No announcement yet.

Burning issues (rings and things)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ImgBurn Burning issues (rings and things)

Hey all.

When buring my .iso files in imgburn, the faster the speed, the more errors I get on disk.
    This is probably common for most people, but even if I slow the burn down to 1x, 2x or 2.4x (on my 4x Optical Quantum media) I get odd rings during the burn.

I dont know if these are related to buffer issues.. Is having a 98-99-100% buffer good or bad?
    Are there any default settings that I should be looking at?
    I dont care about how long it takes to burn, I want the best quality burn.

Will the disc play normally?
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by dgrams View Post
      Hey all.

When buring my .iso files in imgburn, the faster the speed, the more errors I get on disk.
      This is probably common for most people, but even if I slow the burn down to 1x, 2x or 2.4x (on my 4x Optical Quantum media) I get odd rings during the burn.

I dont know if these are related to buffer issues.. Is having a 98-99-100% buffer good or bad?
      Crappy media.
      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by dgrams View Post
        Hey all.

That is a common issue with poor media, their is no dye or less dye in that area of the disc so it doesn't burn at that point, thus circles on the media caused by the lack of dye in that area.
        Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

This can also be due to Z-CLV write strategies. Where different zones of the disc are burned at different velocities. This is normal and why I asked if the disc plays normally.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
          X