No announcement yet.

Can't download from youtube movies and tv section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This again is a firewall issue, as I had issue here is post > trouble with youtube dl - DVDFab Forum
    Just note the first 2 posts. I never got around to posting solved there and how I solved it.

Windows10 should be similar to Windows 11 and vice versa. Go to Windows settings, type Windows Defender Firewall, control panel will pop up, click Restore defaults.
    This will restore all firewall defaults, including prompting you for some apps as they give either suspicious behaver or need extra to allow access to internet.
    After which a reboot won't hurt. Then try SF again. Windows should prompt you when running SF to allow internet access.
    Almost every version of SF should prompt you, and it's the YouTube service.
    When I had the issue, in the post I link to above, I had to restore firewall defaults as for some unknown reason it stopped prompting me and just blocked it.​
    It should only then need to prompt you once till you update SF again, as it seems the signature or something similar changes almost each new SF update.

If this doesn't solve it, then something either in your modem/router is blocking or your ISP is.
    If it's the modem/router, they can be reset and sometimes need a factory reset, if modem/router is from your ISP check with your ISP.
    If it's one you bought, check the docs on how to reset or factory reset.​
    Streamfab DEFAULT, WINDOWS 10/11, locations:

%HOMEPATH%\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab

%HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab

Comment

Ok, after looking at this whole picture for the OP, I still would do the reset firewall in Windows 11 and reboot then try SF.

If SF still doesn't work, there are several steps you may have to try.

Open a CMD prompt as Admin and type DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, let that fully complete.
      Then type SFC /scannow, and let that finish. These are safe Windows commands to fix Windows file corruption.
      REBOOT computer, Try SF again.

If SF still doesn't work, go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and find the file called hosts. It should look like below, viewed in Notepad.
      Code:
      # Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
      #
      # This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
      #
      # This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
      # entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
      # be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
      # The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
      # space.
      #
      # Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
      # lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
      #
      # For example:
      #
      #      102.54.94.97     rhino.acme.com          # source server
      #       38.25.63.10     x.acme.com              # x client host

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
      #    127.0.0.1       localhost
      #    ::1             localhost​
      REBOOT again and try SF.

If still not working, might be a malware issue.
      Download either Dr.Web NO install needed and do a full scan of the system.
      Or you could try malwarebytes, YES it’s free to use. This needs an installation and then do a full scan.

REBOOT the computer and try SF again.

As it seems you already did an uninstallation and downloaded the full installer of SF, I hope also you checked the CRC. Easy if using 7-zip.
      New! StreamFab 6.1.9.7 is released (September 06, 2024) - DVDFab Forum

StreamFab x64 (Offline vers.):
      FullFileName: streamfab_x64_6197.exe
      MD5: 5be4e516b74572cc134e067918d6677c
      SHA1: b422f72fc6c4780f4364bba25deef691c4aa33dc
      CRC32: 6a4ee778​

This is all I have, if it's still doing the same then you might want to see if it's a newer computer they all come with a service warranty, and call them, and they can possibly remote to your computer.

Steps again for resetting Windows firewall, go to settings and type:
      Click image for larger version  Name:	LOO66WAXSuqPtwc0LNbXZg.png Views:	0 Size:	12.5 KB ID:	449970

Control panel will come up as so:
      Click image for larger version  Name:	lUkkGyAmTJWMH90X3nurwQ.png Views:	0 Size:	32.7 KB ID:	449971

A REBOOT won't hurt. Good luck again and fingers crossed it starts to work.

Comment

I will give it a try using your steps and let you know what happens. Thank you very much for the help..

Comment

Sorry to report that it did not work. Tried all suggestions including CRC check. No change. Support says they have recorded the problem and will try and solve it on the next update. I will keep my fingers crossed. Until then I'll just use my old windows 10 PC when needed. Thank you all for your help. I'll post if it gets fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by jmvtev View Post
            Sorry to report that it did not work. Tried all suggestions including CRC check. No change. Support says they have recorded the problem and will try and solve it on the next update. I will keep my fingers crossed. Until then I'll just use my old windows 10 PC when needed. Thank you all for your help. I'll post if it gets fixed.
            I am kind of surprised as not many others are having an issue and it works even for you on Win 10, just not Win 11. But maybe developer did find something odd, like some of the other modules, some things are only effecting some people.
            or I wonder if that's just a canned response now from SF support because that's what I was told for both Peacock and Netflix issues, problems recorded and wait for next update, although I been waiting for Peacock since end of July.

Comment

Just an update. I installed SF, latest version on a different windows 10 pc. I had the same failure as with my windows 11 pc.. My other windows 10 pc still works fine. I installed SF 6198, latest version on my windows 11 pc and it still failed. I sent the log file to support and advised them that it still failed after they had advised me to wait for the new ( 6198 ) version. They sent a response asking me to try the latest version and sent me a link to version 6198. So apparently it was a canned response because it looks like they didn't even bother looking at the log file I sent them showing I was using 6198. I'll wait for their response.

