007434 [Info]: YoutubeDLService: "Traceback (most recent call last):\r\n  File \"yt_dlp\\WebService.py\", line 373, in <module>\r\n  File \"yt_dlp\\WebService.py\", line 361, in main\r\n  File \"yt_dlp\\WebService.py\", line 350, in start\r\n  File \"socketserver.py\", line 452, in __init__\r\n  File \"http\\server.py\", line 138, in server_bind\r\n  File \"socketserver.py\", line 466, in server_bind\r\nOSError: [WinError 10013] An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions\r\n[PYI-27116:ERROR] Failed to execute script 'WebService' due to unhandled exce"
                2024:09:06-13:21:10 0x00007434 [Info]: YoutubeDLService: "ption!\r\n"
                2024:09:06-13:21:10 0x00007434 [Info]: Youtube DL Service Status: NotRunning​
                As mentioned previously, this could be a firewall issue. You say you "disabled" the firewall. What you should be doing is making sure that the inbound firewall rule for YouTubeToMP3Service.exe listed under the two StreamFab entries are enabled. Also, make sure that the YouTubeToMP3Service.exe is listed in your Services as either Automatic or Running.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-09-06 7.50.59 PM.png
Views:	259
Size:	436.0 KB
ID:	449799

Comment

Thank you for the info. I will give it a shot and let you know how it goes.

Comment

Cats4U: I was able to create/add the inbound firewall rules for youtubetomp3services.exe and enabled them. I don't see the youtubetomp3service.exe listed in my services at all. Can I add it and if so how do I do that? Again, thank you for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by jmvtev View Post
                      Cats4U: I was able to create/add the inbound firewall rules for youtubetomp3services.exe and enabled them. I don't see the youtubetomp3service.exe listed in my services at all. Can I add it and if so how do I do that? Again, thank you for your help.
                      No worries. I don't see it listed in Services, either. I just assumed, like every other service, it should be there, and you want it set to Automatic or Running. My mistake to assume. Checking under another program, it appears that it is running under conhost.exe. Conhost.exe being Window's command line.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-09-07 5.25.19 AM.png
Views:	261
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	449817

If you try to run YouTubeToMP3Service.exe from the command line, all you get is...

Code:
                      C:\Program Files\DVDFab\StreamFab\YouTubeDL>YouTubeToMP3Service.exe
                      import_YoutubeDL begin
                      ************ WebService begin Port :52081************
                      import_YoutubeDL end​
                      Which jives with the WebService error that you have repeatedly in your log. Turns out that YouTubeToMP3Service.exe may not itself be a service after all, despite its name. YouTubeToMP3Process.exe on the other hand is just a custom version of yt-dlp.exe with two additional StreamFab-related options. The error keeps referring to "yt_dlp\\WebService.py". It's a Python script which I can't find anywhere. I'm guessing that it is buried somewhere in YouTubeToMP3Process.exe.

My suggestion is to start from scratch with a complete uninstall and clean install.
                      How to do a clean install of the latest StreamFab

1. Totally delete the contents of your StreamFab Log & Temp directories. Please refer to your StreamFab Settings as to where you have told SF where to save them.

2. Use a "professional" uninstall program to completely remove the old version of StreamFab.
                      Make sure the uninstaller removes Registry entries for StreamFab as well as the program.
                      Do not use the built-in Windows uninstaller (Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features) as it tends to leave stuff behind.
                      A good source for currently available free uninstallers is at https://www.lifewire.com/free-uninst...ograms-2625188 or simply Google "Uninstallers" for additional free and pay programs. Some commonly used uninstallers are Revo, Ashampoo, and Total Uninstaller. Right now, I prefer the Ashampoo - https://www.ashampoo.com/en-us/uninstaller-free. Revo sometimes makes you reboot your computer.
                      Important: Be sure to choose to remove StreamFab's current configuration when asked.

3. Download the latest offline version of StreamFab from the "Sticky" announcement at the top of the forum. Otherwise just download directly from...
                      32bit version: https://www.dvdfab.cn/mlink/download...reamFab_Online
                      64bit version: https://www.dvdfab.cn/mlink/download...=StreamFab_x64
                      NEVER use the online pop-up installer as it often produces bad installs.

4. Install the new version of StreamFab.
                      If the uninstall program you used has a Install component to it, use that to install StreamFab.
                      Using the Install component will keep a complete log of everything added and make a future uninstall easier the next time. When the install is done, start up your new version of SF. A pop-up will appear asking you to re-authorize your StreamFab, do that by giving your email/password. Give your DVDFab email/password, not your forum email/password, if different.
                      Then go up to the upper right of StreamFab's display and click the Settings icon and set up your StreamFab configuration to your liking. After setting up your configuration and saving, it is best to close StreamFab and then restart it.
                      Do a clean install everytime a new StreamFab version comes out and you will have fewer problems.

Comment

I used revo uninstaller, couldn't get ashampoo to work. Removed all registry entries and restarted windows. Downloaded the latest version like you said. Ran using run as administrator. After first run and before attempting any downloads I looked at the log. Right off the bat I see youtube service errors. I looked at the services and do not see any entries. The inbound firewall rules I created are gone but maybe that is normal since I uninstalled it. Here are the logs. I'm kind of lost now as to what to do next. Thank you for your help.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Still looks faulty:

[Info]: Youtube DL Service Start
                          [Log]: Download error: Md5 inconsistent

and WinError 10013
                          Originally posted by Germania View Post
                          Error 10013 indicates that a needed socket connection is being denied
                          and that a port is blocked and/or unreachable
                          Are you using the same router for Win10 + 11? (which could also filter) or security software in Win11?​

Comment

Same router for both. And no special security software, just stock windows 11 stuff. I'll poke around and see if I can find something unusual in my setup.

Comment

I used revo uninstaller, couldn't get ashampoo to work.
                              This is a shot in the dark, by any chance are you using the Control-D Ads+Malware DNS server (or Control-D with either of those filters) in your router? I recently switched my primary DNS server on my router to the before listed Control-D Ads+Malware (76.76.2.2) and I couldn't activate any of my Ashampoo programs that I've used without problems for years. As soon as I switched it to 76.76.2.0 (not using Ads+Malware filter) or some other DNS server, Ashampoo was back working. Could this be having an effect on streaming downloading, too, specifically your problem?

Comment

I'm using a netgear orbi router. I don't believe that is part of this router. I'm using my service provider dns.

Comment

Working...
                                X