The Max module is essentially useless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Max The Max module is essentially useless

I have had StreamFab for a few months now and while other modules work well, Amazon for example, the Max module works almost never. I have gotten a few things from it but only after many many many attempts. I understand the encryption thing with newer titles. No problem. But even basic things are near impossible. What can I do to make that better?

The Max module is only 720p on most new stuff, I feel you, bro. If I didn't have MAX for a year I would have cancelled it already.
    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Makes you wonder if they'll ever fully crack MAX and Netflix.

Comment

It's not the encryption that I have issues with. It's the fact it will almost never downloads.

I have to play games with it telling to to stop and start and so on. And then maybe it downloads a few and then it stops again and round and round we go.

But most of the time, it just sits there visibly doing nothing. Now in it's defense, stop/start seems to just have worked. Had to do it about 3 times but it's pulling.

Comment

Originally posted by DQ1 View Post
          It's not the encryption that I have issues with. It's the fact it will almost never downloads.
          I don't use Max every day, and I don't have a paid account ..
          .. but the 2-3 tests I do per week have always been error-free so far.

A StreamFab.log could possibly be helpful ..
          .. or at least information about country, failed title and your selection.​

Have you ever tried a clean removal and reinstallation?

Comment

Originally posted by Germania View Post
            My standalone Max account costs me US$29.99 per year. I created a Google Account based in Argentina and installed the Max Android App on one of my Windows 11 PCs with a WSABuild. Then i connected to an Argentinian VPN server

That way, i could use Google Pay to buy the subscription even though my Credit Card is from Canada. It has been 2 years now and it renews automatically just fine.

Only problem is i also don't use it much since it's not 1080p. So i had to get Max through PrimeVideo
            How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
              My standalone Max account costs me US$29.99 per year ..
              > Does Max and HULU USA have German audio tracks?

Nope, that's why I don't have Hulu, Max, Peacock
              and why I don't usually post in those topics.
              I currently use three Max accounts as "guest" in USA and three in Europe.
              Seems cheaper to me somehow .. but thanks for the info​

Comment

I currently use three Max accounts as "guest" in USA and three in Europe.
                Seems cheaper to me somehow .. but thanks for the info​
                Oh yeah i forgot about the German Audio stuff.

Never been a problem for me as i am incapable of watching dubbed stuff. I always watch in the original audio with English or French subtitles.

Comment

.. but the 2-3 tests I do per week have always been error-free so far.

.. or at least information about country, failed title and your selection.​

Have you ever tried a clean removal and reinstallation?
                  I have posted all that in another thread. I can see the error it hangs on so it does not appear to be a total mystery. Now that was 1 or 2 versions ago. I have the same issues but I have not looked at the error since so it might have changed.

Now in the defense of Fab I do heavily filter my network and anytime I have such one off issues I check for that. But even if I bypass it all I had the same issue. But I mention because it's still part of the equation.

Comment

I have seen issues with Max, even when I have not touched (upgraded/downgraded) the StreamFab app on my computer, which leads me to question if these issues are Max site related, rather than StreamFab developer faults? I don't say that to excuse Fab, the developers still have to adapt to these changes. But I wonder if changes are frequent enough to have a negative impact on getting this fixed?

I've shared before I subscribed to Max via Amazon Prime Channels a long while back due to SF's Max downloader's 720p limits, so I have the "best of both worlds". I can download Max content at 1080p via Amazon downloader (usually at better video and audio bitrates than I can get with the Max downloader when 1080p is available), as well as 1080p/4K from Max downloader if/when that downloader is working.

I count myself lucky because I know this doesn't work for everyone. Max as a Prime Channel isn't available everywhere, and some may have Max bundled for free with another service, so it would mean paying for it a second time.

If Max via Prime Channels is available, and costs the same as subscribing to Max directly, I would suggest switching your subscription.

Comment

Max still just sitting there. I try and try and try. It analyzes the first episode but never downloads.

I can see clear issues in my log but I am not sure what they mean.

2024:09:05-21:01:07 0x00000af4 [Info]: download fail 301 (Protocol "" is unknown). (url :/9893c62b-971f-41d3-b164-7173ec5be032/v/0_beecaf/v11.mp4)
                      2024:09:05-21:01:07 0x00000af4 [Info]: remove outputpath C:/Temp/fab/temp/outputTemp/Max/2024_09_05_21_00_43_684966cb-8bb4-475d-8640-70f86394e85a_video.mp4.tmp
                      2024:09:05-21:01:07 0x00000af4 [Info]: Retry 0 time
                      2024:09:05-21:01:09 0x00005d98 [Info]: qEventoop exit
                      2024:09:05-21:01:09 0x00005d98 [Info]: thread exit. 0x5d98
                      2024:09:05-21:01:09 0x00000af4 [Info]: bComplete break;
                      2024:09:05-21:01:09 0x00000af4 [Info]: download fail 301 (Protocol "" is unknown). (url :/9893c62b-971f-41d3-b164-7173ec5be032/v/0_beecaf/v11.mp4)
                      2024:09:05-21:01:09 0x00000af4 [Info]: remove outputpath C:/Temp/fab/temp/outputTemp/Max/2024_09_05_21_00_43_684966cb-8bb4-475d-8640-70f86394e85a_video.mp4.tmp
                      2024:09:05-21:01:09 0x00000af4 [Info]: Retry 1 time
                      2024:09:05-21:01:11 0x00005740 [Info]: qEventoop exit
                      2024:09:05-21:01:11 0x00005740 [Info]: thread exit. 0x5740
                      2024:09:05-21:01:11 0x00000af4 [Info]: bComplete break;
                      2024:09:05-21:01:11 0x00000af4 [Info]: download fail 301 (Protocol "" is unknown). (url :/9893c62b-971f-41d3-b164-7173ec5be032/v/0_beecaf/v11.mp4)
                      2024:09:05-21:01:11 0x00000af4 [Info]: remove outputpath C:/Temp/fab/temp/outputTemp/Max/2024_09_05_21_00_43_684966cb-8bb4-475d-8640-70f86394e85a_video.mp4.tmp​

Comment

url looks like a internal link (open in app ?)

I think no Max user haver ever seen/post this ..
                        .. i know only primevideo:// if click dl on amazon website

I suspect a misconfiguration in your "DNS filtering such as Pihole"

.. or at least information about country, failed title and your selection.
                        The only info i found in other thread is "I am in the US, not using a VPN"

In your 6 posts was never a failed title, your selection
                        or a full StreamFab.log from you - until then I'm out

So the correct title must be: My Info is essentially useless​

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
                          The Max module is only 720p on most new stuff, I feel you, bro. If I didn't have MAX for a year I would have cancelled it already.
                          Has anyone tried MAX through Amazon to see if you get 1080P via that method ?

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by jbinkley60 View Post
                            #6 sounds like this to me:
                            Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
                            Only problem is i also don't use it much since it's not 1080p.
                            So i had to get Max through PrimeVideo
                            ​There is no Max in Germany - so I can't test it

Comment

Originally posted by jbinkley60 View Post

Jeff
                              Everything on Max via PrimeVideo is 1080p. Only thing is there is no 5.1 Atmos. Just 5.1 or 2.0 EAC3 & AAC.

If you follow "The Scene" you will notice that many release groups, such as Flux, release stuff from Amazon with Atmos audio so it is available. Just StreamFab isn't able to get it.

Comment

Working...
                              X