Comment

I am beginning to suspect surfshark vpn may have something to do with the issue. On two computers I have surfshark installed, SF youtube does not work. On two other computer where surfshark is not installed SF works fine. Even though I don't have it running when using streamfab, I suspect surfshark has something running in the background. I uninstalled surfshark, re-installed SF but it still did not work. Maybe surfshark changed something in my computers or left some leftover system changes that I can't figure out. Does anyone here use surfshark vpn and if so does SF youtube work ok for you?

Comment

I am beginning to suspect surfshark vpn may have something to do with the issue. On two computers I have surfshark installed, SF youtube does not work. On two other computer where surfshark is not installed SF works fine. Even though I don't have it running when using streamfab, I suspect surfshark has something running in the background. I uninstalled surfshark, re-installed SF but it still did not work. Maybe surfshark changed something in my computers or left some leftover system changes that I can't figure out. Does anyone here use surfshark vpn and if so does SF youtube work ok for you?
                  I never got to ask you when you did the firewall reset, did SF then prompt you to access the Internet. YES or NO.
                  Sadly, either way, you have a much deeper issue, because if it did prompt you, and you allowed it access, then something else is blocking.
                  And if you did not get a prompt, that's a bigger issue.

Possibly something else is controlling the software firewall on the 2 computers.
                  This is assuming the 2 computers not working use the same router as the 2 that work.
                  As routers are known to block ports. This is all going by the error posted here > https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...838#post449838

If you're getting a different issue or error in logs, then need to post that.
                  In most situations, uninstalling a suspected program causing issues should fix the issue.
                  I did have access to surfshark and YES it runs services in the background, and they kept making this worse by adding antivirus, and for all we know possibly even some kind of software firewall.
                  But again, uninstalling should fix it if it was blocking, I never had it block anything running or not running, other than if using Bypasser.
                  If you do happen to still have surfshark go to it and make sure Bypasser is off, this might sound weird but long ago I had an issue if Bypasser was on and surfshark was NOT running.

One last thing, you can try to go to settings and do a Network Reset, this again will want a reboot. If no go, then the next step may be to get some kind of tech support for those 2 trouble computers. As even, you can get SF to work on 2 other computers and no one else really seems to have this as an ongoing issue.
                  I highly doubt SF will keep spending time if others are not having the issue. Look at all the Tubi users, and SF has not fixed that yet.

SF prompt:

Click image for larger version

Name:	kCScLe5bTIWWMqNrgcGKyg.png
Views:	35
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	450375
                  Last edited by Stan001; Yesterday, 05:46 PM.

Comment

YouTube downloader is working.
                    You just can't now log in but can get items not requiring login.

Click image for larger version

Name:	eDld-luJSkqzpL3Y35torw.png
Views:	34
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	450374

Comment

Emrullahx92

I would easily say yeah it can be a location or region issue as I just went through that with Peacock for almost 2 months it would not let me download some shows, yet others would work fine.
                      I can only say that YouTube is working in my location.
                      There are certain members known as trusted or hidden moderators who can read logs, so maybe post a log, in just a separate post and one of them can hopefully help.

Comment

I did do the firewall reset and nothing came up when re-installing SF. I will try the Network Reset next and see if that helps. I think you are right that it may be a deeper issue. As last resort I would have to re-install windows but that would have to be very last resort. Thank you for the help...

Comment

I did do the firewall reset and nothing came up when re-installing SF. I will try the Network Reset next and see if that helps. I think you are right that it may be a deeper issue. As last resort I would have to re-install windows but that would have to be very last resort. Thank you for the help...
                          Sorry. I only know those 2 resets, firewall and network. I just did the firewall reset again, and that's how I got the screenshot of the one prompt. SF in fact prompted me 2 times, once right after loading it and then a 2nd time when accessing YouTube.

Maybe check one last time if other software is installed that could be causing an issue. Do the malware scan too, if you have not? You would be surprised how much stuff Windows antivirus misses.
                          And those 2 software I posted are totally free and are very good for being free. And will remove anything, if found, also for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Emrullahx92 View Post
                            Nothing can be downloaded from You Tube, analysis cannot be done, it gives network errors etc.
                            This discussion is not about the YouTube downloader, it is about the YouTube Movie downloader. A totally different module.

You're starting to get on my nerves, Emrullahx92. Multiple deleted messages that needed cleaning up, messages to the wrong topic. All your YouTube messages are being moved to an existing topic dealing with YouTube login problems and not YouTube Movie problems.

Last edited by Cats4U; Yesterday, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X